DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 539
1 members and 538 guests
Taty
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Wii
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

Wii - January 30, 2007, 12:17 PM

Well most saw my request to find a Wii. I wasnt even interested in purchasing it until a buddy spoke up that he and his g/f play all the time.

Since me playing 360 is a sore spot for the Wife, i asked her if she cared if i got the Wii.. She rolled her eyes and gave me the defacto "whatever" response.

After playing the Wii over the weekend, the wife and I have played it every day. Even have a few ppl over on sat to play. All in all, i give it a

It really does involve your whole family. My dad loves playing the golf.
Highly recommend it to involve your whole family in playing the familiy oriented game console.

Oh and playing madden 07 is beast when you make a throwing motion to throw the ball, flick your wrist to snap the ball and motion a controller to stiff arm, tackle..etc.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
Typical Stripper

January 30, 2007, 12:28 PM

I will have mine Friday!!!

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
( * )|( * )

January 30, 2007, 12:41 PM

Hum...thanks for the review! I like the fact that you can actually physically move instead of just sitting in a seat playing with only your controller.

I may have to grab one in the fall!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

January 30, 2007, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist
I will have mine Friday!!!

maybe....

Serious chris.. if you and K stop by on sunday, you will have to check it out.

There is a blog of a guy who did the boxing for 30 min a day for a month who lost 9 lbs. Ive been playing it for longer than an hour each day... my arms and shoulders have been sore..

Im working on a work out routine with it. Box some, push ups, sit ups..box more...throw in another circuit..etc..

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
Track Ho

January 30, 2007, 01:05 PM

dude, do that bunny game with the red light green light, and also the one where you have to fill their masks with the shooting orange juice, lol

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
Unread
  (#6)
Site ADMIN

January 30, 2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6hokie
dude, do that bunny game with the red light green light, and also the one where you have to fill their masks with the shooting orange juice, lol

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#7)
Watch out kid! I'm in 1st

January 30, 2007, 01:15 PM

I'll save my money for a PS3 but the way the Wii-mote works is pretty trick. More of a revolution in the way we interact with video games rather then Sony and Microsoft's quest for faster, bigger graphics. Have you seen they have Wii work-outs? One guy lost 10 pounds or so playing the boxing game, smart to work-out and have fun at the same time.

06 Kawi 650R Black
Unread
  (#8)
Site ADMIN

January 30, 2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant650R
I'll save my money for a PS3 but the way the Wii-mote works is pretty trick. More of a revolution in the way we interact with video games rather then Sony and Microsoft's quest for faster, bigger graphics. Have you seen they have Wii work-outs? One guy lost 10 pounds or so playing the boxing game, smart to work-out and have fun at the same time.

um...dude...do you even read the posts??

Quote:
There is a blog of a guy who did the boxing for 30 min a day for a month who lost 9 lbs. Ive been playing it for longer than an hour each day...

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#9)
Track Ho

January 30, 2007, 01:26 PM

here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg juice.jpg (126.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg juice2.jpg (127.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg juice3.jpg (225.4 KB, 9 views)

Unread
  (#10)
Watch out kid! I'm in 1st

January 30, 2007, 01:28 PM

I only read your first post, none of the responses. Guess you heard about it then...haha

06 Kawi 650R Black
Unread
  (#11)
( * )|( * )

January 30, 2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
maybe....

Serious chris.. if you and K stop by on sunday, you will have to check it out.

There is a blog of a guy who did the boxing for 30 min a day for a month who lost 9 lbs. Ive been playing it for longer than an hour each day... my arms and shoulders have been sore..

Im working on a work out routine with it. Box some, push ups, sit ups..box more...throw in another circuit..etc..
That's cool...hopefully we'll be able to come out. Sunday I'm finishing off a CISSP class so we'll have to see what time I get done.

Be cool to do some fun exercises...running on the treadmill is ok but after a bit I do get bored...why does cardio have to be such a pain.

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#12)
Site ADMIN

January 30, 2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6hokie
here

you bought that game on purpose??

ill look into it if you tell me its worth buying.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#13)
Site ADMIN

January 30, 2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6
That's cool...hopefully we'll be able to come out. Sunday I'm finishing off a CISSP class so we'll have to see what time I get done.

Be cool to do some fun exercises...running on the treadmill is ok but after a bit I do get bored...why does cardio have to be such a pain.
Agreed, and i wont run outside if it is colder than 50 degrees

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#14)
Kat
Finally got a garage!

January 30, 2007, 01:44 PM

Wii's are too expensive, and I haven't owned a game console since the Atari 2600.

So cruiserhubby and I got a PS2 cheap off of someone who upgraded to the 3. Our favorite games are the interactive ones. Dance Dance Revolution and Guitar hero. I'd imagine the Wii is a blast!

**Sara**
"She wont be so fuckable covered in road rash." -boomchic00

"The whore force is strong in this one."
Kevers

BamBam, I miss you more than words can say.
Unread
  (#15)
Track Ho

January 30, 2007, 01:54 PM

I didnt buy it, this guy brought it to our last ski trip, so we got drunk and played it, there is another one that you hold the controller in different positions like the "waiter" and the "elephant" that game is fun too, Madden is kinda hard, it took me 3 quarters to figure out how to pass