DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 518
6 members and 512 guests
GRN96WS6, HotRod1200, nootherids, Sal_the_man, Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
What a blow out!
Unread
  (#1)
Face Down @$$ UP

Thumbs up What a blow out! - November 6, 2007, 05:34 AM

38-7 Go Steelers..
Throw-back uniforms and all. All the greats showed up for the ass kicking.
"The Best Superbowl franchise in the history of the NFL."

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#2)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

November 6, 2007, 06:53 AM

How about them !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did the Ravens forget about the game? Brad What happened? What an ass kicking!

BTW I heard about this asskicking halfway around the world!!!!!!!!!!!!SUKAS

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!

Last edited by dodge131; November 6, 2007 at 07:02 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

November 6, 2007, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8
... and its not one game, its two... but you know, I don't think the Steelers have ever given the Ravens quite the arse whoopin' the Ravens gave the Steelers last year... and TWICE (and no, I'm not talking about the score - I'm talking about ass whoopin' ). Of course we're holding on to them, they are the last two times we played you.

Total score of both games: 58 - 7.

The Ravens have a pretty damn good record coming off a bye week - so it could be a good game in Pittsburgh this weekend.
AND

Quote:
Wait, how long did the Steelers have to wait for their last championship?

Mike, if you were in town, we'd HAVE to watch the game together. It'd be a riot.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#4)
Face Down @$$ UP

November 6, 2007, 07:12 AM

The 2 beatings that Ravens gave the Steelers last year... Big Ben was no where near 100% for either game. Not to mention losing key players within the last 2 previous years. Breaking up a SuperBowl Championship team, wasnt such a smart thing to do. But hey, look @ it this way.... We won our SuperBowl with both a rookie QB, and the youngest in the NFL to do so. Just might happen with a rookie Coach...
Stranger things have happened in the home of smash-mouth football.
In some strange way, I would love to see the Deadskins & Steelers in post-season play..
But that would be even more of an upset than last night, and their previous loss.

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#5)
Officially Addicted to Posting

November 6, 2007, 07:37 AM

Remind me again who "The Best Superbowl franchise in the history of the NFL" have lost to so far this year?

Last edited by rddy; November 6, 2007 at 08:04 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#6)
The last urrbendah

November 6, 2007, 07:50 AM

Well at least you aren't pulling for the Saints, who are on a roll with their last 4 games. The coach had to put a security guard around the trailer carrying the musicians to keep folks from jumping back on the bandwagon.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#7)
Road Kill

November 6, 2007, 07:54 AM

My question is... why did they only score three points in the second half? did the steelers forget there are two halfs to football? they are lucky the ravens suck so bad they couldnt come back after half time. the first half was great, the second half was shameful... dont get excited when your team only plays one half of football.

1999 Yamaha R6... from the track, back to the street
www.mmsports.org
SJS Customs

YaoMatt:Here's a free bit of advice: Put down the fucking ho-ho!!! And I don't mean your daughter.

Bexxx: yeah my ass was a wee bit sore after that
BabyBusa04: MY ASS IS SORE AS HELL
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JMURACN  
Unread
  (#8)
singin sweet home alabama

November 6, 2007, 07:56 AM

Had little to do with the Steelers - the Ravens would have lost this game to miami. 3 dumb turnovers spot you 21 points with poor cornerback play. The Ravens defense is predicated on strong play from the cornerback position, and both Rolle and McAlister were out. Pittman got a concussion early in the game, so the Steelers were facing the Ravens 3rd, 5th, and 6th cornerbacks in the nickel and a safety in dime. Reed was also recovering from a concussion received early in the game. I honestly had it chalked up as a loss as soon as I heard about Rolle and McAlister. The DL and LBs played very well, but the CBs were just getting raped.

I guess it happens to every team now and then, but the Ravens have the injury bug this year and at positions where the depth is pathetic - OL, DE, CB. This is the first game this particular iteration of the offensive line got to play together. Ogden and Terry are just coming back, and everyone else is being shuffled around. Ogden was taken back out of the game in the second half.

The Ravens probably would have lost anyways given the absolutely attrocious nature of the offense this season, but it wouldn't have been a blowout. I was pleased to see the defense step up in the second half - particularly the young CBs - even as the pass rush started to slow down.

McNair is past his expiration date and is beginning to smell.

Roethlisburger is the player of the game. There were a couple times I thought Scott was going to tattoo him again, but he slipped away and took advantage of the Ravens secondary weakness. A healthy Rolle & McAlister play and I think Ben woulda spent more time on his back. Scary moment for you guys there with Ben lying in pain on the field - for a second I thought the Ravens might have taken out another Steelers quarterback.

Hopefully we're healthy for round two.

btw - last years blow out wasn't just Ben's problem. The Ravens game plan was to target palamalou in coverage - and they raped him. TP is a great player overall, but IMO, his coverage skills are overrated. The late december game - I think the Steelers had pretty much quit. Hopefully the same won't be said for the Ravens this season.

Def. a good payback game for you guys though.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."

Last edited by DvlsAdvc8; November 6, 2007 at 08:10 AM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#9)
Posting Nothing Relevant

November 6, 2007, 08:58 AM

no need to comment here... game spoke for itself... i mean shit, our little man Hines Ward put a MAJOR hurting on your big name defensive player Ed Reed... video here http://ballhype.com/story/hines_ward_lays_out_ed_reed/

and Emmit Smith had it right last night, the Ravens coach has been relying on their defense entirely to much and has let the offense fall apart.

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#10)

November 6, 2007, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eck226
no need to comment here... game spoke for itself... i mean shit, our little man Hines Ward put a MAJOR hurting on your big name defensive player Ed Reed... video here http://ballhype.com/story/hines_ward_lays_out_ed_reed/

and Emmit Smith had it right last night, the Ravens coach has been relying on their defense entirely to much and has let the offense fall apart.
Absolutely agree. The Ravens D has been good enough to win games on its own for so long, Billick just became a chickensh*t conservative gameplanner. This year, the offense is probably the worst I've ever seen (which as a Ravens fan is saying something) - and the defense can only do so much - especially when you're trotting out backup corners, and your best pass rusher is playing what amounts to his first game of the season coming off an injury. I mean, McNair just set the NFL all time record for fewest yards passing on 13+ attempts or something. His longest pass was for 9 yards. I'd rather watch Boller go out there and take shots and miss rather than play checkdown all night.

That was a good hit Ward put on Reed; usually its Reed who is laying people out. Ward has always been the Steeler that Ravens fans would most like to see playing for the Ravens.

Still, I would have liked to see the game with Rolle and McAlister in.

Who knows, maybe this is our year to get decent draft position and go for a QB in the first round. From what I've seen, this year should be a good year for QBs. I takes a lot for me to turn sour on a coach, but I think it might be Billick's time to go too.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."

Last edited by DvlsAdvc8; November 6, 2007 at 09:24 AM..
Unread
  (#11)
Typical Stripper

November 6, 2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eck226
no need to comment here... game spoke for itself... i mean shit, our little man Hines Ward put a MAJOR hurting on your big name defensive player Ed Reed.
That was AWESOME!!!! Pay attention Ed

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
Site Owner

November 6, 2007, 09:48 AM

I wish they played college football on Sunday too.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#13)
Serial Killer

November 6, 2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WvGoDFather
We won our SuperBowl with both a rookie QB, and the youngest in the NFL to do so. Just might happen with a rookie Coach...
Dont forget the help the Ref's gave the Steelers in their Super Bowl "win"

I'm a lead farmer, motherfucker!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy Send a message via AIM to Diggy  
Unread
  (#14)

November 6, 2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper
I wish they played college football on Sunday too.
Why? The Ravens offense may as well have been a college offense playing a good NFL defense out there last night.

Unread
  (#15)
Typical Stripper

November 6, 2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Why? The Ravens offense may as well have been a college offense playing a good NFL defense out there last night.
Except for the fear to throw over 15 yards

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to