DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 520
0 members and 520 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
What would you do in this situatio and what can I do?
Unread
  (#1)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

What would you do in this situatio and what can I do? - June 13, 2011, 03:10 PM

So recently we have been experiencing alittle bit of unruly behavior against our house in the neighborhood down here in TN. We live in a a good neighborhood, right across an elementray school (top in the state). Being a former resident of college park and alumni from UMD, im used to people doing dumb shit (IE our house got broken into twice while we were not home). But since we had no idea who it was and they never returned, nothing could be done except for file a police report and the cops said the same thing.

So no im here in TN and last week, saturday night, our cars got broken into (not actually broken into, but some of the roomates left their doors unlocked), and things were stole. They went through glove compartments, took gps etc. Fast forward to last night, around 130AM, someone takes a what seems like a bat, and smashed our front screen door, which is made of pretty thick glass, so it oculdnt have been wind, random pressure etc (or could it). I run out half naked, in boxers, with a broom stick (pretty funny image), when my roomates woke me up. Today I find out, the people that live in the basement said that when she was smokinga cigarette, she saw people outside hte house.

So the question is, why the hell are they just targetting my house. could it be that my roomates have some explaining to do? (they are all grad students) OR could it be that last week, when i was working on my bike outside, these teenages came flying through, blowing stop signs, almost hitting me on the side of the road, on the opposite end. My response? I put my hjands like WTF?!?! so, i guess the question is what would YOU do? and the , id bust a cap in their asses responses wont work, cuz i dont carry and i dont want to kill anyone...maybe scare em a lil bit...
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
ಠ_ಠ The Cleaner ಠ_ಠ

June 13, 2011, 03:14 PM

Castle law?

Whenever a post needs posting, I appear, then I'm gone.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hokierider  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

June 13, 2011, 03:15 PM

GET A BIG OLE DOG, OR GET SECURITY CAMS AND CATCH THERE ASS AND SHOOT IT TO THE POPO, OR RUN AFTER THEM WITH A CHAINSAW AND MASK
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Budah79 Send a message via AIM to Budah79  
Unread
  (#4)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

June 13, 2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokierider View Post
Castle law?
My understanding is, its similar to marylands. Even so, i feel like im too old/ no time to start properly training with firearms, although i may look into it...
Unread
  (#5)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

June 13, 2011, 03:18 PM

hahaha funny u say that Budah, recently we been watching Dexter...We got a lab pup (8 months) hes too sweet to do anything

Last edited by Riz; June 13, 2011 at 03:21 PM..
Unread
  (#6)
SRWJTS Recruiter

June 13, 2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budah79 View Post
GET A BIG OLE DOG, OR GET SECURITY CAMS AND CATCH THERE ASS AND SHOOT IT TO THE POPO, OR RUN AFTER THEM WITH A CHAINSAW AND MASK
This

"Remember you may love your bike but your bike doesn't love you and that bitch will kill you the first time you do her wrong."

MARRC Cornerworker
http://www.marrc.org/

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
2006 Yamaha R6 - Anniversary Edition - SOLD
2005 Yamaha R6 - SOLD
2001 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
Unread
  (#7)
cake > pie

June 13, 2011, 03:38 PM

I know I am going to end up a stuborn crochety old man and my response/solution to all things like this is.....
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

June 13, 2011, 03:46 PM

Neighbor said htey saw around 4 ppl standing outside on our front lawn, which is kinda ballsy considering they didnt run off when/if they saw my neighborhood....time to move the bike INSIDE the house now. I leave the bike on my front porch, which has pretty hard access to (in terms of removing a bike) bc you have to go through stairs to acces it or throw the lawn which is hilly and long. But im not taking any chances, they could have just as easily busted the motorcycle with the bat...

Last edited by Riz; June 13, 2011 at 03:48 PM..
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

June 13, 2011, 04:07 PM

First thing I would do is install motion sensor lights, bright ones, and multiple ones. If you feel it's necessary the next step would be obvious cameras and don't use fake ones cause the real thieves know how to tell they're fake. The next step would be to get an alarm similar to perimeter car alarms in which if somebody comes within a certain distance it will use voice to give them a warning to back away. And lastly, put a system that prays a similar material to that used by banks in money bags where if the capsule explodes it stains your skin and clothes for several days and can't be washed off. That combined with the video footage would help the cops catch anyone.

I would try one step at a time cause there's no sense in wasting money unnecessarily. There are a few more things you could do to get them to run away from your house but then you run the risk of making them target you even more and want to get vengeance. Which is why anything that physically affects them is pointless without the cameras so you can report them. Usually the bright ass lights work wonders by themselves.
Unread
  (#10)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

June 13, 2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootherids View Post
First thing I would do is install motion sensor lights, bright ones, and multiple ones. If you feel it's necessary the next step would be obvious cameras and don't use fake ones cause the real thieves know how to tell they're fake. The next step would be to get an alarm similar to perimeter car alarms in which if somebody comes within a certain distance it will use voice to give them a warning to back away. And lastly, put a system that prays a similar material to that used by banks in money bags where if the capsule explodes it stains your skin and clothes for several days and can't be washed off. That combined with the video footage would help the cops catch anyone.

I would try one step at a time cause there's no sense in wasting money unnecessarily. There are a few more things you could do to get them to run away from your house but then you run the risk of making them target you even more and want to get vengeance. Which is why anything that physically affects them is pointless without the cameras so you can report them. Usually the bright ass lights work wonders by themselves.
All good suggestions. I wonder if the front porch luight was on. Im gonna say i dont think it was. I always tell my roomates to leave the front porch light on, especially since we dont pay electricity. The house is rented, so im gonna have to talk wit hteh Landloard about this.

Apparently, the neighbor said that they loooked like teenagers, so it looks like vandals, rather than experienced thieves. Im guessing this has something to do with the incident i stated about my raising my hands in teh air when those kids flew by me. but really, ur gonna do that over literally nothing? makes me LOL. So maybe fake cameras or fake security system signs will be enough to deter them...

I swear these kids need a good butt whooping now in days. Parents need to know the whereabouts of their kids... If i catch them, I doubt id even rough them up. Id prolly grab them by their ear and take them to their parents...

Last edited by Riz; June 13, 2011 at 04:21 PM..
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

June 13, 2011, 04:20 PM

you do realize it's only against the law if you get caught....hint hint.
Unread
  (#12)
T.R.I.T.D.H

June 13, 2011, 04:22 PM

just setup a sniper station on your roof....that solves that.

Of course then you'd have to deal with any legal discourse and charges of murder brought against you by the victims families. The strife that would be caused upon your family wouldn't be worth it. Any shot (no pun intended) of your kid growing up with a daddy would then be wiped away like the dust on the chalk board at his/her school while he/she daydreams about exotically dancing at Bubbas because he/she didn't have a father figure to either show him how a man should act or show her how a man should treat her. All the while wifey is at home being humiliated by Rick in front of his crystal meth lookin fishin friends because she didn't spead the mustard on one side and the mayonaise on the other side of each piece of bread in his ham and cheese sandwich.

Yeah....scratch that sniper idea...let's start back at square one with this. Now the kids, did what you say to the house again?

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#13)
It was me.

June 13, 2011, 04:26 PM

Install cameras

Mohawk Ryderz Road Captain
www.MohawkRyderz.com

"We drop sukaz!"

-
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GwgOmlI0ht.../s400/byah.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Widow Maker  
Unread
  (#14)
It was me.

June 13, 2011, 04:26 PM

Buy a gun.

Mohawk Ryderz Road Captain
www.MohawkRyderz.com

"We drop sukaz!"

-
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GwgOmlI0ht.../s400/byah.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Widow Maker  
Unread
  (#15)
ಠ_ಠ The Cleaner ಠ_ಠ

June 13, 2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
just setup a sniper station on your roof....that solves that.

Of course then you'd have to deal with any legal discourse and charges of murder brought against you by the victims families. The strife that would be caused upon your family wouldn't be worth it. Any shot (no pun intended) of your kid growing up with a daddy would then be wiped away like the dust on the chalk board at his/her school while he/she daydreams about exotically dancing at Bubbas because he/she didn't have a father figure to either show him how a man should act or show her how a man should treat her. All the while wifey is at home being humiliated by Rick in front of his crystal meth lookin fishin friends because she didn't spead the mustard on one side and the mayonaise on the other side of each piece of bread in his ham and cheese sandwich.

Yeah....scratch that sniper idea...let's start back at square one with this. Now the kids, did what you say to the house again?
wat is this I don't even

Whenever a post needs posting, I appear, then I'm gone.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hokierider