DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 513
1 members and 512 guests
beatle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Who has a Financial Advisor?
Unread
  (#1)
Im Always Down to Ride

Who has a Financial Advisor? - July 14, 2015, 12:07 PM

Alright so this is what I am looking for:
  1. Sound Advice
  2. No rape on commission...I know they make money but be working to help ME gain, not you!!
  3. Willing to set me a on long term path but with some aggressive moves along the way. Risk for reward...

So I am trying to do is a couple of things here. I have 3, 401K account which I am trying to decide to roll the old ones into the current employer or let them stay or roll into IRA. Additionally what I want to do is start working on my investments with some funds as well so that will most likely be self-managed.

I am just looking for someone to give some sound advice and who actually cares about the people the advise. I have a MAJOR trust issue here with people and my money...I will and I repeat...WILL SLAP A MF for screwing with my money. Side fund already created for that bail and court cost.

If you know someone let me know.

Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?

Speed kills, ride a Yamaha!

MotorSport/PowerSport Auctions
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

July 14, 2015, 02:14 PM

Guns, ammo, beans, water, ramen noodles, gold and silver.

Get off that fake digital money. Greece is just the tip of the iceberg.

A.

Gemini Motorcycles (Sterling, VA)
www.GeminiMotorcycles.com
ZX14: 243 mph
ZX12: 229.6 mph
ZX10: 202.8 mph

ZX9: 177.6 mph
ZX6R: 180.8 mph
Ninja 650: 130.7 mph
Ninja 400: 123.5 mph

EX300: 114.7 mph
EX250: 122.4 mph
Unread
  (#3)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

July 14, 2015, 02:29 PM

You aren't exactly going to drum up enthusiastic responses with a request like that.

Best advice? Start putting money away early, never stop, keep an eye on it and ensure under performing funds are switched out. Diversify income streams. Don't just have a job. Have a job, investments, stocks, annuities, side work, rentals, etc.

Oh, and threatening your financial advisor and then wanting to go for risky investments? I don't see anybody signing up for that gig. Slow and steady will take care of you. Housing, food, retirement....those are your basic funding needs out of a paycheck. Spend less than you make, always put money away. Drive a vehicle as long as you can.

Simple to say, harder to do when your neighbor drives a flashy car, etc.

Me? I drive a 9 year old pickup truck.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

July 14, 2015, 02:30 PM

Not much help but the few I tried to use in the area seemed not interested unless I had a million to toy with, not impressed by any I used or went to personally.

I also have a real hard time letting someone lose my money for me.

Tommy

MSF Graduate 9-25-05
13 DRZ400SM Sold 6-21-16
06 R6 Raven Sold 4-23-15
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

July 14, 2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg View Post
You aren't exactly going to drum up enthusiastic responses with a request like that.

Best advice? Start putting money away early, never stop, keep an eye on it and ensure under performing funds are switched out. Diversify income streams. Don't just have a job. Have a job, investments, stocks, annuities, side work, rentals, etc.

Oh, and threatening your financial advisor and then wanting to go for risky investments? I don't see anybody signing up for that gig. Slow and steady will take care of you. Housing, food, retirement....those are your basic funding needs out of a paycheck. Spend less than you make, always put money away. Drive a vehicle as long as you can.

Simple to say, harder to do when your neighbor drives a flashy car, etc.

Me? I drive a 9 year old pickup truck.
Stop bragging dawg!

Gemini Motorcycles (Sterling, VA)
www.GeminiMotorcycles.com
ZX14: 243 mph
ZX12: 229.6 mph
ZX10: 202.8 mph

ZX9: 177.6 mph
ZX6R: 180.8 mph
Ninja 650: 130.7 mph
Ninja 400: 123.5 mph

EX300: 114.7 mph
EX250: 122.4 mph
Unread
  (#6)
Chasing the dragon

July 14, 2015, 02:36 PM

Go do track days, get good, land a GP contract, smash all the umbrella girls, retire rich.

More gas, less brake
Unread
  (#7)
Im Always Down to Ride

July 14, 2015, 03:08 PM

Haha...you guys.

But nah just to get my point across, I know it will be a challenge for me to say here is my money. Thats all.

And I want someone who is like brutally honest...So what I mean is if they see a risk that can bring a reward, be very honest with me and say this shit can go belly up fast so be weary but my suggestion is I would do xyz with my money.

I am just looking for straight forward folks who tell it like it is and willing to really help a brother move some funds.

Unread
  (#8)

July 14, 2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds120 View Post
Haha...you guys.

But nah just to get my point across, I know it will be a challenge for me to say here is my money. Thats all.

And I want someone who is like brutally honest...So what I mean is if they see a risk that can bring a reward, be very honest with me and say this shit can go belly up fast so be weary but my suggestion is I would do xyz with my money.

I am just looking for straight forward folks who tell it like it is and willing to really help a brother move some funds.

How old are you? Do you have a 401K that you can put money into? If so....bare minimum is to get that match. That is free money. Plus it's pre-tax. So a 50% match up to 3%. That means you donate 6%, employer adds 30% automatically. Plus your out of pocket cost is actually even less because your 28% (???) tax is actually going into the 401k fund. So with a little rounding - Out of pocket about 4% = 6% + 3%match or 9%. You more that double your long term investment. Yeah, do that.

If you make a lot, max out your 401K. Again, pre-tax is your friend.

And hush now Shipteey. I don't brag because I have a dig bick.

And you read that wrong.

Unread
  (#9)
starbucks ADV rider

July 14, 2015, 03:31 PM

I'd go with the moto GP option.

08 Yamaha WR450F/ SM
12 Yamaha SuperTenere
Unread
  (#10)
Im Always Down to Ride

July 14, 2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg View Post
How old are you? Do you have a 401K that you can put money into? If so....bare minimum is to get that match. That is free money. Plus it's pre-tax. So a 50% match up to 3%. That means you donate 6%, employer adds 30% automatically. Plus your out of pocket cost is actually even less because your 28% (???) tax is actually going into the 401k fund. So with a little rounding - Out of pocket about 4% = 6% + 3%match or 9%. You more that double your long term investment. Yeah, do that.

If you make a lot, max out your 401K. Again, pre-tax is your friend.

And hush now Shipteey. I don't brag because I have a dig bick.

And you read that wrong.

Oh I m 30, I have 401Ks maxed+, 2 roth ira maxed and such. I am just trying to see what I can do if anything to get myself better aligned.

I am hopefully soon going to be opening my own businesses and I want to plan for that as well just making sure my money is making me money.

Unread
  (#11)

July 14, 2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds120 View Post
Oh I m 30, I have 401Ks maxed+, 2 roth ira maxed and such. I am just trying to see what I can do if anything to get myself better aligned.

I am hopefully soon going to be opening my own businesses and I want to plan for that as well just making sure my money is making me money.
Then you are on the right path. Just keep at it and adding to the mix. Maybe some municipal bonds? Anything that's tax free growth is nice. Anything to keep the tax man away is also good.