DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 522
4 members and 518 guests
boomboom929, GRN96WS6, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Wow I've never felt this way before.
Unread
  (#1)
Stercus accidit

Wow I've never felt this way before. - August 29, 2007, 11:54 AM

There is actually a presidential candidate whom i agree with almost 100%. His name is Ron Paul, this is a small video about him. I'm not here to argue politics just to share my views. For the first time since I can remember I feel like I really am rooting for one guy over the next. He's not the same as the rest of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7d_e9lrcZ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_HuFtP8w8

If you want to learn more google or youtube Ron Paul.

Last edited by Harvey_TT600; August 29, 2007 at 12:05 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Harvey_TT600  
Unread
  (#2)
singin sweet home alabama

August 29, 2007, 12:00 PM

I didn't realize he was running as a Republican.

Reading up on him - I don't think he has a chance in hell, too conservative for a country turning back to the left. Personally, I disagree with about 60% of his positions.

Positions (from Wikipedia) - broken into bullets -

FOR-AGAINST -OTHER POSITIONS AND ACTIONS -
  • Paul opposes illegal immigration, birthright citizenship and amnesty. Paul wants to reduce legal immigration and voted "yes" on the Secure Fence Act of 2006.
  • Paul is pro-life, but, consistent with his opposition to federal power,
  • he is in favor of allowing each state to decide whether to allow or prohibit abortion, instead of the federal government. He introduced The Sanctity of Life Act of 2005, a bill that would have both defined human life to begin at conception, and removed jurisdiction over abortion prohibitions from the federal courts.[101] Defining embryos and fetuses as persons would cause abortion to be treated as murder and outlaw stem cell research and some contraception and fertility treatments.[102][103] Paul says that the Roe v. Wade decision was unconstitutional, and should be overturned, because the Federal government is not authorized to decide such controversies.[104]
  • Also in 2005, Paul introduced the We the People Act, which, if made law, would forbid federal courts (including the Supreme Court) from hearing cases on subjects such as the display of religious text and imagery on government property, abortion, sexual practices, and same-sex marriage, would make federal court decisions on those subjects non-binding as precedent in state courts, and would forbid federal courts from spending any money to enforce their judgments.[105]

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."

Last edited by DvlsAdvc8; August 29, 2007 at 12:07 PM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#3)
Stercus accidit

August 29, 2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8
I didn't realize he was running as a Republican.
Ya thats true but when you think about it he's more republican than any of the other GOP candidates.
Unread
  (#4)
DAS BOOT

August 29, 2007, 12:05 PM

that was an interesting video- thanks for sharing it.

Wow. Just..................wow.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Eddie would go ...

August 29, 2007, 12:18 PM

vote for him..he will kick me out

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#6)
Derpentine Dealer

August 29, 2007, 12:20 PM

Rupaul for prez.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#7)
whoa preppy......

August 29, 2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude
Rupaul for prez.

He'd be both president AND first lady.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
singin sweet home alabama

August 29, 2007, 12:33 PM

Things I think he has wrong, just for discussion, I don't mean to piss in your cheerios - I'd like to hear what other people think.

Voluntary School Prayer - it already exists - it just isn't conducted on school time or in an institutionalized manner. Nothing stops you and your friends from getting together before or after class and praying.

Free Market Healthcare - obviously he's one of the few people who actually believe this system is working well. I believe in a certain level of coverage for everyone (ie - national healthcare), with the ability to buy premium service. Healthcare ought to be assured to everyone in the same manner that one is assured the fire department or police will come. IMO, its utilitarian nature ought to make it a public service.

I have nothing against NAFTA or WTO.

What does he plan on replacing the income tax with?

I favor NATO and the UN as mechanisms to moderate the actions of nations - if we want it to apply to others, we should abide by it as well.

Against funding same-sex adoption? But for funding hetero adoption? No, fund ADOPTION, or don't fund ADOPTION.

Removing federal oversight of education would result in an even larger disparity in education across this country - where a place like Wyoming might view education in lesser regard than a place like Connecticuit. The rural - suburban gap would grow IMO.

Who doesn't oppose ILLEGAL imigration? He's too nativist for my taste.

He's pro-life - but qualifies it by saying states should decide. That's too wishy washy for me. It's murder everywhere, or its not. Women have rights to control over their bodies, or they don't. His position would lead to it being illegal to go to the next state over to have an abortion - or by not doing so, be a de facto pro-choice, with added inconvenience. I'm also very high on stem cell research - which he would limit or oppose.

The "We The People Act" is a terrible peice of legistlation IMO - and is an attack on the first amendment among other things.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#9)
Meh

August 29, 2007, 12:37 PM

He might get my vote
Unread
  (#10)
Meh

August 29, 2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Things I think he has wrong, just for discussion, I don't mean to piss in your cheerios - I'd like to hear what other people think.

Voluntary School Prayer - it already exists - it just isn't conducted on school time or in an institutionalized manner. Nothing stops you and your friends from getting together before or after class and praying.

Free Market Healthcare - obviously he's one of the few people who actually believe this system is working well. I believe in a certain level of coverage for everyone (ie - national healthcare), with the ability to buy premium service. Healthcare ought to be assured to everyone in the same manner that one is assured the fire department or police will come. IMO, its utilitarian nature ought to make it a public service.

What does he plan on replacing the income tax with?

I favor NATO and the UN as mechanisms to moderate the actions of nations - if we want it to apply to others, we should abide by it as well.

Against funding same-sex adoption? But for funding hetero adoption? No, fund ADOPTION, or don't fund ADOPTION.

Removing federal oversight of education would result in an even larger disparity in education across this country - where a place like Wyoming might view education in lesser regard than a place like Connecticuit. The rural - suburban gap would grow IMO.

Who doesn't oppose ILLEGAL imigration? He's too nativist for my taste.

He's pro-life - but qualifies it by saying states should decide. That's too wishy washy for me. It's murder everywhere, or its not. Women have rights to control over their bodies, or they don't. His position would lead to it being illegal to go to the next state over to have an abortion - or by not doing so, be a de facto pro-choice, with added inconvenience. I'm also very high on stem cell research - which he would limit or oppose.

The "We The People Act" is a terrible peice of legistlation IMO - and is an attack on the first amendment among other things.
Here we go. Don't you have a job...?
Unread
  (#11)
Stercus accidit

August 29, 2007, 12:40 PM

School Prayer- He is saying the same thing you are, no laws needed.

Health Care - I agree with you, we are a rich enough nation that we should easily be able to afford free healthcare for everyone. Ron Paul does too, he wants to cut spending elsewhere so we have extra money for education and health care. It is perfectly reasonable for a free market system to exist with full coverage for everyone.

All this stuff is in the video? Did you watch it?
Unread
  (#12)
Derpentine Dealer

August 29, 2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot
He'd be both president AND first lady.
Also hate to imagine the potential intern scandals.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#13)
rdg
best avatar in the biz

August 29, 2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Government can't maintain a bridge but you want to entrust it with your healthcare?

Quote:
One is sending jobs out of the country, the other is bankrupting developing nations (and both are using our tax dollars to do it)

Quote:
NATO is a defense organization. When was the last time the UN productively did anything? It won't even acknowledge Taiwan as a nation. And most if its activities in the last two decades were something we started and then it went "woah woah put us in charge!"

Quote:
How condescending of you to imply that Wyoming citizens can't govern themselves and thus you must do it for them.

Quote:
[SIZE=2]He's pro-life - but qualifies it by saying states should decide. That's too wishy washy for me.
Yea, uh, buddy, he's a conservative. Us real conservatives are pro states rights and state governments and give the bird to the federal government. Thusly, Ron Paul believes most things shouldn't be decided by the Fed to begin with, but that doesn't mean he has no beliefs of his own.

I can't watch the video at work so I can't comment on anything inside of it.
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

August 29, 2007, 01:36 PM

He wouldn't replace the IRS It's junk. He'd also get rid of the Federal Reserve and go back to the gold standard.
Unread
  (#15)
Pleased to meet me

August 29, 2007, 01:36 PM

Not to hijack but I picked up a quarter at the toll plaza yesterday. You can find them cause the cagers can't reach them. The toll lady told me not to do that. I said it wasn't her quarter. She said it was the State's...