DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 561
1 members and 560 guests
GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

January 23, 2004, 10:09 PM

late 02.....03 was a pretty good time overall for DC.net. Just under a 1000 members, almost 70,000 posts, reduced price entry fees for motorcycle events, fund raisers, and TWTs with door prizes. Even a few pit days to help riders learn the ins and outs of their bikes. Before you say it, no, I didn't attend these events. I can recognize the significance for others to attend and feel it strenthens the site.

DC.net has a very strong winter, spring, and summer. Then is started to peter once the late fall hit. I wish I could say it's 100% weather forcast related but I see activity on other boards.

What are your thoughts? What needs to happen to ramp this place up? It's got a great interface and features galore.

If you drink and ride, I have no pity for you. At all, ever.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

January 24, 2004, 12:03 AM

I liked the idea of having a TWT event every week, was a really good idea, doesnt even really have to be on a Tuesday just a weekly get together during the warmer months. Changing the location helped those that couldnt be there every week. Once the weather warms up some im up for anything. Riding to these events were always fun.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#3)
Has an idiot exemption

January 24, 2004, 02:52 PM

I agree with Brooks. I'm surprised how much fun I had riding to some TWT events. It helped that some people came out to Winchester to ride in with me. Good times...
I also likes the Maint days. Hope we make them a regular thing.
The members here are awesome. It's nice that so many come out to the events.
One thing I'd like for next year is to learn Twiggy's secret handshake.
Then maybe he will come out to some of the events...

Steve

2011 Harley Electra Glide Limited
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Honda CRF150F
2004 Honda CRF150F Monster
2008 Honda CRF 450R
www.cornerspeed.net
Unread
  (#4)
Has an idiot exemption

January 24, 2004, 09:22 PM

I'd also be remiss if I didn't thank Rick, Flip, and Spud for all the hard work they put into this site.
Thanks guys!
I'd also like to thank all those who contribute to this site.
We seem to have weeded out the trolls.
If we don't have as much "activity" because of it that's fine by me.
We have a good, solid site with great members!

Steve

2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Honda CRF150F
2008 Honda CRF 450R
www.cornerspeed.net
Unread
  (#5)
Brainwash Your Face!

January 24, 2004, 09:55 PM

Def TWT's. I would personally like to try to a maintence day once a month during the warmer months. Fun and helpful espec for my new ass. Super Mandy and I have an idea that our beloved DarkR6 suggested and it will take a lot work but I think the site as well as other boards will enjoy it. Only time will tell.....

Again I am with Steve.....Thanks to the guys for site upkeep and a big to all the AWESOME people we have here! Ride, party, and saving the drama for daytime tv!

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#6)
Has an idiot exemption

January 24, 2004, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomchic00
Super Mandy and I have an idea that our beloved DarkR6 suggested and it will take a lot work but I think the site as well as other boards will enjoy it. Only time will tell.....
IC...I get you Nicky, teach you how to wheelie, and you wanna hold out on me/us...

Steve

2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Honda CRF150F
2008 Honda CRF 450R
www.cornerspeed.net
Unread
  (#7)
Site Admin

January 25, 2004, 02:59 AM

well now that we've re-organized things, got stuff back on track, its just a matter of time till we get more activity. Yes, i've seen more activity on some other boards, but hey, its all good. All boards have the same trend. UNfortunately we were hit with some troll issues, but thats been takin care of. We've got a great core of members, that has a lot of potential. As soon as it gets warm, we will have more activity again. As a site we will be having more events in the spring to kick off the season.

Whatever happens, all that matters is that we have fun in what we do, be safe, and keep a positive attitude. The rest will fall into place.
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

January 25, 2004, 08:51 AM

Great post Flip! I second that and will post my response shortely. Thanks for asking Twiggy6.

Ride your ride and be safe this season.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rixride  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

January 26, 2004, 11:01 AM

First thank you for your insight and review of 2003. but I would like to clearify some points.

1st our members: We currently have 1174 members on DCSBN, contrary to the message board members.

Our site stats for this month are as follows:
Month Number of visits Pages views Hits
Jan 2004 11,592 582,091 3,311,125

What you read on the message board, only pertain to the message board. There are almost 250+ members who have not even visited the message board. They read, news, articles, visit other sections of the site and normally come from our syndicated news:

We are now synidcated on at least 3 other sites that I know of possibly more:
http://gigabikes.com/portal/index.php
http://www.vabiker.net/html/more-biker-news.html
http://bikefreq.com/bikeforum/html/

-----As for upcoming events.

We are in the process of planning some really cool events this season.

I think the majority of our events last year went great, we did have a few event that were not as eventful as the rest. But we have learned what to do and what not to do. We find that when we are not organized and don't plan stuff well that our event is less eventful and more prone to having "Stale" time.

Personally I would not look forward to going to an event like that, much less be the author of it.

We have learned a lot over the past year and plan on putting our best practices forward. I am not saying we are perfect, but you gotta cut us some slack we all do this on our off time and its not like there is paid staff anywhere.

I don't want to give away our events yet, but you will be hearing about them soon. Some old traditions we will keep, and we will be starting some new ones.

But I appreciate feedback like this as it helps us define what we would like to do.

We also would love to hear any suggestions and comments on upcoming events.

Its not like we make money from these event, its purely just to get riders together to hang out.

Sincerely,
Rick Cruz
DCSportbikes.net

Ride your ride and be safe this season.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rixride