DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 551
2 members and 549 guests
beatle, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Who Knows LA?
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

Who Knows LA? - October 24, 2006, 10:39 AM

I have a layover in LA before heading out to Tahiti for the honeymoon.
We are staying at a hotel a couple blocks from the chinese theater.

Anyone know LA enough to know a good place to hit up for the evening?
Ive heard all the clubs are on the sunset strip..
We will be there Sunday Nov 5th.

Obviously you have to know it well enough that an average joe can get into, that is good.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
MSF Student

October 24, 2006, 11:01 AM

The Chinese theater is in Hollywood right? I don't really know any clubs in LA but if you have a little bit of time just hop on PCH 1 south and head down through Huntington Beach to Laguna. There are a bunch of awesome restaurants/bars along the way that are right on the water. Incredible at sunset. Make sure you grab a Double Double from In-N-Out Burger!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Golf Pro

October 24, 2006, 11:46 AM

3rd street in Santa Monica...

my rents are in LA.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to EDness  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

October 24, 2006, 11:58 AM

yeah, in holly wood..

ok cool, writing this junk down!

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
God of the Gaps

October 24, 2006, 01:25 PM

I'd say take a nice ride up Sunset (you'll get to see the glitzy/tv Hollywood and Beverly Hills), and when you hit PCH take it north towards Malibu. There are some nice places to eat right off of PCH, some of them overlooking the ocean.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Agitator

October 24, 2006, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDness
3rd street in Santa Monica...

my rents are in LA.
+1 on santa monica, I say eat, people watch on the promenade, then hit some clubs

if you want a low-key pier to watch the sunset, I say manhattan beach pier, its my favorite for low key

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#7)
Former Rock Star

October 24, 2006, 04:15 PM

Spud, you are talking night life v.s daytime sightseeing with knee socks and
a camera right? Daytime Malibu, Huntington Beach, Santa Monica Pier are all
great and be sure you go to muscle beach and check out the show on the board
walk, it's insane. Nightlife though outside of drinking or dancing if you want to see
an up and coming band that will likely be on the charts soon I suggest The Whisky.
It's on Sunset in West HollyRock and has bands Tues thru Sun. and 2 bars.Saw VH
there before their 1st album it was a shooow!

"there can't be 2 number 1's, that'd be 11!"
~Eric
(The Irish Guy) R.I.P
Unread
  (#8)
Site ADMIN

October 24, 2006, 04:24 PM

thanks mang!

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#9)
Officially Addicted to Posting

October 24, 2006, 06:54 PM

If you make it to Malibu, be sure to hit up Duke's for some fich tacos!

If you hit Manhattan beach, I ate at a good place there on Saturday called Michi's. Very good sushi, and the angel wings are out of this world!

My wife knows all the good places out here, so I'll check with her too.

P.S. The weather out here in LA has been great for the last week and a half. Unseasonably warm. Hope it stays that way for you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#10)
Golf Pro

October 24, 2006, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aved
The Chinese theater is in Hollywood right? I don't really know any clubs in LA but if you have a little bit of time just hop on PCH 1 south and head down through Huntington Beach to Laguna. There are a bunch of awesome restaurants/bars along the way that are right on the water. Incredible at sunset. Make sure you grab a Double Double from In-N-Out Burger!
Double Double Animal Style's the way to go!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to EDness  
Unread
  (#11)
Eddie would go ...

October 24, 2006, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston-birdman
+1 on santa monica, I say eat, people watch on the promenade, then hit some clubs

if you want a low-key pier to watch the sunset, I say manhattan beach pier, its my favorite for low key

+2 Hit Ivy on The Shore for dinner..if ya can swing it

ask for the table I had with :namedrop: Jenny McCarthy
Unread
  (#12)
MSF Student

October 24, 2006, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDness
Double Double Animal Style's the way to go!
Holy crap that is what it is called! My uncle told me about that last week but I couldn't remember yesterday when I ordered my Double Double. I'm in Norcal for a couple weeks so I will give it a try. There has got to be some kind of narcotic in those burgers...
Unread
  (#13)
Ick
The Optimistic Nihonjin

October 25, 2006, 01:34 AM

Universal City. Hollywood is kind of hyped, but there's things to do there. Day-wise...Promenade is a good place to catch some lunch / early dinner.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Ick  
Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

October 25, 2006, 08:06 AM

dutch, you had lunch with jenny mcarthy?

Dave, will you be out in LA when im there?

Thanks everyone, i am printing out this thread before I leave. Keep the info coming.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#15)
Nothing here

October 25, 2006, 08:37 AM

You should go here ------> http://www.thecatandfiddle.com/about.html

Order the Black Forest Cider then hang on.