DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 596
3 members and 593 guests
2blueyam, boomboom929, Diggy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Who cut my brake lines?
Unread
  (#1)
Signed up for Track Days!

Who cut my brake lines? - February 19, 2007, 07:58 PM

Man I had the most f'ed up experiance today, my brakes completly failed on my van in rush hour philly traffic. I noticed friday night when I drove up they were really mushy, and when I checked the fluid was a little low so i filled it and it was fine. I drove it saturday and brakes worked great, Picked up my track bike and sunday used it to do some grocery shopping. This is a Ford Aerostar I picked up from my friend real cheep just to go to the track with. I been driving it recently because my car needed some work and it has AWD. So this morning I got in it to come back to Bmore,I was droping my mom off at the bank and in the back were my track bike and my dog. If you are familiar with university city in Philly you know how busy the traffic is in the morning. I pulled out it stopped at the stop sign at the end of the block fine, so I pulled on to the main road going about 35 the light turns red and I hit the brakes , nothing it didnt even slow down so I started pumbing the brakes nothing. There is a freaking boxtruck stopped in front of me at the light and I am still doing 35. Can't find the E brake , this was my fault always assumed that it was a pedal like most vans, but its next to the drivers seat like a car but hard to see unless you knew it was there. I go in to the oncoming lane ,luckily the car coming the other way moved and gave me some room. My next problem is I am going right in to a 2 lane road with busy traffic I managed to squeeze between 2 cars and make a right. well to do tht I had to gun it so Now I am going even faster and my mom is crying. my bike is about to fall on my dog and I am coming to the next red light so I do the same move again and somehow avoid hitting anything, people are slamming on their brakes and honking but I cant do anything. I drove for about 3 more blocks going thorugh some stop signs and luckily found an empty alley. And managed to drive in to some snow and half a block later I was stopped. It was insane ,a good start to the week, just happy to be alive. Oh yeah and I found the Ebrakes I guess I will pay attention to that when I get in a car I don't know.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

February 19, 2007, 08:17 PM

I know that feeling. I've lost the brakes on my old expedition twice....both times in traffic. Glad to hear that you are ok!

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#3)
Bikeless... for now

February 20, 2007, 06:48 AM

That sucks, I lost brakes driving an Ambulance while responding to a call one time. Came up to a red light at about 45, had a pucker factor of about 113, I think my partner had a pucker factor of about 14532896. Was able to avoid everything and everyone luckily.

My bike run's on snake oil.... thanks to BG.

'06 ZX-6R in blue
'93 Ninja EX500 (sold)
Unread
  (#4)
I got dis!

February 20, 2007, 08:06 AM

Ugh, I've been there too. Had total brake failure one night coming home from work on 66 in rush hour traffic. I have no idea how I avoided the cars, but thankfully I did, and made it to Advance Auto. Popped the hood and had almost no brake fluid, topped it back off and it was ok to get to my local garage. Apparently a caliper had blown and all the fluid was going right out through the broken seals.

- Matt

Quoted from AIM. A conversation with Dwight about him and Ben.
"cpsdwight: i couldnt believe that i was keeping him up"

Harvey - "I can't date fat chicks man, there's just too much material there. Someone's gotta be thin in the relationship and it's obviously not me."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Drgnfiend Send a message via AIM to Drgnfiend  
Unread
  (#5)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

February 20, 2007, 08:12 AM

I was driving a box truck with about 10,000 lbs of cargo in the back on my first day and was coming down a steep hill at about 55mph when the light changed to red. I went to put the brakes an and the fackers went right to the floor!!! There were about five cars stop in front of me so I pulled on the ebrake and that facker came right out in my hands!!! I ran off the road thru the bushes and finally got stopped!! About shit myself!!! Turns out there was zero pad left and the pistons of all the front calipers popped out! I also had no brakes going into turn 1 at summit at about 130 mph now thats a OH SHIT momment!!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#6)
Golf Pro

February 20, 2007, 08:20 AM

damn Sree! glad that you guys are ok!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to EDness  
Unread
  (#7)
Still here

February 20, 2007, 08:25 AM

Wow, this is one scary story!! Glad it had a good ending (for everyone who has one it sounds like).

02 1100 VStar

I've got a bike and I ride it year round. Nuff said

.Net - Those that care, post.
Those that don't care, seem to post too.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Unread
  (#8)
Retired to most ...

February 20, 2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131
I also had no brakes going into turn 1 at summit at about 130 mph now thats a OH SHIT momment!!
Now THAT would wake ya up for sure!!!!

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#9)
Signed up for Track Days!

February 20, 2007, 12:27 PM

and my luck continues, Driving to work today got a flat atleast the brakes work now
Unread
  (#10)
TEAM.SUKUZI

February 20, 2007, 01:19 PM

I know watcha meen, I grew up in South Philly...

sex addict