DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 183
3 members and 180 guests
MrDan, RRonin, vonstallin
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
boxing twins

April 13, 2004, 11:01 AM

Yesterday at about 5pm on highway 17 a few miles north of I95, a southbound minivan crossed over the median into northbound traffic a few cars in front of me, spun 180' backing into a guardrail and cross back, stopping in the median.

When the minivan stopped in the median (facing northbound), the lady driver was half in the passenger seat, half in the center console! She was ejected from her seat, probably when she crossed the median the first time.

As you'd expect, I stopped with a Carrier technician (I think the name Eric was on his jacket, but he froze at the sight of blood). The lady had a 4" head laceration from bouncing off the passenger side door, but was otherwise unhurt. Her diabetes, and blood thinners weren't helping matters much.

Abby got 911 on the horn and EMTs arrived in about 4 minutes, and whisked her and her award winning show dog away.

She would have been unhurt had she been wearing her seatbelt. It's entirely possible she would have retained control of the vehicle when it first crossed the median.

-- Chris
BMW R1100s
(previous rides: '82 KTM250, '95 CBR600F3, '98 Buell S3T, 2000 Hayabusa, 2008 R1200R)

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hayabusafiend  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

April 13, 2004, 11:18 AM

holy crap.

you and abby are really good people for stopping - not everyone would have. glad to hear that her injuries weren't worse than what they were.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Mr. Glass

April 13, 2004, 11:32 AM

damn! thats crazy... that would be an insane thing to see.. glad she is okay.. man i should wear my belt shouldnt I

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman