DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 568
2 members and 566 guests
2blueyam, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Brainwash Your Face!

June 18, 2004, 12:55 PM

What the fuck is wrong people? Sick to my stomach...

Report: Kidnapped American Beheaded

POSTED: 12:05 pm EDT June 18, 2004
UPDATED: 1:45 pm EDT June 18, 2004

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- An Arab TV channel is reporting that American hostage Paul Johnson is dead. U.S. officials have not yet confirmed the report.

The Al-Arabiya satellite network says Johnson was beheaded by his captors in Saudi Arabia. The information appeared in a scroll at the bottom of the screen.

CNN reports that photos published on the Internet appear to show Johnson beheaded.

In a statement dated June 15, a group calling itself Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula says it will kill U.S. hostage Paul Johnson if the Saudi government doesn't release militants within 72 hours.

Johnson's captors had set today as a deadline for Saudi officials to release their al-Qaida captives. They said they would kill him if their demand wasn't met. The Saudis had rejected the demand.

Johnson, a Lockheed Martin employee, was kidnapped Saturday by a group believed to be led by al-Qaida's top man in Saudi Arabia. Johnson's captors aired a video of him Tuesday, saying they would kill him unless Saudi Arabia released all al-Qaida prisoners within 72 hours. The kidnappers did not specify when the countdown would begin or end.

Thousands of police have been taking part in the search for the kidnapped American. Security forces were searching for clues in the desert up to 6 miles outside Riyadh on Friday. Police in Saudi Arabia had also been scouring fundamentalist strongholds and stopping cars at checkpoints throughout the city.

But there had no indication the American contractor was closer to being found. A senior Saudi official in the United States who is familiar with the investigation said U.S. and Saudi officials have had few promising leads in their search.

Some Riyadh residents suggested the kidnappers have popular support, partly because of U.S. policy in Iraq and its perceived backing for Israel.

Saudi newspapers quoted unidentified officials Friday as saying the government will not give in to the demands of terrorists.

A former Saudi deputy interior minister said security forces in his country lack sufficient training in fighting terrorists. But he told Saudi TV, "They are learning." He called on average citizens to cooperate more.

Meanwhile, a top Saudi cleric pleaded with the kidnappers to free Johnson. He said in a newspaper column that the terrorists have "trodden the wrong path."

Johnson's Wife Makes Plea

Thanom Johnson, the hostage's wife, appealed for her husband's release. She told the Saudi-owned TV channel Al-Arabiya that seeing a video of her blindfolded husband makes her think of the medicine he needs. In a wavering voice, she pleaded, "Please bring him back to me."

Johnson's son and other family members are believed to be staying at his sister's house in Little Egg Harbor Township, N.J. There's been no sign of activity at the home Friday.

Reporters and nearly a dozen TV news crews are gathered outside.

Candlelight vigils were held Thursday night in Johnson's hometown and in Florida, where he lived before moving to the Middle East.

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Knee Draggin!

June 18, 2004, 01:18 PM

This is very sad and disturbing news. I fail to see how his captors think this will help their cause. When I heard this morning on the way to work, that today was the 72 hour deadline, I though "I hope he gets out of there." I am sad that it seems he did not.

My prayers go out to his family and loved ones.

http://www.mozilla.org/images/product-firefox.pngUse Firefox - Rediscover the Web

KwayZeeyT - (k-way-z-t) adj. To be slightly off or otherwise "Travis-like".

"I don't trust you... but in a good way." - Kim
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to kwayzeeyt Send a message via Yahoo to kwayzeeyt Send a message via AIM to kwayzeeyt Send a message via MSN to kwayzeeyt  
Unread
  (#3)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

June 18, 2004, 01:40 PM

This is Fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkk up!!!

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#4)
Owner & Creator

June 18, 2004, 04:45 PM

wat kind of shit is this. SO what is America goin to do? sit there and just let them behead as many people as they capture? Man
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

June 18, 2004, 06:00 PM

I'm still disurbed from watching the video from Nick Berg. I heard on the way home 3 of the killers were killed themselves while dumping the body.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks