DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 779
1 members and 778 guests
hokie
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Wolverine 2 - Characters and Plot Revealed
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Wolverine 2 - Characters and Plot Revealed - October 28, 2010, 09:47 PM

I hope they don't fuck this up again...
But knowing Hollywood, they'll combine Silver Samurai and Silver Surfer. Make him a Samurai who rides a surf board and has cosmic powers.

The main characters in ‘Wolverine 2′ are revealed along with basic plot details for each. Find out who Logan meets when he goes to Japan.

Wolverine 2 will tell the story Hugh Jackman wanted to tell when he first signed on for his own X-Men spin-off movie. Based on Frank Miller and Chris Claremont’s Wolverine comics from the 1980s, Wolverine 2 will take us to Japan in what is one of the most popular and famous Wolverine stories to date.

When X-Men Origins: Wolverine’s release on home video was being promoted last summer, producer Lauren Shuler Donner stated that Wolverine 2 would give fans of the books a much more accurate translation from page to screen. “Certainly in ‘Wolverine 2,’ in the Japanese saga, we will stay very close to the source material,” Donner explained. “I think it’s just best that way.”

Now we finally have a clue as to how true this may be in the case of Wolverine 2…

While Donner’s words represent the usual media-trained response any and all producers would say about most comic book adaptations these days, we haven’t had a good read on what Oscar-winning writer Christopher McQuarrie is doing with the story of Wolverine 2 until today, with Pajiba’s exclusive report on the main characters included in the sequel. Here’s their list with a brief explanation of their role in the plot:

Logan: After getting into trouble in his native Canada, Zen, Japanese man, arranges for Logan’s release and offers to answer questions about his origin if he’ll accompany him to Tokyo.
Shingen His late father was the Master of the Hand, but rather than allow Shingen to take on the role, he killed himself and left the Hand masterless, hoping that they would choose Logan as their new Master.

Zen: He finds Logan in jail in Canada and makes him an offer he can’t refuse – to come to Japan and learn about his origin.

Kenuichio/Silver Samurai: He’s the illegitimate son of Shingen, but Shingen refuses to acknowledge him as an heir. He’s also an expert Samurai, and he attacks Logan several times as a “Silver Samurai” with electrified armor.

Mariko: Shingen’s daughter. Shingen has arranged her marriage to the corrupt Noburo, but when Logan saves her life, they fall for one another.

Yukio: Logan’s bodyguard. They have an immediate physical attraction. She’s also still partially loyal to Shingen and reports back to him, but she’s more loyal to Logan, who she considers her master.

Noburo Moro: Minister of Justice. He’s corrupt – in the back pocket of the Yakuza – and Shingen’s arranged for him to marry Mariko.

Viper: Noburo’s secretary. She’s in league with both Shingen and Kenuichio, her lover, but she’s ultimately more loyal to Shingen.

Frank Sinatra: Japan’s answer to Frank Sinatra. A Yakuza higher-up who provides Logan with information.

Silver Samurai confirmed in Wolverine 2

Let’s recap. Some mysterious man named Zen brings the memory-wiped Wolverine to Japan where he makes a good impression with the Master of the Hand and the ladies. Master of the Hand’s son, Shingen, has two kids: Logan’s new love interest and the other being the Silver Samurai who happens to be illegitimate and unwanted as the next potential leader. Master of the Hand actually didn’t want Shingen to take over and kills himself in hopes that the Hand will choose Wolverine, the outsider, as their new leader.

Logan has a bodyguard named Yukio who also likes him and sees him as a mentor. She’s loyal to him but also is loyal to Shingen, the father of Logan’s other love interest. The woman Logan really wants, Mariko, is supposed to marry the evil Minister of Justice by Shingen’s arrangement. A bunch of other characters get involved, mutants fight and hilarity ensues.

Over a year ago we discussed the potential villains of Wolverine 2 and it’s no surprise to see who’s included above. For the most part, the characters confirmed are expected and are very similar to their roles in the comics with the exception of Viper. The Silver Samurai is the main antagonist for Wolverine to duel with and an important character in Marvel Comics. In the books, he’s a mutant who has the ability to charge objects – this is likely the cause of his electrifying armor in the film.

Other character details aside, Wolverine 2 will undoubtedly explore Wolverine’s growth as a character where he learns to control his rage and attempt starting a new life. In addition to meditation and learning inner-peace, in the comics Logan is able to learn and master many forms of martial arts during the Japanese saga.

Wolverine 2 begins shooting in March for a 2012 Summer release.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Your Ad Here

October 29, 2010, 09:37 AM

No Wolverine fans?

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#3)
Nubbs ban yourself!

October 29, 2010, 10:34 AM

Broke alot of bones as a kid, Wolverine is who I wanted to be as a kid.
I loved the X-men movies but the first Wolverine fell a little short for me. I hope this one is a little better but I will be there!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train
religion is just a misspelling of superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Once again I forgive you for your self-righteousness, bigotry and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOF...embedded#at=36
http://www.bachbio.com/gunsavelives.htm
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
I got a need for Speed!_!

October 29, 2010, 10:54 AM

I like all the X-Men movies, II was the best, Wolverine was a good movie, maybe not perfect but I still liked it a lot.

TPM Red
AMA#629103
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to thespectralsorrows Send a message via AIM to thespectralsorrows  
Unread
  (#5)
Nubbs ban yourself!

October 29, 2010, 10:56 AM

Sounds like everybodies fucking everybody else in this plot

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train

Quote:
Quote:
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here

October 29, 2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2sport View Post
Sounds like everybodies fucking everybody else in this plot

NC-17 rating.

Unread
  (#7)
opossum puncher

October 29, 2010, 11:13 AM

Im excited wolverine continues to develop as a stand alone film.

Unfortunately my short lived time as a comic fan did not include this portion of Wolverine's history, I know a little bit, but not much, however this might be a benefit when I see this movie.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#8)
konichiwa bitches

Location: Over to the left, up a little more....right there!!....FFX
October 29, 2010, 11:26 AM

This is the story that vaulted Wolverine into the ranks of A-List characters. Pretty much the definitive Wolvie story arc but it is going to be interesting to see how they handle it and if they are able to keep it close to the original.

I like the X-Men movies...not love, like 'em. They did some things right and some things wrong. The Wolverine movie they screwed the pooch on sooooo many things.

Leslie

XBOX 360 - Neros Lament

"I'm pretty sure God would consider it a sin not to glorify that ass."

http://www.mrsimcard.com/
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to lqdgrphcs Send a message via AIM to lqdgrphcs  
Unread
  (#9)
kin
Batman wants my bike

October 29, 2010, 11:30 AM

they messed up the first one so bad im not really expecting much from this

06 R6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kin  
Unread
  (#10)
Your Ad Here

October 29, 2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqdgrphcs View Post
This is the story that vaulted Wolverine into the ranks of A-List characters. Pretty much the definitive Wolvie story arc but it is going to be interesting to see how they handle it and if they are able to keep it close to the original.

I like the X-Men movies...not love, like 'em. They did some things right and some things wrong. The Wolverine movie they screwed the pooch on sooooo many things.

Leslie
No, this guy did:
Jets Fan Screws The Pooch

Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

October 29, 2010, 12:15 PM

Any ideas about release date?
Unread
  (#12)
Nubbs ban yourself!

October 29, 2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
Any ideas about release date?
Summer 2012

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train

Quote:
Quote:
-Benjamin Franklin
Unread
  (#13)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

October 29, 2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqdgrphcs View Post

Leslie
Huge Comic fan from 1984 (secret Wars/spiderman in black) time eara X-men team 2 (wolv, storm, night crawler, colosus,etc) up until about 6 years ago.

Its going to be hard to squeeze this 12 month story into a 2 hour movie.
Im going to dig up the books i brought back then.

I wonder if they are going to put in that he gets Makiro pregnant and hint at his son (Daken) that have the same powers?

then again they dont have the rights to him

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#14)
Your Ad Here

October 29, 2010, 01:37 PM

^^^Draken put an ass whooping on The Punisher.

Unread
  (#15)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

May 17, 2011, 02:14 PM

Oh ...ment to post that this got cancled....

Darren Aronofsky Quits Wolverine 2, But the Reality Is, He Was Never On It in the First Place

Word came down today that Darren Aronofsky, the Oscar-nominated director of Black Swan, would no longer be directing Wolverine 2, citing travel concerns. Others suggest that the real reason is because Fox wouldn’t give him the sort of control over the project that Warner Brothers gives Christopher Nolan on the The Dark Knight flicks.
But the reality is this: Darren Aronofsky was never attached to direct Wolverine 2. It was all a conspiracy by the movie blogger contingent to create page views. They have had a field day with this story, first floating rumors that Aronofsky would direct, then posting stories confirming it, and now, announcing that Aronofsky has dropped out of the project. That’s three to ten highly-trafficked posts, depending on the site, all for nothing except for providing a little piece of their souls to the ringleader, Nikki Finke. That’s how she gets all those scoops over at Deadline — she exchanges pieces of other people’s souls for them (having given away her entire soul by 1989).
Indeed, I stand by what I wrote in an exclusive last October:
Folks, despite what Deadline might have you believe, Aronofsky is not going to direct Wolverine 2. And I’ll tell you why. It’s simple: Aronofsky makes good movies (OK, there may be some debate about The Fountain, but still). Aronofsky is not going to pull a Ratner and take a sequel to a shitty spin-off movie. He’s got more sense than that. He took six years off between Requiem for a Dream and The Fountain. The man has patience, and he knows that Black Swan is going to fetch him much better offers than Woflman Jackman in Japan.
So, if you’ve read headlines suggesting that Aronofky is going to direct Wolverine 2, don’t worry about it.

It’s as true today as it was in October: Darren Aronofsky will never direct Wolverine 2.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin