DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 547
2 members and 545 guests
nootherids, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
What is motorcycling to you?
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

What is motorcycling to you? - September 11, 2006, 08:34 PM

For me its enjoying the world around me. Seeing places I have not. Erasing the clutter in my mind. Becoming one with the machine to attack the road ahead. Its all about the adventure even if the adventure is a day trip to a place I have been to before. Its looking forward to ridng to events to see people I only see once a year or to put a face with the avater. Over all it relaxation and escaping the daily bs life doles out. When I am riding its me, the machine and the road.

I thought about this after reading the begining of a ride report posted by Dave on AVDRIDER. Some of you may know him and may know he just flew to AZ to pick up a new to him Buell Uly. The happiness he is feeling as he makes recounts his journey home shines through. I cannot wait and hope that I am able to make a ride like his someday.

Here is Dave and his S4 a few weeks ago.

Congrats Dave Thanks for sharing your journey.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

September 11, 2006, 08:36 PM

Daves Report fixed

Last edited by Space; September 12, 2006 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: F'ed up
Unread
  (#3)
You meet the nicest

September 11, 2006, 08:38 PM

Well said Space, thatís pretty much how I feel about it too.

BECAUSE I GET OFF ON IT!
Unread
  (#4)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

September 11, 2006, 08:48 PM

I start the bike up and all my problems get left behind. I get to meet new friends and help others. Most of all I remember when my granddad took me for my first ride and I was hooked! Everytime I ride he is with me watching over!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#5)
Inquire photoshoot within

September 11, 2006, 08:49 PM

^ I second that man..I can remember my dad holding on to the fender of my PW50 and then one day letting go w. out me knowing it @ age 5..Riding is everything to me, it is my little escape while allowing me to think about the priorities in my life like family and friends, my week ahead, or just to have the luxury of thinking about nothing at all!

I <3 my Honda.
Weaksauce.org
WDCR SCCA #45/20
Weapon of choice-Rebel XT

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MotoBlairF4  
Unread
  (#6)
THE PATIENT

September 11, 2006, 09:09 PM

I LOVE RIDING, ITS THE ONE OF THE THINGS THAT IM SO PASSIONATE ABOUT THAT I MIGHT LOSE MY LIFE TO IT, BUT I AM AT PEACE WITH THAT

MY PASY MISTAKES-REGRETS GO AWAY, AND IM LIVING IMMEDIATELY IN THAT MOMENT. ITS ALMOST EROTIC.

MY ACHES AND PAINS FROM WRECKS AND SURGERIES GO AWAY, I THINK MORE CLEARLY, MY HEART RATE SLOWS, IM IN MY HAPPY PLACE AND NOTHING ELSE COUNTS.

I CAN ALMOST FEEL MY LEFT HAND SQUEEZING THE CLUTCH, ITS MY NORMALLCY I GUESS, CUZ I LOOK LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE WHEN IM ON MY BIKE.

ITS ALSO A SAD THING FOR ME BECAUSE I HAVE SACRIFICED ALOT TO RIDING, AND WATCHED SOME OF MY FRIENDS DIE DOING WHAT THEY LOVE.

I LOVE IT AND IT LOVES ME BACK--MOTORCYCLING TO ME IS-----TO LIVE

TO QUOTE A FAMOUS MEXICAN
"ES MEJOR MORIR DE PIE QUE VIVIR ARODILLADO"
"ITS BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN TO LIVE ON YOUR KNEES"

FUNNY THING BOUT LIFE IS -----NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE SO LIVE EVERYDAY LIKE YOU NEVER HAVE OR EVER WILL AGAIN
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to 1hander  
Unread
  (#7)
Still here

September 11, 2006, 09:21 PM

For me it's some of the same things the others have listed, but it is also a way for me to show I can do what I set out to. I came to riding on the back of a friend's bike. I decided I wanted to be an equal not just a passenger. So I took the MSF course. Then I wanted my own bike not just a license to have in my pocket.

Everytime I ride my bike, I worry, I get nervous, and I have more fun accomplishing what I set out to do (stay up, and stay safe) than I do in many other areas of my life. It feels a bit like the way it did when I start racing cars. Only I don't take riding for granted as much. I get on my bike and I get so much satisfaction over having learned a new skill, and how I continue to learn each time I ride that it's hard to wipe the smile from my face.

02 1100 VStar

I've got a bike and I ride it year round. Nuff said

.Net - Those that care, post.
Those that don't care, seem to post too.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Unread
  (#8)
Don't ask me,I'm Canadian

September 11, 2006, 10:54 PM

The cheapest,most basic motorcycle is 1000x more fun than the most expensive,exotic car.No one in a car is waving at me while driving by and thinking to themselves "Im gonna wave to a fellow car driver" Im one with my bike...I change my oil,paint it,change my tires...lets see you 'become one with your car' with your oil changed by Jiffy Lube,your tires changes by Goodyear service center,and your $5000 paint job.Ever met a tuner...or a member of a BMW or Porsche club?....'nuff said.Im not yakking on my cell phone,beating on my steering wheel or dreading rush hour.Take your 4 wheeled souless machine and stick it....Ill be cruising along on my baby,giving a nod to a fellow biker coming in the opposite direction.

ALL MY HEROES ARE RUSSIAN...GO CAPS!

Well you see, Norm, itís like thisÖA herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.-Cliff Claven

Unread
  (#9)
Kat
Finally got a garage!

September 12, 2006, 07:04 AM

I'm in there with Vstargidget. For me, riding represents me conquering my fears. I was always afraid of bicycles. They scared me, and although I learned to ride them, I was always afraid of them.

Motorcycling is more than fun. It's proving to myself that I won't let my fears stop me from living.

**Sara**
"She wont be so fuckable covered in road rash." -boomchic00

"The whore force is strong in this one."
Kevers

BamBam, I miss you more than words can say.
Unread
  (#10)
When in Rome...

September 12, 2006, 08:28 AM

Motorcycling is 20 dollar a month garage parking downtown and 60 mpg. ha. Lots of other things too, but that is certainly what gets me on the bike every day.

bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com

www.howtoavoidthebummerlife.com
Unread
  (#11)
Pleased to meet me

September 12, 2006, 08:31 AM

• Itís riding on the back of your dadís BSA thinking youíre the coolest kid with the coolest dad.
  • Itís sharing a z50 with your brother and pretending youíre Evel Knievel.
  • Itís buying your first street bike before you even thought of buying a cage.
  • Itís taking hotties for a ride and braking a bit too hard now and then.
  • Itís riding to Canada with a friend that had a 12-pack on the back of his bike while crossing the border.
  • Itís standing on the seat and wheeling your bike on a cold autumn day.
  • Itís taking that first ride on the bike that took 6 months a blood, sweat and tears to build.
  • Itís riding and saying FU.
Unread
  (#12)
back.

September 12, 2006, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hander
TO QUOTE A FAMOUS MEXICAN
"ES MEJOR MORIR DE PIE QUE VIVIR ARODILLADO"
"ITS BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN TO LIVE ON YOUR KNEES"

FUNNY THING BOUT LIFE IS -----NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE SO LIVE EVERYDAY LIKE YOU NEVER HAVE OR EVER WILL AGAIN

word

may the force be with you

Unread
  (#13)
whoa preppy......

September 12, 2006, 08:47 AM

It's camping @ 70mph

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
God of the Gaps

September 12, 2006, 09:33 AM

I hate riding. It's loud, dangerous, and uncomfortable, but it pulls the bitches. I do it all for the nookie. I guess I also do it so I have a good excuse to wear leather.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
Typical Stripper

September 12, 2006, 10:08 AM

There are very few things in life more rewarding.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to