DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 557
4 members and 553 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Warning: Reg/Ins checkpoint
Unread
  (#1)
Former Rock Star

Warning: Reg/Ins checkpoint - November 16, 2006, 12:29 PM

Anyone that enjoys the ride like I do out Route 29 towards
points West beware. That is beware if your tags or inspection
are dead. Where you go through the small town of Marshall with
the shops on either side and Marshalls pub local Deputy Barney
Fife and his partner were waving motorcycles to the side of the road
and checking liscense, registration, State inspection if VA tags and
proof of insurance. I thought to ask Mr. Fife how he found it right
to pull over bikes and not cages but frankly had my papers in order
and didn't want him finding a busted tail light stuck to a night stick if
you know what I mean. If it was just Sport bikes I'd had to of asked
but I was yanked with Harleys etc. Barney said you'd be surprised how
many we find don't have the motorcycle endorsement to which again
I opted to keep the pie hole shut as his envy of bikes was palpable and
bet his ass was kicked his entire juvenile life by kids with bikes and now
has a huge hard on for us. It doesn't seem legal and in the realm of
profiling some how.
P.S He had a wrecker around the corner in anticipation of yanking a bike
thats owner that was missing an M or more.

"there can't be 2 number 1's, that'd be 11!"
~Eric
(The Irish Guy) R.I.P
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
itsOnlyWrongIfuGetCaught

November 16, 2006, 12:38 PM

Cops should turn a blind eye to sport bikes. We're probably going to kill ourselves anyway.

"I'm ready for a commitment Harry. First time I set eyes on Mary Swanson I just got that old-fashioned romantic feeling, where I'd do anything to bone her."
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Addicted to Cajen food...

November 16, 2006, 12:42 PM

Truth is, be legal or stay home... and i'm speaking from experience. The effort to remain legal is little more than taking a test, riding the bike for a test and paying insurance premiums... nuff said.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

November 16, 2006, 01:11 PM

I thought they would need a reason to pull you over in the first place. If they just pull over every single bike that sounds fishy!!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#5)
Posting Nothing Relevant

November 16, 2006, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131
I thought they would need a reason to pull you over in the first place. If they just pull over every single bike that sounds fishy!!
+1, ive heard of check points like these but they pulled EVERYONE not just singled bikes or cars. that sounds like profiling to me brotha!

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#6)
Addicted to Cajen food...

November 16, 2006, 01:18 PM

Here's the reason... We know over half the sportbikers in VA ride dirty... that's all the probable cause they need.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Retired to most ...

November 16, 2006, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzu
Here's the reason... We know over half the sportbikers in VA ride dirty... that's all the probable cause they need.
Agreed.

On a side note, the last time I checked VA does not require you to carry proof of insurance so them asking for it doesn't make sense. I wish I could say I had not been but I've been pulled over MANY times and never once have been asked to show proof of insurance.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#8)
singin sweet home alabama

November 16, 2006, 02:35 PM

dunno... I've been here a year now, and despite previously averaging about 2-3 stops by the po-po per year, I have yet to be pulled over in Virginia.

Now where's some wood to knock on...

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#9)
Retired to most ...

November 16, 2006, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8
dunno... I've been here a year now, and despite previously averaging about 2-3 stops by the po-po per year, I have yet to be pulled over in Virginia.

Now where's some wood to knock on...
Wanna go for a ride?

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#10)
Republicans for Voldemort

November 16, 2006, 03:14 PM

Some Cops (not all cops) will be dicks - and will occasionally go after low hanging fruit... As that lots of folks ride illegally - nobody is going to care about stops like this - if they ticket allot of rider (ie the public won't give a rat's ass)..

Ride legal - this also applies to your bike as well - working T/S - visable and lighted tag - etc....

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#11)
Super Moderator

November 16, 2006, 03:24 PM

Ride legit. i honestly dont care if they pull me over. Im legit. If you arent legal and gety busted you have no one to blame but yourself. If I got hit by an uninsured/unlicensed driver, I BE PISSED!

And in D.C., you have to have proof of inisurance. BIG FUNE!! $100.00

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#12)
Former Rock Star

November 16, 2006, 05:30 PM

Agreed, ride legal or don't ride and I'd be pissed if an uninsured or under insured person hit me. I'm totally legit it was just a hassle on a nice day to have to stop and wait 20 mins for them to clear the riders I was with. I just wanted to give heads up to fellow sb's riding
there and it chapped my nuts again as I was writing it. One of the riders waiting wiped a
booger on cruisers door handle so maybe it was worth it.

"there can't be 2 number 1's, that'd be 11!"
~Eric
(The Irish Guy) R.I.P
Unread
  (#13)
Posting Nothing Relevant

November 16, 2006, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondahawkrider
Some Cops (not all cops) will be dicks - and will occasionally go after low hanging fruit... As that lots of folks ride illegally - nobody is going to care about stops like this - if they ticket allot of rider (ie the public won't give a rat's ass)..

Ride legal - this also applies to your bike as well - working T/S - visable and lighted tag - etc....

law in virginia is, either all turnsignals work, or you do not even have them attatched. they are not a requirement. so either pull em, or get em working is the best way to pull it.

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#14)
Railing!

November 16, 2006, 07:21 PM

They were doing this to cagers in NJ with seat belt check points. Lots of cars pulled over. What a waste of peoples time.

Forceofnature

Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
It's easy to identify people who can't count to ten. They're in front of you in the supermarket express lane.
Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.
Unread
  (#15)
Licensed Rider

November 16, 2006, 10:18 PM

My guys and I are required to do checking details twice a month, although I haven't done one in months. We usually stop and check licenses for every vehicle that comes through. Although if traffic backs up we waive everyone through until the line dies down and then start over.

Dead tags, dead inspections, no O/L and LOTS of suspended drivers end up getting caught.

About half of the suspended drivers are suspended because they didn't pay fines from a previous ticket. 10% or so are suspended as part of a DUI or other conviction. The remaining 15% are for not providing proof of insurance to DMV.

We also get a TON of illegals who have no license at all. No license, no drive. We usually end up with 3-5 people in an hour who have to be towed out.

Now, mind you these are people you DON'T want on the road. The illegals, usually don't have insurance and when they get in an accident, they tend to run. Leaving a messed up car and some poor soul who's going to have to dip into the uninsured motorist fund to get their car/bike fixed. Then WE ALL take it up the ass with higher premiums.

The DUI folks are usually on their 2nd or 3rd DUI and are revoked because they can't seem to get the idea that it's not a good idea to drunk before driving around.

The other suspended folks are usually just average Joe's who forgot to pay their tickets.

We do on many occasions get wanted folks.

These are NOT DUI checkpoints, but merely checking details, there is no sobriety testing done unless someone has a reason to be tested. In the few years I've been working though we haven't gotten any drunks at our checking details.

We don't usually run them for very long, maybe around an hour or so. In that time frame we'll check anywhere from 20 - 150 cars, depending on the location and time of day. In that period we'll end up with 5-20 violations and 2-5 suspended drivers.

Lt. Colonel Grossman - writes in his introduction to The Bulletproof Mind:

One Vietnam veteran, an old retired colonel, once said this to me: "Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident."....

"Then there are the wolves," the old war veteran said, "and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy." Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.

"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."