DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 565
1 members and 564 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Woman gets five years for branding lover
Unread
  (#1)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

Woman gets five years for branding lover - June 13, 2008, 12:50 PM

NEW YORK - A Manhattan woman who admitted she forcibly branded an "R" on a former lover's body with a hot iron has been sentenced to five years in prison.

Kristina Caban was sentenced for what state Supreme Court Justice Michael Obus called a "bizarre" crime that was "not remotely justifiable."

Prosecutors say 23-year-old Caban hatched the plan against Samir Sara for having sex with her once in 2004 and never calling her again.

Prosecutors say Caban enlisted new boyfriend Robert Testagrossa to help brand a four-inch-high "R" on 23-year-old Samir's abdomen in October 2006.

Caban and 27-year-old Testagrossa pleaded guilty to assault in August 2007. She was allowed to graduate from the School of Visual Arts before going to prison.

Defense lawyer James Friedman calls Caban "a good kid" who "exercised poor judgment and got herself into a bad situation."

BACKGROUND STORY

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10292006...rk_bulliet.htm

October 29, 2006 -- A scorned woman launched a twisted attack against an old lover, when she allegedly lured him to a seedy Chelsea hotel where she had two thugs brand him with an "R" - because he never called her after they hooked up, police sources said.
Kristina Caban, 21, had a liaison with Samir Sara, 23, in 2004 - but she still burned so hot for him that she allegedly ambushed him last week and had her cohorts sear the 4-inch letter into the side of his torso, law-enforcement sources said.

The 21-year-old Manhattan woman was being held last night on $35,000 on charges of kidnapping, robbery and assault in the startling attack last Sunday.
One of the men who allegedly branded Sara is Robert Testagrossa, 25, of East 25th Street - the son of two high-powered prosecutors, police sources said.

He was charged yesterday with robbery, unlawful imprisonment, assault with disfigurement, kidnapping and criminal impersonation.

The identity of the second assailant wasn't known yesterday.
Caban allegedly told cops that the couple's long-ago sex encounter was forced - leading cops to initially think the "R" was for rape, a law enforcement source said.

After questioning, however, she backed off that excuse for the sinister searing, and finally conceded that she was angry that Sara had ended things between them, the source said.
"They had sex several years ago and she was angry because he didn't contact her," the source said.

When contacted by The Post, Sara was simply red with embarrassment.
"Nobody needs to know what happened to me - it's nobody's business," he said.
Testagrossa's father, Charles A. Testagrossa, is the executive assistant district attorney for major crimes under Queens District Attorney Richard Brown. His mother, Maria Testagrossa, is a lawyer in the Nassau County DA's Office.

The younger Testagrossa once worked in the Queens DA's office as a paralegal, records show.

Sara hadn't even told his family the full details of the story - only that his attackers had robbed him of $10.

"It's messed up that the kid got robbed, especially if their parents are all that. I don't know why they took his money then," said Sara's 25-year-old brother.
It wasn't clear how Caban met Testagrossa, but a neighbor said Caban referred to herself as his girlfriend.
The series of events that led to the white-hot iron attack began sometime last Sunday, when the pair met at the Half King bar in Chelsea for drinks, according to a source familiar with the case.

As they got reacquainted, Caban suggested they retire to the Chelsea Inn on West 23rd Street and 11th Avenue, the source said.

But the meeting was not a rekindling of love - it was a brutal trap.

Caban had allegedly arranged for Testagrossa and the other man to be waiting in Room 212 - a 9-by-12-foot space with cigarette burns on the furniture and gaudy green carpeting.

When Caban and Sara arrived last Sunday, the men inside allegedly punched him in the face, robbed him of $10 and took his cellphone, a source said.

Testagrossa allegedly produced a badge and shouted at him: "I'm a Long Island police officer, get on the ground."

According to the source, one of the assailants was armed with a gun, the other with a Taser.

No weapons were fired in the attack.
The men allegedly restrained Sara with duct tape and pulled down his pants.
Then the victim suddenly felt "something hot," the source said. It was not clear what sort of implement was used to brand the victim.

After the assailants left, the stunned and bleeding Samir bit through the tape and began screaming, alerting a guest in the next room.
Chelsea Inn manager Ali Asgar vividly recalled the events that night, saying two men rented Room 212 for $84 in cash, saying "their cousin will be here soon."
"She was only up there for 10 minutes, and then came back down and asked for her ID back," he recalled. "Then she left."
Seven or eight minutes later, the two original renters came down, returning the key to the room, he said.

Two minutes after that, Asgar said he got a panicked call from the guest in Room 214.
"The guy in 212, he needs help!" Asgar quoted the distraught caller saying.
Asgar said he sent up an attendant, who found Samir bound about the eyes, mouth, wrists and ankles.

"Call police - there's something wrong," the panicked attendant told Asgar.
Police raced to the scene and seized the duct tape and a pillow case - but found no equipment that might have been used in the branding.

"I feel very bad this happened in my place, but I cannot refuse people a room," he said. "I was very busy at the time. They looked fine."
"I thought they were Europeans - but they had no luggage."

At the Slate Hill home of Caban's parents, a man and woman screamed at a reporter to leave the property and said their daughter does not live at the Orange County address any longer.

Attempts to reach Testagrossa or a representative were unsuccessful.
Additional reporting by Erin Calabrese and Larry Celona brad.hamilton@nypost.com

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#2)
Road Kill

June 13, 2008, 12:54 PM

Adrian... you better watch your ass! Some chick is going to burn you... and i'm not talk'n STDs either!

1999 Yamaha R6... from the track, back to the street
www.mmsports.org
SJS Customs

YaoMatt:Here's a free bit of advice: Put down the fucking ho-ho!!! And I don't mean your daughter.

Bexxx: yeah my ass was a wee bit sore after that
BabyBusa04: MY ASS IS SORE AS HELL
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JMURACN  
Unread
  (#3)
singin sweet home alabama

June 13, 2008, 12:54 PM

Hell hath no fury...

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#4)
Largely Unsupervised....

June 13, 2008, 01:00 PM

How the hell did she ever think she was going to get away with this master plan? Very curious as to the significance of the "R" and where the brand was actually administered. One statement says "stomach", another "torso", then it referrences pulling the pants down which would not be necessary for either.

Twisted young lady there. Stalker.

--------------

This has been another fine contribution from Captain Craptastic.

2014 Harley Street Glide
'08 Brass Balls Bobber
'04 KTM 625 SMC
'78 Honda CB750K (soon to be mated to sidecar)
'07 SSR 125
'99 BMW K1200RS (SOLD)
'95 Honda Z50R (donated to a buddy)
'89 CR500R (SOLD)
'83 Honda CB1100F (SOLD)
'82 Honda CB750F (SOLD)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Let's ride!

June 13, 2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
After questioning, however, she backed off that excuse for the sinister searing, and finally conceded that she was angry that Sara had ended things between them, the source said. "They had sex several years ago and she was angry because he didn't contact her," the source said.
Hello...can we say FATAL ATTRACTION!!

When life hands you Lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to AndiT  
Unread
  (#6)
Mr. Glass

June 13, 2008, 01:08 PM

thats hot!

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#7)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

June 13, 2008, 01:12 PM

I still think she's hot.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#8)
Fair Weather Rider

June 13, 2008, 01:15 PM

Whoa, that's hardcore.... She's hott... in a psycho kinda way.
Unread
  (#9)
Spike

June 13, 2008, 01:16 PM

Branding Johnny wouldn't help me, we have the same first initial!!!

That, and he's never home long enough for me to get the brand hot!

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#10)
The last urrbendah

June 13, 2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I still think she's hot.
Agreed...I'd still hit it...and not call her back....Not that she'd care..

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#11)
SIN MC President

June 13, 2008, 01:50 PM

Adrian would've just thrown her purse... FACK YO PURSE!

#22 TOTNAC
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS MC

Unread
  (#12)
Banned!

June 13, 2008, 01:52 PM

THATS HOT!
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

June 13, 2008, 01:54 PM

she was allowed to graduate before serving her sentence?
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

June 13, 2008, 02:45 PM

i want to know what the "R" was for too. Is that to warn future girls that he's quick and small like an Acura?
Unread
  (#15)
Nubbs ban yourself!

June 13, 2008, 02:46 PM

2 years, WOW I can't hold a grudge for 2 days!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train
religion is just a misspelling of superstition

Quote:
Once again I forgive you for your self-righteousness, bigotry and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOF...embedded#at=36
http://www.bachbio.com/gunsavelives.htm