DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 532
1 members and 531 guests
TTViper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Went in to work just to get fired! FML
Unread
  (#1)
superdupernunu

Went in to work just to get fired! FML - May 30, 2009, 06:19 PM

Soo I'm a bartender...scratch that. I WAS a bartender at Ceviche in Silver Spring (sister restaurant/lounge of Chi-Cha, Guarapos, Yaku, Mate, Kitchen, Gin and Tonic). I went in for my evening shift today at 5pm with my Potbelly's Strawberry/Apple shake in hand ready to start another night where I would make no money! My manager is standing up front talking to the hostesses and immediately pulls me into his office, along with the other 2 assistant managers, and closes the door.
He starts of by saying that there are a lot of things that he gives people second chances for but this is not one of them...at this point i know my fate already but I listen in perplexion anyways.
Aparrently a guest told him that they overheard a server and I talking yesterday at work about how much Ceviche sucks and shitty it is and what not else...I didnt recall this convo but I said that I wasnt going to deny that I said anything bad about the place because I have before...though not yesterday. He said that this was unnaceptable and he took this personally because this was something where his heart was, he started out at Ceviche as a server and now years later came back to become the GM there. Ill give it to him that he is definately trying to revive the place.
I didnt realize that talking about future job searches (not in the service industry mind you) was grounds for dismissal based on the fact that some customer said we were putting the place down.
Oh well, i needed to leave that place anyway...not making any money there anyways.
So if anyone knows of a place that is hiring where I can make some money bartending let me know. Or if anyone has any other job openings they know of let me know as well, I can send you my resume upon request.

END RESULT: I went home and signed up for my 1st trackday...7/6 Summit Main, and the Yamaha Experience on Aug. 3rd at Summit Main as well...gonna test ride the new models! Anyone else going to either of these days? I still need a ride and a trailer spot for my bike.

let's f*cking rage!
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
ZX6R

May 30, 2009, 06:31 PM

sorry to hear that

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime.

2014 ZX14R
2006 ZX636

www.MohawkRyderz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ShroomDuck Send a message via MSN to ShroomDuck  
Unread
  (#3)
Spike

May 30, 2009, 09:22 PM

Damn Sasha, that really does suck! I have learned not to say anything at all about work whether on the clock or not. People tend to skew things for you and it causes nothing but trouble. People are the suck and so is not having a job.
I don't know a thing about MD so I am of no help other than to say I am really sorry to hear this.
I always am worried I will lose my job too but it will affect me more than just my income. I live where I work and I could lose my place to live as well and since I have NO other place to go, I'd be screwed!!!
I am actually layin in bed in FL right now worrying about it b/c I have not heard a word from my office. That is not normal. I didn't do anything to get fired for but I have had really bad experiences and I'm paranoid!

Good luck on the job search (craigslist is beast) and I really hope you find something soon that you are happy at and make money.

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#4)
TPG - screw face

June 8, 2009, 12:49 PM

damn man..sorry to hear.

TGIF - man I made stupid money there..even on a slow night. I couldn't get to the bank fast enough to deposit the cash...so I shredded a bunch of checks and i kept it in $100 paper clip bundles in a bunch of check book boxes in my room.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
TPG og

June 8, 2009, 01:06 PM

Sasha, recommend if you don't mind serving at Bonefish Grill. My buddy consistently pulled 100, 150+ a night working there. Dunno where there's one in SS but the one in Kentlands is money, its a very affluent area (kentlands/quince orchard).

Oh and your boss is a Dbag, its not like whether you thought Cerviches sucked affected your job at all? Your boss sounds like a 16 year old girl trapped in a guys body.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#6)
Noob sauce

June 8, 2009, 01:20 PM

damn man, that sucks. this is why i hate the food industry. boss/managers that work there are butt holes.
i have quit many of those kinds of jobs simply because the managers pissed me off to much. i even bitched one out in the middle of the resturant. long story behind that, but made me feel so good. he felt so stupid and everyone pretty much stopped eating and was looking at him.

he really deserved it though.

good luck on the job search man! if i hear anything i will let you know
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to chumchum  
Unread
  (#7)
T.R.I.T.D.H

June 8, 2009, 02:08 PM

Sounds like the GM did you a favor....Often people are miserable with a place in life-job, relationships, etc. and just can't walk away on their own strength. They need someone else to do it for them.

Honestly if you felt the job was that shitty, you probably were so used to downtalking it that you don't remember when, where, and what you said b/c it was so common place for you to do so.

It's one thing to downtalk a shit place for conditions that are present and unstable but it's another to do so just b/c that's you personality (a complainer) or you're truly not happy with your situation.

Good luck with the job hunt, and I hope you finds a gig that you enjoy.

Life is Short...Life is Long. Live it fast but pace yourself!

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
  Send a message via AIM to