DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 589
6 members and 583 guests
Diggy, GRN96WS6, HotRod1200, nootherids, Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Ballaugh Bridge

September 10, 2004, 11:33 PM

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
old fat and slow

September 10, 2004, 11:44 PM

i think they call that a BUG... no really i think thats a "silverfish" bug. not 100% though.

MissS:no now!!!

bambam nope you said i have a few hours

MissS: I changed my mind

bambam: see MissS: well, you have a few hours

MissS: I'm a female, allowed to do it
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to bambam  
Unread
  (#3)
Railing!

September 10, 2004, 11:45 PM

I am going to say a wall...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to 04bluegsxr Send a message via AIM to 04bluegsxr  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

September 11, 2004, 12:29 AM

looks like a pen to me. Oh and the bug, looks kinda big to be a silver fish plus they are usually a grey or silver color. Saw them all the time living in Florida.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#5)
Ballaugh Bridge

September 11, 2004, 07:28 AM

After some further research, I've come to the conclusion that it is a "house centipede" (Scutigera coleoptrata).

"The house centipede, Scutigera coleoptrata, is the only species capable of reproducing in homes and is often seen in and around homes where dampness occurs. The house centipede is active at night, moving about in search of cockroaches and other insects. Although centipedes are beneficial in that they destroy other insects and their bites are rare and seldom dangerous, most people have an aversion to their presence inside their homes.

The house centipede is often seen darting across floors at high speed, occasionally stopping suddenly and remaining motionless for some time before racing off once more. Its cylindrical body can grow to an inch or more in length. It is yellowish brown and bears three dark longitudinal stripes dorsally. The 15 pairs of slender, banded legs increase in length from the front to the back of the body. The last pair is much longer than the others. The legs give the animal the appearance of great size. Unlike most other centipedes, house centipedes and their close relatives have well-developed, faceted eyes.

In captivity, house centipedes feed readily on cockroach nymphs, flies, moths, bedbugs, crickets, silverfish, earwigs, and other insects and small spiders. They capture prey by half pouncing and half lassoing them. They can capture several prey items at one time. They feed on one specimen while holding the others with their quivering, lashing appendages."

I found it in my bathroom around midnight. That would explain why I have seen any other bugs in my house.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

September 11, 2004, 01:07 PM

cool bug

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#7)
Mr. Glass

September 12, 2004, 08:42 PM

yea centipede was my guess too meng.. it has slightly diffrent shape than regular centipedes...

word.

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#8)
DT
Yesssssss.....

September 13, 2004, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVbadguy
After some further research, I've come to the conclusion that it is a "house centipede" (Scutigera coleoptrata).

In captivity, house centipedes feed readily on cockroach nymphs, flies, moths, bedbugs, crickets, silverfish, earwigs, and other insects and small spiders. They capture prey by half pouncing and half lassoing them. They can capture several prey items at one time. They feed on one specimen while holding the others with their quivering, lashing appendages."

I found it in my bathroom around midnight. That would explain why I have seen any other bugs in my house.
Would that be... "...that would explain why I haven't seen any other bugs in my house???"

Good read - these things are in my apartment quite a bit. I'm going to stop flushing them down the john now that I know that they kill roaches. They freak the hell out of my wife and daughter.

Might even have to catch a roach and one of these, video tape what ensues in a closed environment, and post it up.

Oh yeah, SVbadguy - which side's the head???

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT