DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 424
1 members and 423 guests
2blueyam
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Wireless Service: Sprint or Verizon or AT&T
Unread
  (#1)
Im Always Down to Ride

Wireless Service: Sprint or Verizon or AT&T - July 16, 2013, 03:25 PM

So I have finally hit my 2 year agreement with Sprint. Been with Sprint now 12 years. I am thinking it is time for a change. Their service just seems to just flat out suck. I mean it blew my mind today when I read that AT&T really has the fastest service of 3G and 4G LTE. AT&T was the WORST thing I ever used but it was 12 yrs ago. I am tired of it taking seems like hours to download the smallest thing. What sucks more is the fact that my phone sits outside all day so I am basically going to be spending more the evening and weekends.

Who do you have and how is the service and where are you located? The bad thing is I will be losing some of my data and spending more a month seeing that I currently pay $63 total after taxes each month.

ANYONE got a Verizon hookup or know of ANYWAY to lessen the monthly payment? I mean even after my companies 25% discount, seems like I am still going to be at $80 or more after taxes for the lowest data plan.

Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?

Speed kills, ride a Yamaha!

MotorSport/PowerSport Auctions
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Groping is a skill...

July 16, 2013, 03:33 PM

As much as I hate AT&T they are still the best service I ever had. They do chrage more than the others too but I've been willing to accept that for a piece of mind. Even my girl forced her company to switch her from Verizon to AT&T out here in Chicago.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
On vacation

July 16, 2013, 03:54 PM

DO NOT GET SPRINT! I just switched to AT&T and I love it for the most part. Sprint service was terrible even in the middle of downtown Bethesda. I lost data at least twice a day. AT&T is much faster and much more reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
My wife wants to get LASIK or a boob job

She asked my opinion

I told her I have no vested interest in making her eyesight better
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex View Post
Im not really fast enough to notice a difference between tires. I buy the kind thats black and made out of rubber.
Unread
  (#4)
Chasing the dragon

July 16, 2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileysDad View Post
DO NOT GET SPRINT! I just switched to AT&T and I love it for the most part. Sprint service was terrible even in the middle of downtown Bethesda. I lost data at least twice a day. AT&T is much faster and much more reliable.
How can you get what you already got?

LOL

More gas, less brake
Unread
  (#5)
Mojito Anyone?

July 16, 2013, 04:29 PM

Let me get in on that company 25% discount dude!

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#6)
Instructor

July 16, 2013, 04:59 PM

AT&T's network is supposedly the fastest right now because their subscriber base is still lower than Verizon's. They really got kicked in the teeth when they underestimated the power of the iPhone but the way they brought everything back is commendable.

I prefer their service and reception over Verizon. Still I was getting killed on minutes and since every seemed to have Verizon when I last looked 2 years ago- any plan became unlimited plan. We're getting ready to re-evaluate and I can't tell you how sick I'm getting of not being able to get good reception in lots of places in Reston, Manassas, Falls Church and DC. AT&T never gave me a problem unless I was passing the NRA building on 66. No lie- dropped call every time but only place with issues.

Stupidity is an elemental force, and I respect that. ATGATT
Unread
  (#7)
Im Always Down to Ride

July 16, 2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by storysunfolding View Post
AT&T's network is supposedly the fastest right now because their subscriber base is still lower than Verizon's. They really got kicked in the teeth when they underestimated the power of the iPhone but the way they brought everything back is commendable.

I prefer their service and reception over Verizon. Still I was getting killed on minutes and since every seemed to have Verizon when I last looked 2 years ago- any plan became unlimited plan. We're getting ready to re-evaluate and I can't tell you how sick I'm getting of not being able to get good reception in lots of places in Reston, Manassas, Falls Church and DC. AT&T never gave me a problem unless I was passing the NRA building on 66. No lie- dropped call every time but only place with issues.
Ok, I am confused are you saying AT&T is bad or Verizon is bad. Is

"We're getting ready to re-evaluate and I can't tell you how sick I'm getting of not being able to get good reception in lots of places in Reston, Manassas, Falls Church and DC."

In reference to AT&T or verizon.

Unread
  (#8)
Instructor

July 16, 2013, 05:16 PM

Arg- posting from my phone makes it so hard to review. We're on Verizon now and it really sucks at my house, my work and my company headquarters in Manassas. The buildings play a part of it in DC- nothing works in many cases- but lots of times just walking around Reston I can't get a damned steady signal.

Stupidity is an elemental force, and I respect that. ATGATT
Unread
  (#9)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

July 16, 2013, 05:47 PM

Look at coverage maps for your area and places you typical go. I found Verizon to have better coverage for me than AT&T. But the big V is expensive. My work phone is AT&T. They seem to trade off and typical have about the same level of coverage overall for me. Sometime a bit stronger in some areas, weaker in others. No major differences for me from Ashburn and the Dulles/DC area that I have found. Further out I think Verizon has an advantage.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

July 16, 2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg View Post
Look at coverage maps for your area and places you typical go.
Yup.

For me coverage is #1, service plan is #2.

I've used Verizon & Sprint. I went with Sprint because coverage is great at my house and Verizon coverage is not. A bonus is the 4G implementation and unlimited data I get with Sprint. At work I get 12meg down and 8 meg up on my Sprint phone. At home my Sprint data speed is considerably faster yet and I can download as much as I want and not get hit with extra charges.

Sprint has run fiber to all their towers in my area so the infrastructure is in place to handle the data demands for some time to come. A lot of other providers out here are still using copper T1's (I know because we provide them, lol) so data transfer speeds suck.

There's bold riders and old riders, but damn few bold old riders.
Unread
  (#11)
Im Always Down to Ride

July 16, 2013, 07:20 PM

Well, looks like it is basically impossible to get any plan that totals less than $80 a month even with my discount. That sort of pisses me off. I mean my phone sits inside most of the time and I only have it in hand in the evenings and weekends. So I would basically be increasing my bill by $17 a month for faster internet. Hmmm damn you Sprint.

Unread
  (#12)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

July 16, 2013, 09:37 PM

So cut out your home land line and save the difference. I know a lot of people have moved to that. No real reason to keep it now really.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#13)
Im Always Down to Ride

July 17, 2013, 06:08 AM

Home plan is Verizon Triple Play and the wife kills the home line plus pays for the utils so no need to remove it. I am still working it. I will figure out a way to make it happen.

Unread
  (#14)
Traction Control

July 17, 2013, 07:45 AM

I just got the new iphone on ATT so it's my first time on their new 4G network. I'm blown away at the speed and coverage. It's great

however, I'm in Denver. If DC gets what we have, you will not be dissapointed

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#15)
GP Racer

July 17, 2013, 07:53 AM

If you plan to stick with Sprint, check out Virgin Mobile too. They cost less over the course of 2 years vs a comparable Sprint plan and use Sprint towers.

-Nate
'15 R1200GS
'13 HP4
'08 YZF-R6