DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 635
4 members and 631 guests
2blueyam, Sal_the_man, t84a, TTViper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Washington Wizards Debut New Team Roster Tomorrow
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Washington Wizards Debut New Team Roster Tomorrow - February 17, 2010, 07:04 PM

They might as well go ahead and do it.
WTF - in the last 72 hours they traded Butler, Jamison, Haywood, and Stevenson.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
SIN MC Event Coord

February 17, 2010, 07:27 PM

Yeah, I would have been happy with most of those guys. Why the hell haven't they gotten rid of Arenas yet?

The Cav's are pretty sick, I think they go all the way.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to buckshot  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

February 17, 2010, 08:07 PM

I heard that we are getting shaq from
the cavs

08- 99 cbr f4---sold
08-05 r6 --- sold
08-03 streetfighter cbr rr crash need parts
super pucket bike x19
11- 06 zx6r 636
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

February 17, 2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshot View Post
Yeah, I would have been happy with most of those guys. Why the hell haven't they gotten rid of Arenas yet?

The Cav's are pretty sick, I think they go all the way.
It's a bit complicated because the NBA has probably the strongest Union in the 4 major sports. Because Arenas was suspended by the League (i.e. Stern) due to a contractual clause in the players union collective bargaining agreement, he cannot be terminated by the team for violation of any clauses. It's sort of like being double punished.

In the NFL though, it would be completely fair game to cut his ass since there's no guaranteed money in the NFL and that stuff was never negotiated by their union.

Basically the Wizards are jammed up with Arenas now. They can either pay him off or just sit him (a la Marbury and the Knicks) to the point where he gets frustrated and just leaves.

But they can't trade him because no team in their right mind would pick up the balance of his ridiculous contract (he's set to make another $70 million over 4 years) guaranteed money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flores703 View Post
the cavs
Hell to the no. Cleveland specifically brought in Shaq to help win the Championship for LeBron.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#5)
cake > pie

February 17, 2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flores703 View Post
the cavs
heard this at work last night too but not a basketball fan so not my thing.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Knee Draggin!

February 18, 2010, 07:12 AM

I think these are good moves for the wizards. Considering the decision making in the past of letting prime talent go(recently Roger mason Jr). The only person I'm sad to see leave is Butler. Dude was and all around good player and person. Really not to sad to see Jamison, Haywood, or Stevenson leave. In my opinion Jamison was soft inside the paint. Never going to the hoop always throwing up the one handed prayer of a shot. He would usually make them, but I could never understand how you can be that big and not go hard to the rack. Haywood started to play much more to his ability this year, grabbing more boards and scoring about 10pts. a game. Stevenson just hasn't been what he was a couple of years ago. His shots just aint droppin, and I really miss the "in ya face" he did after droppin a three on some one. This season is pretty much a wash. I'll be interested to see who all they keep from these trades going into the 2010-2011 season.

P-L Production ---> MARRC TD

Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
Thank you Rossi
Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

February 18, 2010, 07:43 AM

^^^Jamison, although not a PF powerhouse was the most consistent player and scorer.
Yeah, he doesn't take it hard to the rack - but his finesse game kept his wear and tear down, which allowed him to play mucho minutes and not be destroyed late in the season like a lot of true PF's.

I was sad to see him go. I thought they'd at least try to rebuild around him.

Unread
  (#8)
Parkin lot pimpin'

February 18, 2010, 07:53 AM

They're going to try to build around Mike Miller. As much as I like him he is not a player to build around since he has been in the league for 10 years and probably doesn't have that much left in the tank anyway. I'm ecstatic to see Haywood go because he has been a tremendous slouch ever since he left college. Jamison was always a favorite of mine but he would be better as a small forward on a big lineup. He definitely has no power in his game. Can't wait till we can get rid of Arenas because he has been nothing but another Allen Iverson to this team. Jackin up a ton of shots and not helping win games.

Interested to see what may happen.

2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R - back at it again
2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) Lots o' Mods - SOLD

2013 Ford F-150 Ecoboost (Toy Haulin)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EndoSJ3  
Unread
  (#9)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

February 18, 2010, 08:01 AM

You think we can get jordan back?

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#10)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

February 18, 2010, 08:07 AM

LOL, but seriously, I don't know much about B-Ball...shit I still call the Wizards The "Bullets" for christ sakes....

Anyway, before the gun incident, I was under the asumption that Arenas was like a town favorite...almost like you said a DC "Allen Iverson"...? No? Is he a good player? I know nothing about him.

by the way what is Allen Iverson doing nowa days? is he still playing?

Also Im trying to figure out what happend to this one super young player for the wizards. he played durring Jordans reign with the Wizards. He was from down south and kept getting in trouble...about 24ish years old... I know this is a shot in the dark...

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#11)
Knee Draggin!

February 18, 2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
LOL, but seriously, I don't know much about B-Ball...shit I still call the Wizards The "Bullets" for christ sakes....

Anyway, before the gun incident, I was under the asumption that Arenas was like a town favorite...almost like you said a DC "Allen Iverson"...? No? Is he a good player? I know nothing about him.

by the way what is Allen Iverson doing nowa days? is he still playing?

Also Im trying to figure out what happend to this one super young player for the wizards. he played durring Jordans reign with the Wizards. He was from down south and kept getting in trouble...about 24ish years old... I know this is a shot in the dark...
Gil can ball, when he's 100% healthy. This long break could be what he needs to get himslef back together. Yes Gil has been throwin up a bunch of shots, but he's trying to get his groove back. Iverson is back with the sixers.

Are you thinking of little hands Kwame Brown sp.? He was supposed to be great nothing ever came of it and he got traded or let go to the lakers at one point, but not sure where he is now. Andre Blach is kinda turning into him. Another out of highschool draft pick that's not producing, or only producing every so often.

I really do like some of the younger guys the wiz have. Young, Blache, and Macgee, I think have a lot to offer in the future. If they put in the work, we'll see.

Heist you are def. right Jamison was consistent and putting up points every game. I never really thought about reducing the injuries and extending longevity by not knocking around in the paint. The Wiz seemed to have a need for a powerful big man, and to me I think Jamison could've played that roll.

P-L Production ---> MARRC TD

Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
Thank you Rossi
Unread
  (#12)
T.R.I.T.D.H

February 18, 2010, 01:00 PM

In other news...Juan Dixon was caught using steroids in Spain...ahahahahahahahahhaha

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

February 18, 2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
In other news...Juan Dixon was caught using steroids in Spain...ahahahahahahahahhaha
the whole dixon family is full of fail. his aunt, the former mayor of baltimore, was found guilty of fraud and embezzelment last month and was forced to resign.

why? because she was stealing and using best buy and target gift cards! Fucking target and best buy!!! are you shitting me!

but then again, it's Bmore. I guess those are upscale store to them.

Unread
  (#14)
I got a need for Speed!_!

February 18, 2010, 01:17 PM

Wiz are in rebuilding mode, they've got some good young talent in Blache, Macgee and newly acquired Al Thorton. They've got a couple good veterans in Miller and Josh Howard. Blache has all-star level talent, but he's the only one so clearly the team will need some upgrades. With all the salary cap space they'll have this summer, they can definitely make a run for Amare, Lebron, Wade, Bosh.
I'll definitely miss Jamison, he was a class act, I'm routing for Dallas and Cleveland now.

TPM Red
AMA#629103
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to thespectralsorrows Send a message via AIM to thespectralsorrows  
Unread
  (#15)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

February 18, 2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocadile View Post
Gil can ball, when he's 100% healthy. This long break could be what he needs to get himslef back together. Yes Gil has been throwin up a bunch of shots, but he's trying to get his groove back. Iverson is back with the sixers.

Are you thinking of little hands Kwame Brown sp.? He was supposed to be great nothing ever came of it and he got traded or let go to the lakers at one point, but not sure where he is now. Andre Blach is kinda turning into him. Another out of highschool draft pick that's not producing, or only producing every so often.

I really do like some of the younger guys the wiz have. Young, Blache, and Macgee, I think have a lot to offer in the future. If they put in the work, we'll see.

Heist you are def. right Jamison was consistent and putting up points every game. I never really thought about reducing the injuries and extending longevity by not knocking around in the paint. The Wiz seemed to have a need for a powerful big man, and to me I think Jamison could've played that roll.

You are good...
thats the monkey....
I was talking to this South Italian Chick ...real dark...look more persian than italian, anyway she stayed in the club and met Dude, and next thing I know she was "Out" with him alot all innocent what ever...
I was just jelly tho, lol....

I remember the wash post magazine doing an article on him way back then (he was on the cover) I was so fucking steamed... I was so happy they were bashing him and he was not living up to the dream.

In the end tho...he was still getting paid millions