DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 370
2 members and 368 guests
2blueyam, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Westboro Baptist Church Gets Their Come-Uppin's
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Westboro Baptist Church Gets Their Come-Uppin's - April 26, 2011, 09:17 AM

Mississippi Town Destroys Westboro Baptist Plans

April 21, 2011 By Joni 551 Comments

The Westboro Baptist Church once again makes the headlines. This time however, the good news is that they were foiled in their attempts to disrupt another serviceman’s funeral. Mississippi gives the Westboro the kind of welcome that we would all like to give.
Since we have reported on the Westboro Baptist Church a few times here, it is fitting that we update you on the latest.
Last Saturday, USMC Staff Sgt. Jason Rogers was laid to rest in Brandon, Mississippi. He was killed in action in Afghanistan on April 7th. Many of the town’s residents paid homage along the route of the fallen hero as his body was transported home.

Most notably absent were the Westboro protestors who planned a large demonstration at Sgt. Rogers’ funeral. According to an Ole Miss message board, a tidbit of info………..
“A couple of days before, one of them (Westboro protestors) ran his mouth at a Brandon gas station and got his arse waxed. Police were called and the beaten man could not give much of a description of who beat him. When they canvassed the station and spoke to the large crowd that had gathered around, no one seemed to remember anything about what had happened.

Rankin County handled this thing perfectly. There were many things that were put into place that most will never know about and at great expense to the county.

Most of the morons never made it out of their hotel parking lot. It seems that certain Rankin county pickup trucks were parked directly behind any car that had Kansas plates in the hotel parking lot and the drivers mysteriously disappeared until after the funeral was over. Police were called but their wrecker service was running behind and it was going to be a few hours before they could tow the trucks so the Kansas plated cars could get out.

A few made it to the funeral but were ushered away to be questioned about a crime they might have possibly been involved in. Turns out, after a few hours of questioning, that they were not involved and they were allowed to go on about their business.”

It might be legal for the protestors to be there, but it isn’t right.

Thankfully, the citizens of Brandon agreed and arranged for these slight incidents to keep the unwanted pests away.

The Westboro mob never made it to the funeral and Sgt. Rogers was laid to rest without incident.

Fred Phelps, who is the leader of Westboro mob, is a disbarred lawyer and Democratic activist. Other members of his family hold law degrees. They use our court system often and have sued and won countless times all with financial gain to themselves, helping to fund their sickening activities. Undoubtedly, Phelps will plan a lawsuit against someone in Mississippi because his grand plans were thwarted. Mississippi folks says let him. There isn’t a jury in the whole state that will see things his way.

While I understand the Supreme Court ruling allowing Phelps and his gang to demonstrate, I sure appreciate the fact that citizens take it upon themselves to do the right thing. If it takes the community to gather around the bereaved to keep these thugs away, then so be it. I hope every town learns from the example set by people of Brandon, Mississippi.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Say Jur Oh

April 26, 2011, 09:25 AM

Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'm not saying this site has a bunch of gay dudes on it but a few of you definitely lack a bumpstop on the sexuality gate.
Quote:
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!

Greg "BamBam" Walker
September 11th 2009
You are missed
Godspeed
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Seijirou  
Unread
  (#3)
Give me the Ban Button!

April 26, 2011, 09:27 AM

Big

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#4)
The last urrbendah

April 26, 2011, 09:27 AM

I've been dreading seeing this posted here. Might as well just get myself ready to be mad bro.

A bit of correction for this story. The trucks that were parked behind WBC cars at the hotel weren't County owned, they were privately owned vehicles with Rankin plates.

I've got a picture of mom holding up a sign that says "ATTN WBC. Welcome to the Hospitality State. Now get the F out!". No I'm not going to post it because I don't want my mom photoshopped to hell.

This is also a testament to the power of social media, particularly FB. While Pinelake Church (where the funeral was held) is massive with some 5k members, the mobilization was massive. There were at least 4 FB events up within hours of the WBC announcement.

PG Riders from as far away a NJ showed up to this thing. The final count was something like 600 bikes. We had an awesome turnout when I rode with them for a funeral in Madison, MS back in 06, but nothing like this.

There's an awesome video shot from the dashboard of a troopers car that shows the crowds. People standing shoulder to shoulder down the entire length of Hwy 80. It cuts off with another 7 miles of almost the same thing. The only place not lined was the interstate.

I've always been proud of where I'm from, but this takes it to a new level.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.

Last edited by Stillie; April 26, 2011 at 09:31 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
unapologetic

April 26, 2011, 09:30 AM

+1 for the Mob Going Wild.

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid
Unread
  (#6)
Give me the Ban Button!

April 26, 2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:

I've got a picture of mom holding up a sign that says "ATTN WBC. Welcome to the Hospitality State. Now get the F out!". No I'm not going to post it because I don't want my mom photoshopped to hell.

Apple and Tree come to mind after reading this.

I think you should post the pic. Ill make it my avatar just cause its fucking funny as hell!

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#7)
Brainwash Your Face!

April 26, 2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
I've been dreading seeing this posted here. Might as well just get myself ready to be mad bro.

A bit of correction for this story. The trucks that were parked behind WBC cars at the hotel weren't County owned, they were privately owned vehicles with Rankin plates.

This is also a testament to the power of social media, particularly FB. While Pinelake Church (where the funeral was held) is massive with some 5k members, the mobilization was massive. There were at least 4 FB events up within hours of the WBC announcement.

PG Riders from as far away a NJ showed up to this thing. The final count was something like 600 bikes. We had an awesome turnout when I rode with them for a funeral in Madison, MS back in 06, but nothing like this.

There's an awesome video shot from the dashboard of a troopers car that shows the crowds. People standing shoulder to shoulder down the entire length of Hwy 80. It cuts off with another 7 miles of almost the same thing. The only place not lined was the interstate.

I've always been proud of where I'm from, but this takes it to a new level.

So much win and awesome in this.

RIP Staff Sgt. Rogers

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#8)
someone adopt a newb

April 26, 2011, 09:36 AM

Good for them. You have the right to "protest"....I have the right to block your ass with a lifted truck.

Originally Posted by vonstallin
That shit is like wearing a condom your whole life while living in DC, but going to brazil and going bare back with all the chicks because they look better.

derilict:
So next time you feel the need to prove to the world that you should have been euthanized as a child, do it in someone else's thread.

"No such thing as to pretty to ride. The prettier they are the harder you should ride them. This is also true when it comes to woman." Nubbs

Thank you,

Management

2006 SV650: RIP
1982 Yamaha XJ650: Went old school, but moving on
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to flynmnky  
Unread
  (#9)
Your Ad Here

April 26, 2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:

I think you interpreted the passage wrong. It didn't say they were Rankin County owned vehicles, just that they were Rankin County vehicles.

If I remember correctly, a lot of the Southern States give you stickers which say what county the vehicle is registered in that you have to affix to your license plate.

I don't know why they do this in the South though?

As for Mom, just photoshop out her body and face. Problem solved.
Free online cloud photoshop: Photo editor online / free image editing direct in your browser - Pixlr.com

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#10)
The last urrbendah

April 26, 2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbs View Post
Apple and Tree come to mind after reading this.

I think you should post the pic. Ill make it my avatar just cause its fucking funny as hell!
I'll think about it. I might just PM you the link. I don't need "FITZ EATS FREE" photoshopped on her sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
I think you interpreted the passage wrong. It didn't say they were Rankin County owned vehicles, just that they were Rankin County vehicles.
I didn't, lots of others did. You are correct, the county of origin is stamped on the plate in MS.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

Unread
  (#11)
Give me the Ban Button!

April 26, 2011, 10:08 AM

Who let her out of the kitchen in the first place to go to the protest?

Unread
  (#12)
The last urrbendah

April 26, 2011, 10:09 AM

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

April 26, 2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbs View Post
Who let her out of the kitchen in the first place to go to the protest?

Unread
  (#14)
Eddie would go ...

April 26, 2011, 10:35 AM

:golfclap: for Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#15)
Full spin ahead.

April 26, 2011, 10:51 AM

Good to see some good ole boys doing some good.

I always cringe when I see that group in the news, though.. my internal monologue goes something like "STOP GIVING THESE CLOWNS MORE ATTENTION". Of course, that applies for most popular news stories, like the royal wedding, any Kardashians, etc..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to scarab