DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 554
0 members and 554 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
What a fun filled day!
Unread
  (#1)
One and Only

What a fun filled day! - October 15, 2008, 02:38 PM

So this morning I find out that my last day will be the 31st. This has always been the standard practice for like 20 years, but we were working on a way to stay open all year. No joy.

It's going be interesting to see how they handle all the catering contracts I've booked and already received deposits for. Hmmmm....

Oh yeah, I've already made it clear for months that if I wasn't allowed to work over the off-season, that I would not return for the next season.

So....new job time!

And THEN....so my staff has to write down the tips they make each day on their timecard when they clock out. We use that for IRS reporting, and for making wage minimums. (IE...we can pay you only $3.50/hr if you make tips that exceed what the standard minimum wage is. If that makes sense.)

So a couple of my kids worked an event last weekend. They split whatever was in the pot evenly. Emp#1 jots both of their $$ down on their time cards, lets Emp#2 know, and heads out.

So 2 days ago Emp#1 comes in and says that someone changed her stuff, showing that she made more than she really did. This REALLY screws her, and screws the organization too.

So I figured it was my GM or something. This morning I asked him and he didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

I text Emp#2 (picked him first, don't know why) the following: "Any reason you may have adjusted Emp#1s timecard?"

The following is what was received: "yes i did because she did it to me and since she wouldnt get in trouble even if i complained i decided to just get revenge."

Ok, um....wow. That was blunt.

So I contact her.

The timeline/story goes as follows:

-They get done and split the money.

-She does the helpful thing and jots his down.

-He says ok no problem.

-He's greedy little bitch (has been all year) and has a habit of writing down less than he really made. He makes standard min wage, so the club doesn't ever have to worry about paying him more. But the fewer dollars mean fewer taxes. Get it?

-So he gets pissed that she didn't conform to his shady little plan, and grabs her time card and fucks it all up.

-After repeated texts (they were both in class), I get to the bottom of it.

-She calls me in tears, afraid that she did something wrong. She didn't.

-I tell him that he should be less careless when blatantly attempting to cheat the IRS.

The funny part is that this kid is desperately trying to join semi-elite law enforcement departments. MSP, FBI, Air Marshalls, etc. He has refused to even drink beer in the last 6 months because he didn't want to get in any kind of trouble on his poly.

So in my back pocket now is: Well, kid. An open investigation into your cheating the IRS might screw your applications up a little, eh?

Ahhh...the joys of running shit.

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#2)
The last urrbendah

October 15, 2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
The funny part is that this kid is desperately trying to join semi-elite law enforcement departments. MSP, FBI, Air Marshalls, etc. He has refused to even drink beer in the last 6 months because he didn't want to get in any kind of trouble on his poly.

Sounds like he will fit right in....

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
B
It goes to 11.

October 15, 2008, 02:50 PM

Not claiming all tips is pretty common practice. I usually picked a pretty believable number and pocketed the rest. Servers take a lot of shit, and don't generally get paid a ton.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#4)
One and Only

October 15, 2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrB View Post
Not claiming all tips is pretty common practice. I usually picked a pretty believable number and pocketed the rest. Servers take a lot of shit, and don't generally get paid a ton.

Totally, and everyone knows that.

The IRS magic number is 8%, I believe. The short version is if you were to be audited and didn't claim at least 8% of your total sales, you're full of shit.

The kid was just sooooo blantant about it.

I tell everyone when they start..."AS YOUR EMPLOYER, I am telling you to claim every tip you make."

Idiots

Right up the 1 hole.
Unread
  (#5)
old fat and slow

October 15, 2008, 03:05 PM

i tell drivers the same thing... as your employer report everything. as a fellow driver it's a different story. been audited 2x because of someone else not claiming anything at all. not just a low % but nothing. so irs audits whole company. effin sucks. i always cover my ass on tips. supprisingly so many dont, lots get away with it for a while but eventually it turns ugly real fast.

MissS:no now!!!

bambam nope you said i have a few hours

MissS: I changed my mind

bambam: see MissS: well, you have a few hours

MissS: I'm a female, allowed to do it
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to bambam  
Unread
  (#6)
The last urrbendah

October 15, 2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrB View Post
Awwwww...It sounds like someone wasn't wearing the necessary quantity of flair.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
One and Only

October 15, 2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam View Post
i tell drivers the same thing... as your employer report everything. as a fellow driver it's a different story. been audited 2x because of someone else not claiming anything at all. not just a low % but nothing. so irs audits whole company. effin sucks. i always cover my ass on tips. supprisingly so many dont, lots get away with it for a while but eventually it turns ugly real fast.

At my last place, we automatically claimed all charged gratuity for the staff. This made life very easy on them. 90% of our business was credit cards or "room charges." They averaged 22%. We averaged a $60+PPA. Needless to say, they didn't have any worries.

Here? Alllllll cash. And not very much of it. Kinda glad to be leaving.

Right up the 1 hole.
Unread
  (#8)
Que se jodan!!

October 15, 2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post

"Semi-elite?" where do I join one of these heretofore unheardof departments????

Oh, and I drink a shitload of beer, not to mention did a lot of other nasty stuff in my life, and I passed my poly like I was Mother Teresa.....

Whisper
"Speak quietly and carry a big stick."
2014 BMW S1000RR
2006 GSXR 1000 - Street (Sold)
2005 GSXR 1000 - Track (Sold - I hate you, Paul)
2010 YZ250F -Motocross in Mexico (I still hate Yamahas)

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whisper  
Unread
  (#9)
One and Only

October 15, 2008, 03:19 PM

HOLY SHIT! Get this...

So my boss and I were just sitting here talking about the "situation" of things. He's a great guy, and really wants this to work out. He knows how I feel about it though..

As we're talking, a board member walks in. They're the ones that make those decisions. I think he realized what we were talking about. Kinda funny.

So he had been planning an event for his faculty (H.S. principal), for Dec 14th. He starts talking to me about it and I'm like, "Nope, he's your guy."

The rest was pretty funny.

"Oh, I'm actually the guy responsible for looking for our new caterer, and I wanted to present the opportunity to you first, if you want it."

Me: "Nope."

I think he might have pooped a little. Shocked.

Me: "It's not a good move for the club to outsource this work. I've offered to do it in-house for you, for a tiny wage, allowing you to make the bulk of the net revenue. It's not a move I want, or that your members want. They're the ones you're supposed to be representing, by the way."

Needless to say, he didn't have much at all to say. My boss almost crapped himself too. I feel a little bad though, because that board member is a really good guy and I know he was probably on my side in the voting.

Ok, that's all for now.

Right up the 1 hole.
Unread
  (#10)
One and Only

October 15, 2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
"Semi-elite?" where do I join one of these heretofore unheardof departments????

Oh, and I drink a shitload of beer, not to mention did a lot of other nasty stuff in my life, and I passed my poly like I was Mother Teresa.....

I used that term because those agencys (as you well know) are exponentially more difficult to get into than, say, the Mayberry PD.

Dick.

Right up the 1 hole.