DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 569
2 members and 567 guests
2blueyam, beatle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
What the...
Unread
  (#1)
Meh

What the... - October 12, 2013, 11:30 AM

Adrian Peterson son dies after alleged beating by mom's boyfriend Joseph Patterson; Minnesota Vikings RB returns to practice | abc7chicago.com

People are f'ed up.

I hope this guy (if guilty) gets the biggest and most dominantly homosexual and non-consensual cell mate.

Questions:
  1. Who beats a 2 year old???
  2. Why is Peterson going to play this weekend if this is the case?
  3. Why is a multi-million dollar start athlete having his son raised by some woman who leaves their child at an apartment with a convicted domestic abuser?
  4. What the flip is wrong with women to leave your child with this dude?
So many bad decisions and the only innocent in the whole thing is the one that is dead.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Eddie would go ...

October 12, 2013, 12:13 PM

Sad situation

I wouldn't rush to judge Peterson too quickly though

He only recently found out the son was his. It is likely he was not yet aware of the circumstances the mother had exposed his son to. These stars are constantly being assaulted with paternity claims by hoochies after their money.

The bad choices that led to his death were made by the Mom in dating a guy who had priors for abuse. (The suspect was given suspended sentences a year ago for simple domestic assault and violation of a domestic abuse bond)

As to him playing, who is to say he won't be playing in his son's honor? At times like these you need support from your family and friends. Some of his best friends are teammates. I have no problem with that

The creep that beat him deserves everything they can throw at him and more. Let's focus on making sure he gets justice served as opposed to judging Peterson without all the facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.

Last edited by Dutch; October 12, 2013 at 12:16 PM..
Unread
  (#3)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

October 12, 2013, 12:15 PM

Not only did AP just recently find out the kid was his. The first time he met the kid was Thursday in the hospital.

I can't imagine what's going on in his head.

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nard Dog
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

Discord - camelhumps#7702
Unread
  (#4)
Meh

October 12, 2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Sad situation

I wouldn't rush to judge Peterson too quickly though

He only recently found out the son was his. It is likely he was not yet aware of the circumstances the mother had exposed his son to. These stars are constantly being assaulted with paternity claims by hoochies after their money.

The bad choices that led to his death were made by the Mom in dating a guy who had priors for abuse. (The suspect was given suspended sentences a year ago for simple domestic assault and violation of a domestic abuse bond)

As to him playing, who is to say he won't be playing in his son's honor? At times like these you need support from your family and friends. Some of his best friends are teammates. I have no problem with that

The creep that beat him deserves everything they can throw at him and more. Let's focus on making sure he gets justice served as opposed to judging Peterson without all the facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelhumps View Post
Not only did AP just recently find out the kid was his. The first time he met the kid was Thursday in the hospital.

I can't imagine what's going on in his head.
I was unaware of the circumstances regarding him just learning of the child's existence. There was no mention of that in the articles that I read.

That does change things considerably. Can't say that I blame him for playing or his response.

Hopefully he will be a bit more responsible in terms of not getting some hooch pregnant.

I hope that they lock up the "mother" as an accessory to the murder.
Unread
  (#5)
Cager

October 12, 2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
Why not?

Like one said above, he probably is going to play in honor of his son. I sure as hell would play my ass off if someone close to me died recently. One of the best ways to grieve IMO.

-J. Beaver
--bike-less for now
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here

October 12, 2013, 12:28 PM

I get a feeling the scenario played out as such: Mother lead the Boyfriend to believe the son was his. Boyfriend finds out its not and pops a brain circuit, and takes his fury out on the child in retribution.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Eddie would go ...

October 12, 2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
I hope that they lock up the "mother" as an accessory to the murder.
agreed

Quote:
Unread
  (#8)
Eddie would go ...

October 12, 2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
I get a feeling the scenario played out as such: Mother lead the Boyfriend to believe the son was his. Boyfriend finds out its not and pops a brain circuit, and takes his fury out on the child in retribution.
Boyfriend had "popped a brain circuit" many times before - who knows what the mother told him or when he came into the picture.

There are no excuses for beating a child to death (not saying you were making excuses but there are no mitigating circumstances if you ask me)

Quote:
Unread
  (#9)
Your Ad Here

October 12, 2013, 02:28 PM

rest of the pics are here:

Court documents reveal the 27-year-old has been arrested multiple times on various charges. He was arrested in 2004 for violating a protection order that a woman had requested against him, but that was later dropped by the prosecutor. A 2012 arrest for aggravated assault involving an ex-girlfriend and her three-year-old son where the woman requested a protection order saying that Patterson had spanked her little boy so hard that she had to ice the welts on his buttocks, according to the Argus - she also said that he choked and punched her, threatened her with a knife and held her in the bedroom against her will, according to records, but that was also dismissed by a prosecutor.

But, as part of prior charges, Patterson was ordered to undergo family violence training and to stay away from the woman until completing it.
Patterson has served time in jail for eluding officers in 2010. He was also sentenced to five days in jail after pleading guilty to simple assault last year. Patterson’s most recent arrest prior to this week was for violating the conditions of his bond. He again pleaded guilty and had all 360 days of his jail sentence suspended.

Patterson, a coffee salesman, who has a young child, named Porter, of his own, is currently being held in Minnehaha County Jail, South Dakota on $750,000 cash bond. He is scheduled to appear in court on October 23 but a grand jury indictment is expected before then.

Despite initial reports, the child killed was not Adrian Peterson Jr., the child that is often pictured with the Minnesota Viking. The 2-year-old that was tragically killed is from a previous relationship, and Adrian only learned he was the father recently, meeting him for the first time just this Thursday while the boy was on life support.
TMZ reports:
The mother of the child had a paternity test done with an ex she suspected to be the father, in an effort to collect child support from him. But the test turned up negative, so the woman went to Adrian … with whom she had a sexual encounter several years ago.
We’re told … when Adrian was first informed about the matter, he didn’t question the possibility he was the dad — but rather asked how he could help the situation.
Making matters even sadder, Adrian was reportedly planning a trip to South Dakota to meet the child for the first time and he was supposed to fly out later this month. When he heard the news about the attack on the 2-year-old, Peterson dropped everything and jetted over to Sioux Falls as soon as he could.
TMZ also reports Adrian has been very involved since the tragedy and was the one pushing to have the child’s organs donated to other people in need of a transplant.
As for Joey Patterson, Adrian has never met him.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Last edited by Heist; October 12, 2013 at 02:31 PM..
Unread
  (#10)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

October 12, 2013, 03:04 PM

So we still don't know if the child was even his? His "had an encounter" with her. But she originally thought the father was somebody else? In other words....who knows.

At this point it's a domestic abuse situation that only peripherally involved the football player. Sounds like he was a stand up guy so far. But again, who really knows?

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#11)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

October 12, 2013, 04:43 PM

There is nothing more despicable and vile than harming a child.

I hope the fuckface responsible suffers immensely at someone else's hand

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#12)
Your Ad Here

October 12, 2013, 05:38 PM

Mother .... of .... the ... Year.

Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

October 12, 2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg View Post
So we still don't know if the child was even his? His "had an encounter" with her. But she originally thought the father was somebody else? In other words....who knows.
It was. DNA confirmed but he was only recently made aware.

Unread
  (#14)
Eddie would go ...

October 12, 2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Mother .... of .... the ... Year.

Wants her 15.....smdh

Leave your child with a known abuser and then cry to us all about how much he meant to you...f that shit

Quote:
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

October 12, 2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Wants her 15.....smdh

Leave your child with a known abuser and then cry to us all about how much he meant to you...f that shit
Yeah she can rot in hell with that piece of shit boyfriend of hers. Hopefully he wil get his from a prison guard since I doubt he will make it to gen. pop. Although Dahmer got his and was in solitary so there is hope!