DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 591
2 members and 589 guests
davidcycle, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
WTF!!!! Caught my dog eating
Unread
  (#1)
Disturbed is who I be
 
Zagg87t's Avatar
 
Posts: 458
Join Date: May 1, 2006
Location: P.G. County
Angry WTF!!!! Caught my dog eating - February 20, 2007, 01:56 AM

his own SH*T!!!! DISGUSTING!!!! Shiba Inu (correct spelling?) is what I have. Picked him up from the pound when he wuz a pup....great dog till I noticed this mess now. He's a lil over 6 months now...up to date on all of his shots, nutz been clipped, blah blah blah..... The bastard is house trained of course and as far as I know he's happy. I'm soooo pissed...to the animal lovers I'm only venting because I have a 3 year old and I dont condone him being around my son now....who the hell knows how long this sh*t been going on??? He's gotta go...


I'd rather be riding my Bike think'n about God than be in Church think'n about my Bike.

"Da PrOwLeR"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ
 
R6speed's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,469
Join Date: February 10, 2007
Location: Virginia Beach VA
February 20, 2007, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagg87t
his own SH*T!!!! DISGUSTING!!!! Shiba Inu (correct spelling?) is what I have. Picked him up from the pound when he wuz a pup....great dog till I noticed this mess now. He's a lil over 6 months now...up to date on all of his shots, nutz been clipped, blah blah blah..... The bastard is house trained of course and as far as I know he's happy. I'm soooo pissed...to the animal lovers I'm only venting because I have a 3 year old and I dont condone him being around my son now....who the hell knows how long this sh*t been going on??? He's gotta go...
dont get upset, it is a common problem. go talk to a vet and he will give you stuff to make him stop. if you still want to get rid of him..... let me know.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
Far from a rookie!!!!!
 
boogie_gsxr26's Avatar
 
Posts: 626
Join Date: January 11, 2007
Location: Northern Va.
February 20, 2007, 06:10 AM

dam i remember when i saw my dog when it was a puppy acting like he was going 2 eat his til i started plucking his nose. yes that shit is nasty, my neighbors dogs do it. good luck
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to boogie_gsxr26 Send a message via AIM to boogie_gsxr26  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!
 
ArRrR6's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,864
Join Date: September 8, 2005
Location: Murrrrland
February 20, 2007, 07:22 AM

Man dont sweat it dogs do that. Your dog is a real shit head sorry I could not help it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
dDubyalicious
 
dDubya's Avatar
 
Posts: 117
Join Date: May 15, 2006
Location: Kingstowne
February 20, 2007, 07:30 AM

Don't sweat it, dogs do that nasty shit till you catch 'em in the act. You have to watch him when he poos and pick up what he leaves. When he goes for the nibble, bonk him on the snout and say "NO!" He'll get the message.


- Safe Sex is a Padded Headboard
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
> 6'3" need not apply!
 
stacey86's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,773
Join Date: May 19, 2005
Location: Ashburn, VA
February 20, 2007, 07:46 AM

It IS disguisting and one of my dogs just started doing that ish too! I think she first started doing it because she knew she would get in trouble for pooping in her crate and she cleaned up the mess. Then she must have liked it. I caught her doing it outside and almost kicked the sh#t out of her! She knows she'll get in trouble if she does it but if she can sneak it, I'm sure she will. There is some stuff called Dis-Taste that you can give them to make it more unattractive to them. I haven't gotten it yet but I plan to. My dog is a year old now and she may not be around until she's 2 if she keeps this up. It is just nasty and I don't want her around me.

check out this website: www.drfostersmith.com and search for that stuff.


Stacey
______________________________
Orange/Black 2009 GSXR 600
Yellow/Black 2004 GSXR 750 SOLD
Yellow/Black 2000 GSXR 600 SOLD
Blue 2005 SV650S (totaled)

  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
Still here
 
vstargidget's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,838
Join Date: June 9, 2006
Location: Bristow
February 20, 2007, 07:49 AM

There's a powder the Dr will give you to sprinkle on his food! He can get over it, it IS a common problem.


02 1100 VStar

I've got a bike and I ride it year round. Nuff said

.Net - Those that care, post.
Those that don't care, seem to post too.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
( * )|( * )
 
deviousR6's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,837
Join Date: June 15, 2004
February 20, 2007, 07:51 AM

That's common, it has to do with a combination of stress/diet/habit.

You could try switching up the food to see if it cures the issue. One of my rotts used to not only eat his own crap but ANY crap! His nickname was "shiteater"

He did this as a puppy and eventually stopped...thank goodness...


Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore
 
Christa525's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,236
Join Date: October 6, 2004
Location: Herndon
February 20, 2007, 09:16 AM

People really get rid of their dogs for eating poop? Seriously? I get that it's a gross problem, but one that can be solved by maybe cleaning their up??? Or doing minimal research to figure out the problem and fixing it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Christa525 Send a message via AIM to Christa525  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
Ling Long
 
YaoMatt's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,183
Join Date: June 13, 2006
February 20, 2007, 09:23 AM

My dog eats poop! Why does she do this, and how can I get her to stop?




Dogs will commonly eat their own as well as other animals' feces. Puppies are known to eat their own excrement during paper training and housebreaking, and it is believed to be due to a combination of physiological and behavioral factors.
On the physiological side, since the digestion of food is not always complete, puppies still see nutrient value in their feces and view it as a snack. Often dogs are attracted to undigested rice, corn or peanuts in their stool if they happen to consume these foods. Maximizing digestion can help solve this problem. To do so, add enzyme supplements to their food, such as meat tenderizer (from the supermarket), papaya extract (a natural enzyme available at health food stores) or products from pet supply stores especially designed to help dogs digest. Mix the enzyme powder in each meal, and let it sit for 15 minutes prior to feeding it to your pet. This should eliminate the presence of anything they view as "good" in their stool. It will not help with the peanuts or corn, but these foods should not be fed to your pet in any event.
Another way to discourage coprophagy (the medical term for eating poop) is to coat the stools with hot sauce or vinegar, thereby making the experience of eating it unpleasant (as if it seemed great thus far!). Sometimes owners have to go to the extreme measure of injecting the stool with hot sauce so the pet gets the full extent of the bad flavor. Yet another method is through products which taste good when mixed in the pet's food and eaten, but turn bitter when excreted in the pet's feces (isn't science great?). Doing this or the hot sauce method for one to two weeks is usually enough to convince a dog that their food bowl is a safer spot for snacks. On the behavioral side, many pets eat their stool during the training stages because they become confused about whether to go to the bathroom on or off the paper or outdoors. Just as potty training for kids is tough, telling a dog when and where to eliminate is emotionally stressful. They will feel bad about going in the wrong place and destroy the evidence by eating it. Owners often call me because they are concerned that their puppy has not had a bowel movement in a few days, but it usually turns out to be a case of recycling.


U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
Super Moderator
 
Scorpion9R's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,648
Join Date: November 30, 2003
Location: Washington Metropolitan Area
February 20, 2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt
My dog eats poop! Why does she do this, and how can I get her to stop?




Dogs will commonly eat their own as well as other animals' feces. Puppies are known to eat their own excrement during paper training and housebreaking, and it is believed to be due to a combination of physiological and behavioral factors.
On the physiological side, since the digestion of food is not always complete, puppies still see nutrient value in their feces and view it as a snack. Often dogs are attracted to undigested rice, corn or peanuts in their stool if they happen to consume these foods. Maximizing digestion can help solve this problem. To do so, add enzyme supplements to their food, such as meat tenderizer (from the supermarket), papaya extract (a natural enzyme available at health food stores) or products from pet supply stores especially designed to help dogs digest. Mix the enzyme powder in each meal, and let it sit for 15 minutes prior to feeding it to your pet. This should eliminate the presence of anything they view as "good" in their stool. It will not help with the peanuts or corn, but these foods should not be fed to your pet in any event.
Another way to discourage coprophagy (the medical term for eating poop) is to coat the stools with hot sauce or vinegar, thereby making the experience of eating it unpleasant (as if it seemed great thus far!). Sometimes owners have to go to the extreme measure of injecting the stool with hot sauce so the pet gets the full extent of the bad flavor. Yet another method is through products which taste good when mixed in the pet's food and eaten, but turn bitter when excreted in the pet's feces (isn't science great?). Doing this or the hot sauce method for one to two weeks is usually enough to convince a dog that their food bowl is a safer spot for snacks. On the behavioral side, many pets eat their stool during the training stages because they become confused about whether to go to the bathroom on or off the paper or outdoors. Just as potty training for kids is tough, telling a dog when and where to eliminate is emotionally stressful. They will feel bad about going in the wrong place and destroy the evidence by eating it. Owners often call me because they are concerned that their puppy has not had a bowel movement in a few days, but it usually turns out to be a case of recycling.

I was just looking for that!


“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell


CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#12)
> 6'3" need not apply!
 
stacey86's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,773
Join Date: May 19, 2005
Location: Ashburn, VA
February 20, 2007, 09:43 AM

I was going to mention the meat tenderizer, but I knew it didn't work. I had heard that one before, but it didn't work for a dog that I used to have that did this.

If someone can go as far as putting hot sauce on the dot , why not just pick it up?


Stacey
______________________________
Orange/Black 2009 GSXR 600
Yellow/Black 2004 GSXR 750 SOLD
Yellow/Black 2000 GSXR 600 SOLD
Blue 2005 SV650S (totaled)

  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ
 
ladypink600rr's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,887
Join Date: November 25, 2005
Location: Crofton, MD
February 20, 2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christa525
People really get rid of their dogs for eating poop? Seriously? I get that it's a gross problem, but one that can be solved by maybe cleaning their up??? Or doing minimal research to figure out the problem and fixing it.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#14)
Retired to most ...
 
JohnnySpeed1KRR's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,646
Join Date: May 17, 2005
Location: NoVa
February 20, 2007, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6
That's common, it has to do with a combination of stress/diet/habit.

You could try switching up the food to see if it cures the issue. One of my rotts used to not only eat his own crap but ANY crap! His nickname was "shiteater"

He did this as a puppy and eventually stopped...thank goodness...
Changing a dogs diet from one food to another is not a good thing to do. It will mess their stomachs up and you'll have one hell of a mess on your hands.

If you are going to switch foods on them you need to slowly work them into it by mixing the 2 foods 90% old food 10% new, 80% old food 20% new. Their systems are delicate and will NOT react well to sudden changes in diet.


God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#15)
Go Team Venture!!!
 
Jedi's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,326
Join Date: April 23, 2004
Location: Round Hill
February 20, 2007, 10:36 AM

Dogs eat poop becuse they are bored. Same reason they exibit destructive behavior. There are lots of books out there that discuss this. Go spend an hour over at petsmart in the book isle. If you keep your dog crated or stuck in the house all day this will happen. Look into a day care for the dog during the day. Chewie went through a phase of this and the day care put a stop to most of it. He still tries to eat discusting stuff like other dogs poop or the occasional dead animal sometimes and I have to watch for it.


"Whore Force One" pilot
The Whitest of White Boys
Not 40 yet!
The Force is strong in this one
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Send a message via AIM to Jedi Send a message via MSN to Jedi  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.