DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 565
1 members and 564 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
WOW, people are dumb about buying shit
Unread
  (#1)
Traction Control

WOW, people are dumb about buying shit - August 3, 2009, 11:08 AM

found this on another forum. I can't believe this kid bought a bike.

read below and post up your dumbest buying decisions. I wanna see if anyone has a worse story than this kid.

"Long story short, buying my bike wasn't the best idea. I'm entering my freshman year at the University of Iowa, and, I'm from illinois. So not only is college ****ing expensive, I'm out of state. They lured me in with Yamaha's promo of $69 a month. That is until I get my bill and realize that when I write a check for $100, 60 something is just the finance charges. I do not want to be making payments like this, I'll end up paying something outrageous, (I wouldn't even want to add it up and see the number)

My plan was to take out student loans and just pay it off, not worry about it while I'm at school and not worry about having to find a job. It makes sense, I work 30 hrs/week max right now, for only a few more weeks before I leave for school. After I graduate I'll be making atleast 50K my first year, it'd be incredibly easy for me to pay off that student loan then..

However, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do that, so I might have to sell it. I'm new to all of this though, so I'm not sure how I would go about that. Would I just list it like normal, advertise it, then when I get the money, pay it off and get the title then give it to whomever? And that's only if I get enough that is still owed on it. Do you guys have any advice, or knowledge about this situation?"

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#2)
Officially Addicted to Posting

August 3, 2009, 11:25 AM

typical consumer.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Railing!

August 3, 2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post

read below and post up your dumbest buying decisions. I wanna see if anyone has a worse story than this kid.

"Long story short, buying my bike wasn't the best idea. I'm entering my freshman year at the University of Iowa, and, I'm from illinois. So not only is college ****ing expensive, I'm out of state. They lured me in with Yamaha's promo of $69 a month. That is until I get my bill and realize that when I write a check for $100, 60 something is just the finance charges. I do not want to be making payments like this, I'll end up paying something outrageous, (I wouldn't even want to add it up and see the number)

My plan was to take out student loans and just pay it off, not worry about it while I'm at school and not worry about having to find a job. It makes sense, I work 30 hrs/week max right now, for only a few more weeks before I leave for school. After I graduate I'll be making atleast 50K my first year, it'd be incredibly easy for me to pay off that student loan then..

However, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do that, so I might have to sell it. I'm new to all of this though, so I'm not sure how I would go about that. Would I just list it like normal, advertise it, then when I get the money, pay it off and get the title then give it to whomever? And that's only if I get enough that is still owed on it. Do you guys have any advice, or knowledge about this situation?"

I don't have any stories about people being dumb about buying stuff. But I did read a thread about someone who was dumb about selling stuff. It's a pretty good one:

Click Here

Unread
  (#4)
Traction Control

August 3, 2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akapero View Post
I don't have any stories about people being dumb about buying stuff. But I did read a thread about someone who was dumb about selling stuff. It's a pretty good one:

Click Here

BAHAHAHAHA, nah. that one is dumb about selling stuff. wait, no, FUCKING STUPID AS HELL about selling stuff.

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#5)
Site Owner

August 3, 2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akapero View Post

Click Here

Epic!

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#6)
USSA

August 3, 2009, 11:54 AM

lol ownt

I Have Nothing To Contribute.

Chicks are like jobs...all the good ones are taken and they can't pay you enough to do the ones that are available.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArrrSV  
Unread
  (#7)
opossum puncher

August 3, 2009, 12:08 PM

SNL had a great skit with Steve Martin, "Dont buy stuff you cant afford" www.hulu.com/watch/1389/dont-buy-stuff

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

August 3, 2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post

That would be a microcosm of why the economy went to hell, particularly the housing side of it...
Unread
  (#9)
Traction Control

August 3, 2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctex View Post
That would be a microcosm of why the economy went to hell, particularly the housing side of it...
yep. totally sucks. I feel bad for the kid cause now he's stuck with this bike and if he tries to sell, he's gonna be like 2k in the hole

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

August 3, 2009, 01:04 PM

I am convinced that the auto/credit card/etc industries put out these retarded stories to make other people feel better about the fact that they are financing on somewhat better terms (instead of paying cash, like they should for their toys/depreciating assets). You know what I mean? People read sob stories about 100K credit card debt and all the sudden their 5K debt seems just dandy...

This is also why there aren't all that many good deals on new bikes. Too many people don't have titles and want to sell their bikes for what they owe on them.
Unread
  (#11)
TPG og

August 3, 2009, 01:06 PM

why t.f. would you buy a bike with only 30 hours of work a week?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#12)
Traction Control

August 3, 2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witold View Post
I am convinced that the auto/credit card/etc industries put out these retarded stories to make other people feel better about the fact that they are financing on somewhat better terms (instead of paying cash, like they should for their toys/depreciating assets). You know what I mean? People read sob stories about 100K credit card debt and all the sudden their 5K debt seems just dandy...

This is also why there aren't all that many good deals on new bikes. Too many people don't have titles and want to sell their bikes for what they owe on them.
this one's a thread on another forum. i don't think it's a story

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#13)
Traction Control

August 3, 2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00STZX3 View Post
why t.f. would you buy a bike with only 30 hours of work a week?

dude, it'll get you laid broa

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#14)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

August 3, 2009, 01:22 PM

My friend did the same exact thing, dropped it but then found some idiot to buy for how much he bought it for to begin with! and then heres the kicker, after the transaction the kid was like my mom wont let me have it in the house, can you hold onto it...
Unread
  (#15)
Radda, Radda, Radda

August 3, 2009, 01:27 PM

Wait till the kid buys a house and finds out how much of that payment goes towards principal and how much towards interest!