DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 534
2 members and 532 guests
beatle, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
FASTER

June 2, 2004, 09:04 AM

So I am heading to TWT at hard times. For some reason I donít take my cell phone. I was late meeting people up at Wegmans so I just headed to FFX parkway and thought I might catch up to them at a light. I also have 2 friends waiting for me in the parking lot of hard times. So I am cruising South bound on FFX just having a good old time since it is so nice out. It is almost 8 as I come up to the light at Fair Lakes. I get stuck at that light with a whole mess of cars. The light changes and we start moving. I start moving towards the front of the pack of cars. I keep my speed low as we pass the 66 exit and come around that bend since cops are always sitting there. Since I see no cops I accelerate and start to pass some cars. I end up in the fast lane and look back at the onramp from 66 to FFX and see no potential hazards coming. No cars to the left of me and no cars in front of me in my lane for about 200 yards. I look down at my speedometer then look up to see this gold Toyota Corolla dart from the fast lane into the median to avoid a Blue Nissan minivan coming across the median at it. I figure this blue van had just lost control and would hit the brakes and go back into the median so it wouldnít hit anyone. Well to my surprise it stays in the fast lane coming straight at me not slowing or swerving what so ever. I quickly move to the right lane and the van flies past me with no evidence of slowing down. Looking back forward to make sure I am safe in my lane I then look back and see the blue van smack a huge white utility van head on. Everyone behind me was trying to move to the right but there were cars there. The van had nowhere to go. The white van was doing around 60 and the blue van was doing that or more. The blue van spins and lands in the median. I think holy shit I just watched some people die. I slam on my brakes bust a u turn in the middle of ffx and head back to them and pull of the side. To my astonishment cars that were right behind the accident were trying to get around the van and leave. I turn the bike off and take off my helmet and gloves. As I head towards the two vans I figure the one in the blue van was dead. That van was completely mangled. The white van had brownish redish color liquid all over the windows and pouring out the door cracks. As I get closer I put together it is food and drinks. This was a food delivery person. The lady in the white van was smashed forward by everything in the back of her van and pressed up against the steering wheel. She was conscious but not saying anything. She was almost drowning in her own blood because her face was mashed up against the air bag and wheel. Me and a couple guys pry the drivers door open. A cop quickly cuts the bag away so she can breath. She doesnít respond but is groaning. I then walk over to the blue van. Half of that ladyís body was completely crushed. She was not responding at all. No pulse found.
Well it ends up it takes almost an hour and a half to get the lady out of the white van from the time the accident happened. She was medivaced out. The only thing they did with the lady in the blue van was take her pulse and then cover her with a white sheet. The police take our reports and we have to wait for an accident investigator to arrive since there was a death. I was the one who saw the most so the detective talked to me for quit a while then let me go. I didnít get home until after 10. We donít know how the lady in the white van is doing. I was talking to one of the cars that was in the right lane in front of me and they said they saw her face as she was coming towards us. They said she had both hands on the wheel looking straight forward like she was determined to wreck. I donít know if that is true because they could just think that. What I do know is she came across that median with out fish tailing or ever touching the brakes. She just missed one car and stayed in the fast lane going the wrong direction for probably 300-400 yards while staying perfectly in the lane. She never hit the brakes and never swerved. I donít know if she meant to or not I just no it kinda messed me up. Needless to say I went straight home after that. I was super aware of my surroundings. If I had been not paying attention I would be dead. It is crazy how fast stuff like that happens. I mean if anyone was on the phone or messing with the radio that could have been there life. Keep your head up and pay attention. You never know what is around the next bend. They closed down both North and South bound lanes of FFX. Some of you might have run into that on the way to Hard Times. About 5 bikes went by before the road was closed off. I donít know if any of them were you guys. Take it easy out there.

Favorite thing on my bike: the miles I put on it
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JUSTGO  
Unread
  (#2)
Site Admin

June 2, 2004, 09:10 AM

wow...unbelievable.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

June 2, 2004, 09:14 AM

DAYUM!! sorry to hear thi smang!

Chico
maybe this is why I got stop at 11m last night??

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#4)
Brainwash Your Face!

June 2, 2004, 09:15 AM

Damn...sorry you had to see that and avoid it.

Mad respect to you for stopping and trying to help.

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

June 2, 2004, 09:21 AM

holy shit.

justgo - you are such a good person for stopping and helping. not everyone is willing or able to stop and help people in a situation like that.

being completely selfish - i loathe hearing about incidents like this. it makes me sick to my stomach. be careful out there everyone, please.
Unread
  (#6)
Mr. Glass

June 2, 2004, 09:25 AM

yeah that is fuckin nuts man.. i was on the parkway about 9ish..and it was closed off at the time.. and i had to go through west ox to fairlakes parkway to back on FFX parkway.. and on the way it shot me into 66.. so i had to take the long way home..

but that is unbeleivable.. i cant even imagine that.. musta been one hell of a sight.. glad that you are the faster thinker..

eveyone people are nuts.. watch you mirrors.. and look ahead.. the psycho's are on the lose..

i hope that the lady in the white truck makes it through this ordeal..

godspeed

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#7)
Super Moderator

June 2, 2004, 09:45 AM

accidents are NO JOKE! I have seen my share! I just dont understand people nowadays. Cars are deadly! Those are 3500 pound missles moving at severe speed. I dont like talking on the cell phone when I am driving. I usually cut it pretty short and call the person back when Im where im supposed to be. Thats why I dont lane split, wheelie between cars and the rest of that crap. Just dont know what these morons in cages are going to do or how they react.

ďPeople sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.Ē
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

June 2, 2004, 11:22 AM

JustGo....I'm sorry you had to witness that in person. But I do admire how you turned around and tried to help. Because some people could care less that someone might be dieing and needs their help just as you posted
Quote:
To my astonishment cars that were right behind the accident were trying to get around the van and leave.

Douglas
R.I.P.-1995 F3
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FlyinBy  
Unread
  (#9)
Ballaugh Bridge

June 2, 2004, 06:40 PM

I saw that on the news last night.

Here's a link to the FFX Co incident report for it.
http://www.co.fairfax.va.us/ps/polic...100andRt29.doc

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#10)

June 2, 2004, 06:56 PM

Insane
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Deespeed99  
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

June 2, 2004, 08:09 PM

Thats crazy, I heard the parkway was messed up.... Did not suspect that.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JAGULE  
Unread
  (#12)
Licensed Rider

June 3, 2004, 07:58 AM

damn im glad youre ok. i pray the lady in the white van will be ok. mad props on going back and helping out.

Jay

'87 CBR600 F1 Hurricane
'01 CBR600 F4I
'04 CBR600RR
'03 R6 (beat to hell track b!tch)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to incognegro  
Unread
  (#13)
FASTER

June 3, 2004, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVbadguy
I saw that on the news last night.

Here's a link to the FFX Co incident report for it.
http://www.co.fairfax.va.us/ps/polic...100andRt29.doc
Thanks for posting that. I was curious about her status. Stable is good. Hopefully she pulls through this okay.

Favorite thing on my bike: the miles I put on it
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JUSTGO