DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 522
3 members and 519 guests
boomboom929, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
MSF Student

June 10, 2003, 07:21 AM

They can't even afford a fast car, what puts the idea in their head that they should be trying to drag race us at lights? Are they all masochists?

Dan
00 929
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to DR0NE  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

June 10, 2003, 07:39 AM

Hey hey hey, I resemble that remark, being a longtime Mustang owner I do know several in MD at least 2 of which use to be mine that ran real low 10s 10.18-10.30
and would bust most bikes in the ass. Now as far as the younger 18-24 or so crowd that throw a set of Flowmasters and H-pipe on it I have no reasoning for them.

Rampage "Why you got one shoe on and one shoe off?"
Rashad "Cause i was ready to break one off in your mother****ing ass!"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FUNx1000  
Unread
  (#3)
MSF Student

June 10, 2003, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Hey hey hey, I resemble that remark, being a longtime Mustang owner I do know several in MD at least 2 of which use to be mine that ran real low 10s 10.18-10.30
and would bust most bikes in the ass. Now as far as the younger 18-24 or so crowd that throw a set of Flowmasters and H-pipe on it I have no reasoning for them.
I would have to definitely agree with this. I know of least one Mustang in MD that would bust up a bike pretty good. You might be on two wheels, but that doesn't mean that you are the fastest thing on the road. As the saying goes, "Don't judge a book by it's cover." You better know what you are going up against before you start running at the mouth. You could have the fastest machine, but you still have to have the knowledge & experience to handle it.

Mikey

"Cynical Mind"
M.D.U.L. 69

2000 R6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to 00yamR6 Send a message via AIM to 00yamR6 Send a message via MSN to 00yamR6  
Unread
  (#4)
Groundhogs can play dead

June 10, 2003, 07:49 AM

I would make a comment about the Ford drivers (he he he... ), but sometimes it's fun to race a bike knowing your gonna lose.
Maybe the FORD drivers just want to know what real power looks like, even if its leaving them in the dust (he he he...)
Don't you remember when you were a kid, and you had that POS civic or camaro (don't know who has one of those), and you'd race anyone that you could? Oh yeah... civic vs. vette.... then when you pass them (cause they've slowed down to turn), you consider yourself the winner! that's what real roadracing is all about!!!
:laugh:

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

June 10, 2003, 08:04 AM

Ha ha! I used to do that in my VW Rabbit! I'd get to a traffic light and punch it! Of course when they passed me they were out of the race and the car behind it was all of a sudden in the race and I was winning again!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

June 10, 2003, 08:12 AM

I have friends with mustangs that regularly beat all but the top bikes.

Some stock cars can pull bikes from a roll on. A friend of mine with his M5 pulled a CBR600F3 from a 75mph roll on. Before you say the rider sucks.....it was me on the bike. You know he sucks! lol

Bikes are 10 times worse for aerodynamics for one thing. Torque is another kick in the can for bikes. cept for me

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders
What the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of
Unread
  (#7)
Groundhogs can play dead

June 10, 2003, 08:16 AM

yeah, some cars are awesome. Paul, Brandon, and I raced a Supra... gees o man, I was impressed. I don't think you could even call it a race. We had it pegged and he was letting us keep up!

I now want a Supra

Tanya
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

June 10, 2003, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I would make a comment about the Ford drivers (he he he... ), but sometimes it's fun to race a bike knowing your gonna lose.
Maybe the FORD drivers just want to know what real power looks like, even if its leaving them in the dust (he he he...)
Don't you remember when you were a kid, and you had that POS civic or camaro (don't know who has one of those), and you'd race anyone that you could? Oh yeah... civic vs. vette.... then when you pass them (cause they've slowed down to turn), you consider yourself the winner! that's what real roadracing is all about!!!
Its definitely a good thing the bike would be in frt of you and your Camaro. That antifreeze is slippery shiit.

Unread
  (#9)
Signed up for Track Days!

June 10, 2003, 08:33 AM

Yea but you can't really use 600's to judge it, they just don't have the power. And there not ment for that kind of racing. If your going to compare, use a liter bike or higher. Yea there are probably alot of cars out there that can keep up or possibly beat a bike. But then you gatta go back and say well hell, His car has a TON of mods, My bike is stock. Then you also gatta think about, Hey it cost him probably 50 grand or more to make that car that fast. I only payed 10....

I ride so slow its hard to keep my balance
96 CBR F3 - sold
2003 Gix 750 - sold
2005 Gix 1000 - sold
2007 Duc 1098 - sold
07 R6 - Current
Unread
  (#10)
Groundhogs can play dead

June 10, 2003, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Its definitely a good thing the bike would be in frt of you and your Camaro. That antifreeze is slippery shiit.
HEY! that's not nice! besides, the camaro is perfectly fine, it's the firebird that has a green underside!

Tanya
Unread
  (#11)
Licensed Rider

June 10, 2003, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Yea but you can't really use 600's to judge it, they just don't have the power. And there not ment for that kind of racing. If your going to compare, use a liter bike or higher. Yea there are probably alot of cars out there that can keep up or possibly beat a bike. But then you gatta go back and say well hell, His car has a TON of mods, My bike is stock. Then you also gatta think about, Hey it cost him probably 50 grand or more to make that car that fast. I only payed 10....

But you can use 600s to judge. Why? Because 8 out of 10 bikes out there are 600s.
Whether or not it was modded is not the issue. It's whether or not cars can spank bikes.
FYI, A good friend of mine bought an 88 Mustang GT in good shape for $3500. He bought a whipple for it for $2700. The car came with headers, H-pipe, flows, and some other odds and ends.
Total price for car <$7000. His car is cheaper than a new 600ss. Then again, his car is 15 years old haha. But it whoops ass! His car will run a new 600 from a roll on.
600s are good comparisons because that's what is out there.

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders
What the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of
Unread
  (#12)
Groundhogs can play dead

June 10, 2003, 08:54 AM

Brandon has a 750... so it wasn't like the Supra was racing an SV...

Tanya
Unread
  (#13)
GP Racer

June 10, 2003, 09:05 AM

Quote:

But you can use 600s to judge. Why? Because 8 out of 10 bikes out there are 600s.
Whether or not it was modded is not the issue. It's whether or not cars can spank bikes.
FYI, A good friend of mine bought an 88 Mustang GT in good shape for $3500. He bought a whipple for it for $2700. The car came with headers, H-pipe, flows, and some other odds and ends.
Total price for car <$7000. His car is cheaper than a new 600ss. Then again, his car is 15 years old haha. But it whoops ass! His car will run a new 600 from a roll on.
600s are good comparisons because that's what is out there.
Yea I think I had between 12-15k wrapped up in my last one and that was including a 3k purchase price with a blown trannie, and a 3300.00 paint job. I did all the labor myself and saved a bunch that way. They truly are cheap enough to make fast. You can find good deals all the time on used heads, blowers, and other things as well. Biggest thing is make the suspension work to hook up.

Unread
  (#14)
Officially Addicted to Posting

June 10, 2003, 09:24 AM

Hell yeah! Guess I'm a mascohist!! I don't waste my time with cars that are slower than mine (my mustang is totally stock too, so it's not deadly fast). Where's the fun in that? It's fun to try something faster every now and then. They miss a shift, and you get by 'em, it feels pretty good to know that they may have a faster car, but you just spanked 'em cause they can't drive for shit!! Nothing I love more, though, than to see a car/bike/whatever just blow my friggin doors off and think "Holy shit that was fast!"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy