DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 545
6 members and 539 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, shiphteey, Toecutter, vonstallin
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
windows server expert needed
Unread
  (#1)
I came I saw I shat mysef

windows server expert needed - June 3, 2009, 12:32 PM

Hey guys.. Need a little (paid) help.. I am working with a company that has no windows experts and I am far from being one myself. This would be a few paid hours here and there (I guess ask for what you want per hour, just be reasonable and in-market).

What we need is someone who can set up SVN on Windows server 2003 so that tortoise SVN in exporer, command line and remote access (from someone's personal PC via VPN probably using tortoise) all work. We need someone to make sure its setup right and then to give appropriate instructions for using it to others (env settings, URL paths, etc)..

The second thing we need is someone who can setup php on this same server with MS-SQL compiled in and go thru the same rigamorole.. Make sure it works.. Give env settings and instructions, etc.. I have a DB connection test script already waiting to be tried but no one seems to be able to get the php configured correctly.

I could do all of this in unix in 5 minutes but this is a gov't thing and Winblows 2003 is what we got to work with.. I just ain't a windows person and I have been given no schedule (ie billable) time to do this myself..

So anyone interested in making a few extra bucks here and there on a 1099 type basis please let me know.

Thanks.

-john
wera, ccs - novice # 979 - sv650
Aprilia Falco (sold), Gs500 (sold), KTM300 (sold)

"I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one of them."

Separation of Corp. And State!

R.I.P Alex Lyskawa - My heart will never heal from your passing.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to jron  
Unread
  (#2)
Street Bonk Bum.....

June 3, 2009, 12:33 PM

ehhhh just ctrl+alt+delete tilll that shit works

CCS AM # 204
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Owner & Creator

June 3, 2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jron View Post
Hey guys.. Need a little (paid) help.. I am working with a company that has no windows experts and I am far from being one myself. This would be a few paid hours here and there (I guess ask for what you want per hour, just be reasonable and in-market).

What we need is someone who can set up SVN on Windows server 2003 so that tortoise SVN in exporer, command line and remote access (from someone's personal PC via VPN probably using tortoise) all work. We need someone to make sure its setup right and then to give appropriate instructions for using it to others (env settings, URL paths, etc)..

The second thing we need is someone who can setup php on this same server with MS-SQL compiled in and go thru the same rigamorole.. Make sure it works.. Give env settings and instructions, etc.. I have a DB connection test script already waiting to be tried but no one seems to be able to get the php configured correctly.

I could do all of this in unix in 5 minutes but this is a gov't thing and Winblows 2003 is what we got to work with.. I just ain't a windows person and I have been given no schedule (ie billable) time to do this myself..

So anyone interested in making a few extra bucks here and there on a 1099 type basis please let me know.

Thanks.
Talk to Slowride and Bmiester or Boostdacr
Unread
  (#4)
Ninja in Training....

June 3, 2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jron View Post

Thanks.
Setting up the PHP and MySQL set up is fairly easy and self explanatory...the question there is are you using IIS or are you going to be using Apache?

Question about SVN is it going to be set up on a centralized server?

- Craig

If you don't know go ask yo momma

'04 R1 aka "The Bastard"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to roadrunner78 Send a message via AIM to roadrunner78  
Unread
  (#5)
I came I saw I shat mysef

June 3, 2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner78 View Post
Setting up the PHP and MySQL set up is fairly easy and self explanatory...the question there is are you using IIS or are you going to be using Apache?
Neither. The server may have IIS on it but these scripts will all be run from some sort of cron or database trigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner78 View Post
Question about SVN is it going to be set up on a centralized server?
I hate this but right now the SVN is on the box that the development is occurring. Some folks will be accessing it using a Remote Desktop and explorer, doing their work on the same box as the SVN. Others will be using it remotely on their own PC at home thru a VPN connection where checked out files go to their home PC. Others (me) will be using it from the dev (svn) box from the DOS command line (Damn, but I hate DOS)..

-john
wera, ccs - novice # 979 - sv650
Aprilia Falco (sold), Gs500 (sold), KTM300 (sold)

"I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one of them."

Separation of Corp. And State!

R.I.P Alex Lyskawa - My heart will never heal from your passing.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to jron  
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

June 3, 2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWZelibor View Post
ehhhh just ctrl+alt+delete tilll that shit works
Good advice, this always works!!!!