DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 264
4 members and 260 guests
boomboom929, Nobrains, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#286)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов
 
vonstallin's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,824
Join Date: November 2, 2006
Location: Wash DC: (2 min from Adams Morgan)
November 17, 2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
Boy, I've been purposely avoiding challenging your insights and assessments, Von, but this one is just a bit too much of an overreach. Sorry, but I could NOT disagree more.

Hillary Clinton's 'Accomplishments' Don't Amount to Much | National Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQMoisldWqg

Keep in mind that a little over half of the some 700,000 US abortions reported to the CDC are of unborn females.

Ummmmm
no thanks.....
I do not want to drink from that cup of tea...please.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Review

Contributors[edit]
On November 19, 1955, Buckley’s magazine began to take shape. Buckley assembled an eclectic group of writers: traditionalists, Catholic intellectuals, libertarians and ex-Communists. The group included: Russell Kirk, James Burnham, Frank Meyer, and Willmoore Kendall, Catholics L. Brent Bozell, Harry V. Jaffa and Garry Wills. The former Time editor Whittaker Chambers, who had been a Communist spy in the 1930s, eventually became a senior editor. In the magazine’s founding statement Buckley wrote:[10]

Let’s Face it: Unlike Vienna, it seems altogether possible that did National Review not exist, no one would have invented it. The launching of a conservative weekly journal of opinion in a country widely assumed to be a bastion of conservatism at first glance looks like a work of supererogation, rather like publishing a royalist weekly within the walls of Buckingham Palace. It is not that of course; if National Review is superfluous, it is so for very different reasons: It stands athwart history, yelling Stop, at a time when no other is inclined to do so, or to have much patience with those who so urge it.

As editors and contributors, Buckley especially sought out intellectuals who were ex-Communists or had once worked on the far Left, including Whittaker Chambers, William Schlamm, John Dos Passos, Frank Meyer and James Burnham.[11] When James Burnham became one of the original senior editors, he urged the adoption of a more pragmatic editorial position that would extend the influence of the magazine toward the political center. Smant (1991) finds that Burnham overcame sometimes heated opposition from other members of the editorial board (including Meyer, Schlamm, William Rickenbacker, and the magazine's publisher William A. Rusher), and had a significant effect on both the editorial policy of the magazine and on the thinking of Buckley himself.[12]



Political views[edit]
Victor Davis Hanson, a regular contributor since 2001, sees a broad spectrum of conservative, anti-liberal and pro-western contributors:

In other words, a wide conservative spectrum—paleo-conservatives, neo-conservatives, tea-party enthusiasts, the deeply religious and the agnostic, both libertarians and social conservatives, free-marketeers and the more protectionist—characterizes National Review. The common requisite is that they present their views as a critique of prevailing liberal orthodoxy but do so analytically and with decency and respect.[23]
The magazine has been described as "the bible of American conservatism".[24]



Presidential primary endorsements[edit]
National Review sometimes endorses a candidate during the primary election season. Editors at National Review have said, "Our guiding principle has always been to select the most conservative viable candidate."[35] This statement echoes what has come to be called "The Buckley Rule". In a 1967 interview, in which he was asked about the choice of presidential candidate, Buckley said, "The wisest choice would be the one who would win. ... I'd be for the most right, viable candidate who could win."[36]

The following candidates were officially endorsed by National Review:

1956: Dwight Eisenhower
1960: no endorsement[37]
1964: Barry Goldwater
1968: Richard Nixon [37]
1972: John M. Ashbrook [37]
1976: Ronald Reagan
1980: Ronald Reagan
1984: Ronald Reagan
1988: George H.W. Bush
1992 George H.W. Bush
1996 Bob Dole
2000: George W. Bush
2004: George W. Bush
2008: Mitt Romney[38]
2012: no endorsement[37]
2016: Ted Cruz [39]


The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#287)
Railing!
 
Posts: 350
Join Date: December 16, 2011
November 18, 2016, 01:34 AM

these riots are lol. dont ever say brown people aren't the masters of self fulfilling prophecy.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#288)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,968
Join Date: October 1, 2002
November 18, 2016, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
talk about the sheer stupidity of someone. I was almost expecting better from you....not sure why tho...

Anyway that lie that trump told was fact checkk meer minutes after he said it.

Lets see what type of rhetoric you will reply with just to keep face.
or sit back and say nothing until another topic jump out that you can .... comment on.

sigh....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ment-of-birth/


http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/21/he...arks.html?_r=0


https://drjengunter.wordpress.com/20...nth-abortions/
Washington Post and NY Times as your "fact checkers" while you criticize the National Review? You do see the irony here...right?

I am sure Too40 will happily reply, but I am not sure where anyone else in this thread has called anyone "stupid" or any other personsal insult.

Some leisure reading for you on Clinton's actual stance on abortion. If you claim the broad based health of the mother exception (in Roe decision), you can "legally" abort a child when it is the birth canal. The reason there are so few has zero to do with whether it is legal to obtain and mostly to do with the fact that most women aren't sociopathic.

If you want to see how really barbaric the procedure is, read some of the Kermit Gosnell court transcripts. Feel free to draw any conclusions you might about the validity of the "news" media when they almost flat out refuse to cover this story because it would highlight the vileness of this process and it largely legally protected status.

Hillary Clinton – Late-Term-Abortion Supporter | National Review

Hillary Clinton & Partial-Birth Abortion: Defending the Indefensible | National Review

I agree with you that food labeling should be a easy decision. Tougher when you appoint a Monsanto VP as your food safety czar. You actually can't make this shit up.

You're Appointing Who? Please Obama, Say It's Not So! | The Huffington Post

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkzjDolokI

New bill that he just signed (8 years later), allows the labels to be QR code? Who the heck walks around with their phone and talk about discrimination against the poor. Double standards much Mr. President?

Instead, companies will be allowed to either say that in plain words on the package, or provide a QR code, 1-800 number, or website for consumers to visit for more information.

Obama Signs Controversial GMO Food Label Law - NBC News
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#289)
AMA Superbike Champ
 
Too40gawlf's Avatar
 
Posts: 837
Join Date: September 29, 2010
November 18, 2016, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
talk about the sheer stupidity of someone. I was almost expecting better from you....not sure why tho...

Anyway that lie that trump told was fact checkk meer minutes after he said it.

Lets see what type of rhetoric you will reply with just to keep face.
or sit back and say nothing until another topic jump out that you can .... comment on.

sigh....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ment-of-birth/


http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/21/he...arks.html?_r=0


https://drjengunter.wordpress.com/20...nth-abortions/
Blackhatch already brought it up - why dont you google Kermit Gosnell?

And lol at your 'fact checkers'. Once again, blackhatch hits the nail on the head much better than I.

Also, nice side step of the original point - did or did not Hillary clinton defend a child rapist and secure a much more lenient sentence for him? Does or does this not negate her claim to be an advocate of children?

Last edited by Too40gawlf; November 18, 2016 at 05:15 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#290)
Derpentine Dealer
 
OrangeShirtDude's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,464
Join Date: April 6, 2007
Location: "Going Bonkers"
November 18, 2016, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Ummmmm
no thanks.....
I do not want to drink from that cup of tea...please.
Ok then. Feel free to identify one specific substantial accomplishment with which we may credit Hillary Clinton each for women and for children.

"Worked with" is not a substantial accomplishment. I "work with" disadvantaged and homeless people monthly at the Route 1 Day Resource Center in Jessup, Maryland. I would not consider it a major accomplishment, and I certainly wouldn't expect others to say that I'm spearheading anything.

It's rhetorical. I'm not going to change your mind; you're not going to change mine. But who knows. Perhaps someone is reading this and hasn't come to a firm conclusion yet. A few specific examples of the great work Hillary Clinton has done for women and children may be all he or she needs.


How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#291)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,968
Join Date: October 1, 2002
November 18, 2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too40gawlf View Post
Blackhatch already brought it up - why dont you google Kermit Gosnell?

And lol at your 'fact checkers'. Once again, blackhatch hits the nail on the head much better than I.

Also, nice side step of the original point - did or did not Hillary clinton defend a child rapist and secure a much more lenient sentence for him? Does or does this not negate her claim to be an advocate of children?
Hey buddy...she did a bunch when she was in Congress. I think she sponsored a whooping 3 things. A post off, a section of highway, and a historical marker/designation.

And...she is very friendly with several "progressive" Muslim states that have very 21st laws with regards to women and children (i.e. Saudi Arabia...no age of consent so no such thing as child rape. Just have to be married...no matter the age). Women have it great there as well.

She's good for women too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
Ok then. Feel free to identify one specific substantial accomplishment with which we may credit Hillary Clinton each for women and for children.

"Worked with" is not a substantial accomplishment. I "work with" disadvantaged and homeless people monthly at the Route 1 Day Resource Center in Jessup, Maryland. I would not consider it a major accomplishment, and I certainly wouldn't expect others to say that I'm spearheading anything.

It's rhetorical. I'm not going to change your mind; you're not going to change mine. But who knows. Perhaps someone is reading this and hasn't come to a firm conclusion yet. A few specific examples of the great work Hillary Clinton has done for women and children may be all he or she needs.
Uh hum....

I give you the Kate Mullany historic site.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/108th-...nate-bill/1241

Checkmate bitches.

  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#292)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов
 
vonstallin's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,824
Join Date: November 2, 2006
Location: Wash DC: (2 min from Adams Morgan)
November 18, 2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdance View Post
these riots are lol. dont ever say brown people aren't the masters of self fulfilling prophecy.
lol

the "Protest" are multi racial and more Caucasians than blacks...There are just about equal white and spanish people protesting and blacks make up the smaller of the groups protesting...


and there was only 1 Riot and the protest turned into a riot when someone threw something....


I can say so much more other than you guys must be watching with filters on.


The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#293)
TNT
GP Champ
 
Posts: 1,668
Join Date: August 21, 2011
Location: Annapolis, MD
November 18, 2016, 12:17 PM

My most important contribution to this discussion to-date:

Can we please start using these regularly?

https://www.facebook.com/pg/LiberalM...69816653089244

e.g.,

Last edited by TNT; November 18, 2016 at 12:19 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#294)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов
 
vonstallin's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,824
Join Date: November 2, 2006
Location: Wash DC: (2 min from Adams Morgan)
November 18, 2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
Washington Post and NY Times as your "fact checkers" while you criticize the National Review? You do see the irony here...right?

I am sure Too40 will happily reply, but I am not sure where anyone else in this thread has called anyone "stupid" or any other personsal insult.

Some leisure reading for you on Clinton's actual stance on abortion. If you claim the broad based health of the mother exception (in Roe decision), you can "legally" abort a child when it is the birth canal. The reason there are so few has zero to do with whether it is legal to obtain and mostly to do with the fact that most women aren't sociopathic.

If you want to see how really barbaric the procedure is, read some of the Kermit Gosnell court transcripts. Feel free to draw any conclusions you might about the validity of the "news" media when they almost flat out refuse to cover this story because it would highlight the vileness of this process and it largely legally protected status.

Hillary Clinton – Late-Term-Abortion Supporter | National Review

Hillary Clinton & Partial-Birth Abortion: Defending the Indefensible | National Review

I agree with you that food labeling should be a easy decision. Tougher when you appoint a Monsanto VP as your food safety czar. You actually can't make this shit up.

You're Appointing Who? Please Obama, Say It's Not So! | The Huffington Post

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkzjDolokI

New bill that he just signed (8 years later), allows the labels to be QR code? Who the heck walks around with their phone and talk about discrimination against the poor. Double standards much Mr. President?

Instead, companies will be allowed to either say that in plain words on the package, or provide a QR code, 1-800 number, or website for consumers to visit for more information.

Obama Signs Controversial GMO Food Label Law - NBC News

The reply to my post.....

NR is an extreme paper looking for all editors of an extreme right side and same ideology and strong ties to church matters.

At least with the NYT and WP the editors are not from one side or affiliation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Too40gawlf View Post
You mean like the time she got the rapist of a 12 year old girl off the hook?

Arkansas rape victim comes forward after 40 years to call Hillary Clinton a ‘liar’ | Daily Mail Online

I tried to stay out of this thread, but the rank stupidity keeps pulling me back in. For someone to have the gall to claim to be an advocate of children with the history this sleazebag has makes me sick to my stomach.

Fuck this cow with the syphilitic prick of a diseased camel.


The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#295)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,968
Join Date: October 1, 2002
November 18, 2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
lol

the "Protest" are multi racial and more Caucasians than blacks...There are just about equal white and spanish people protesting and blacks make up the smaller of the groups protesting...

and there was only 1 Riot and the protest turned into a riot when someone threw something....

I can say so much more other than you guys must be watching with filters on.
I won't argue the first point as you are correct. I see more whites than any other race in total, but probably not the same relative percentage according to national race statistics. Either way, who gives a sh*t. Idiocy is colorblind.

1....? You claim there is one and somehow "we" have the filters on?

Anti-Trump Protest Turns Violent As Demonstrations Surge Nationwide « CBS New York

Anti-Trump protests turn violent in Oakland, while Cher and Madonna attend NYC march | Daily Mail Online

So Los Angeles + Oakland + Portland + New York = 1

Same math that allowed you to deduct that Hillary was accomplished?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
The reply to my post.....

NR is an extreme paper looking for all editors of an extreme right side and same ideology and strong ties to church matters.

At least with the NYT and WP the editors are not from one side or affiliation.
I guess you missed the nuance in Too40's words. He did not directly accuse you of being stupid...i.e. personally...but did imply your remarks and analysis were crap. Whatever. I tend to want to overwhelm folks with facts and reasons instead of throw insults.

You have yet to address the idea that Hillary is a "fan" of children or women. I am waiting for the accomplishments? How about just one...?

The NYT and WP editors aren't from one side...? Wow! This is rich.

NYT

James Bennet - Registered Democrat

No lean here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.8bc7a64b4d3f

Howard Hiatt (WP) gave nearly $62,000 in political contributions in 2012. Find me a dollar given to Republicans. Just $1. That would at least make the point that he has a "right side" to go with his left.

Howard Hiatt - $61,400 in Political Contributions for 2012
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#296)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов
 
vonstallin's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,824
Join Date: November 2, 2006
Location: Wash DC: (2 min from Adams Morgan)
November 18, 2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
I won't argue the first point as you are correct. I see more whites than any other race in total, but probably not the same relative percentage according to national race statistics. Either way, who gives a sh*t. Idiocy is colorblind.

1....? You claim there is one and somehow "we" have the filters on?

Anti-Trump Protest Turns Violent As Demonstrations Surge Nationwide « CBS New York

Anti-Trump protests turn violent in Oakland, while Cher and Madonna attend NYC march | Daily Mail Online

So Los Angeles + Oakland + Portland + New York = 1

Same math that allowed you to deduct that Hillary was accomplished?



I guess you missed the nuance in Too40's words. He did not directly accuse you of being stupid...i.e. personally...but did imply your remarks and analysis were crap. Whatever. I tend to want to overwhelm folks with facts and reasons instead of throw insults.

You have yet to address the idea that Hillary is a "fan" of children or women. I am waiting for the accomplishments? How about just one...?

The NYT and WP editors aren't from one side...? Wow! This is rich.

NYT

James Bennet - Registered Democrat

No lean here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.8bc7a64b4d3f

Howard Hiatt (WP) gave nearly $62,000 in political contributions in 2012. Find me a dollar given to Republicans. Just $1. That would at least make the point that he has a "right side" to go with his left.

Howard Hiatt - $61,400 in Political Contributions for 2012

Hey...

You guys win....100%

nothing I say or anyone who do not agree with you will ...change shit.

This is not even a discussion. Its actually comical.

The dissection of words in here....appalling. Across the nation there is more whites protesting and other races...than blacks. but hey...that point is dead now...

I get quoted and my comment is replied to as stupidity...
Oh he is not saying you are stupid...your comment...oh..well..not really your comment is stupid...the whole angle that you are replying to is stupid...
lol come on man. How can you not call that an insult ? jezuz fucking christ.

Filters,
I said i can say so much more, but you guys must be looking with filters...
I actually did not say....what i could have said...

Anyway,
You guys won it all...
lol

#DDisProud


The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#297)
AMA Superbike Champ
 
Too40gawlf's Avatar
 
Posts: 837
Join Date: September 29, 2010
November 18, 2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post

I get quoted and my comment is replied to as stupidity...
Oh he is not saying you are stupid...your comment...oh..well..not really your comment is stupid...the whole angle that you are replying to is stupid...
lol come on man. How can you not call that an insult ? jezuz fucking christ.
OK, so for the sake of argument, what is the more fitting term for a bunch of leftists getting together to fellate a person who took glee in getting the sentence of a known, admitted, and convicted child rapist reduced? Not only sucking hillary's cock, but hoisting her up as a defender of children?

What would you call it?

Sheer hypocrisy?
Moral depravity?
Vile irony?

or

Modern day democrat values?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#298)
Derpentine Dealer
 
OrangeShirtDude's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,464
Join Date: April 6, 2007
Location: "Going Bonkers"
November 18, 2016, 07:46 PM

Von, I know for certain you are not stupid. I know you have your reasons for your position, and I respect that. I was just hoping this could be a celebratory thread for those who were on the side to celebrate! And by "side," I mean "against Clinton." I have never been "for Trump." I hope he proves me wrong, but I expect a tough four years. Even so,...



How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#299)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,968
Join Date: October 1, 2002
November 18, 2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Hey...

You guys win....100%

nothing I say or anyone who do not agree with you will ...change shit.

This is not even a discussion. Its actually comical.

The dissection of words in here....appalling. Across the nation there is more whites protesting and other races...than blacks. but hey...that point is dead now...

I get quoted and my comment is replied to as stupidity...
Oh he is not saying you are stupid...your comment...oh..well..not really your comment is stupid...the whole angle that you are replying to is stupid...
lol come on man. How can you not call that an insult ? jezuz fucking christ.

Filters,
I said i can say so much more, but you guys must be looking with filters...
I actually did not say....what i could have said...

Anyway,
You guys won it all...
lol

#DDisProud
So now we are saying it's racist to point out the fallacy in your position(s).

Playing right to the liberal debate handbook Von.

See minute 3:30. https://youtu.be/l9npUXVx2pg

If you want to cite a singular example of your claim about Hillary, demonstrate any evidence to prove the non bias nature of the WP or NYT, or post up any facts or non ad hominem attacks...I'll be happy to take up this discussion again.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#300)
TNT
GP Champ
 
Posts: 1,668
Join Date: August 21, 2011
Location: Annapolis, MD
November 18, 2016, 10:24 PM

Everyone sees the world through filters. Not a single darn one of us is completely objective. That's why facts, logic, and considerate discourse is absolutely necessary to achieving any sort of understanding between disagreeing groups.

I know I don't know all the facts, perspectives, and intentions involved. But I will say that I suspect the truth, whatever it is, is likely somewhere in the middle. I saw a bit of CNN today while waiting in line for lunch and was dumbfounded at the commentary about how every cabinet selection "might be racist." It's like these guys are just looking for excuses to invalidate peoples' views with this one label. Then we get a bunch of people trying to label every protester as an unemployed leech hell bent on burning the country to the ground. Give me a break. How is anyone buying into any of this?

Remember, right and wrong depend on what is spoken, not who its coming from.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.