DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 454
4 members and 450 guests
2blueyam, davidcycle, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
XBOX 360 Kinect
Unread
  (#1)
Mojito Anyone?

XBOX 360 Kinect - November 4, 2010, 08:50 PM

OMG This thing is fuckin beast. Picked it up today and have not stopped playing. Soccer, boxing, ping pong, track and field.. wall ball river rafting, bowling... shit..

you guys have to invest.. this will be the toy of this christmas..

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpetologist

November 4, 2010, 08:55 PM

nice

Last edited by Rail; November 4, 2010 at 09:53 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Traction Control

November 4, 2010, 10:38 PM

damn. i want

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#4)
Site Owner

November 4, 2010, 10:39 PM

my living room setup doesn't work for kinect... I'd have to move my coffee table every time I'd wanna play it.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#5)
Groping is a skill...

November 5, 2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper
my living room setup doesn't work for kinect... I'd have to move my coffee table every time I'd wanna play it.
Dress around your gun, furnish around your game system!

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Dr.'s say I'm the illest

November 5, 2010, 05:27 AM

Ok, so there's a new Wii on the block.

I've seen the commercial, but dont understand how the movements are input without an input device. Please explain...
Unread
  (#7)
SUPERBITCHIN'

November 5, 2010, 05:44 AM

it has a camera that sees your dumbass move around

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#8)
Dr.'s say I'm the illest

November 5, 2010, 06:05 AM

So how the fuck does it differentiate who is who? Really, is the technology that fuckin advanced that now you dont even need an input device? Really? Wii just came out a few years ago, now we dont need anything to hold?
Unread
  (#9)
AMA Superbike Champ

November 5, 2010, 06:53 AM

^^yep yep. You haven't seen the commercials (if not youtube)? Seems pretty cool, I know Nintendo is kinda pissed. I won't be getting this though, all I play is Halo.

07' Ninja 650
99' Ninja 500 (sold)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

November 5, 2010, 06:58 AM

I've heard that it has be around 10 ft away from you to see your whole body.

Honestly, I never pick up my Wii any more. I should because I have an unfinished Mario and Metroid game (which don't use any of the motion controls).

I think it's like 3D tv, it's a fad. But I like fads because now they are selling 50" Visios for $800 to make room for the 3D tvs.

'00 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R
'03 Honda XR100R
Xbox: ThrustinJ
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ThrustinJZX6  
Unread
  (#11)
Dr.'s say I'm the illest

November 5, 2010, 07:02 AM

I've seen the commercials but they dont explain shit. All you see is people jumping around then it cuts to the game they are playing and then some camera looking device. Body movement recognition software? When the developers make games using the likes of real people, they connect all of these digital points to the body with a suit so everything corresponds...now it just reads your fuckin movements and is accurate??

It just seems like a real leap into the future from where we were a few weeks ago.

If its accurate and it can control all games then I am sure I will be getting one to replace the Wii...

I am really waiting for the OP who actually has it/has played with it to respond since everything else is speculation.
Unread
  (#12)
Mojito Anyone?

November 5, 2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patient View Post
I've seen the commercials but they dont explain shit. All you see is people jumping around then it cuts to the game they are playing and then some camera looking device. Body movement recognition software? When the developers make games using the likes of real people, they connect all of these digital points to the body with a suit so everything corresponds...now it just reads your fuckin movements and is accurate??

It just seems like a real leap into the future from where we were a few weeks ago.

If its accurate and it can control all games then I am sure I will be getting one to replace the Wii...

I am really waiting for the OP who actually has it/has played with it to respond since everything else is speculation.

THIS. The kinect sensor has two cameras and then a body sensor that kind of works like a heat sensor.. when you tune it there is a part where you can have the kinect find you and your screen kind of turns into like if the predator was looking at you... so your body and everything is green and then you have body points on you.. your head.. shoulders. knees.. feet..

It's pretty sweet how this thing works.. you use your hands as the controller.. you point to the start buttons. kick a ball like if you really playing soccer.. ping pong is just like if you were really at a table.. shit is sick man.. can't wait till they have shoot em up games..

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#13)
Site Owner

November 5, 2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrustinJZX6 View Post
I've heard that it has be around 10 ft away from you to see your whole body.

Honestly, I never pick up my Wii any more. I should because I have an unfinished Mario and Metroid game (which don't use any of the motion controls).

I think it's like 3D tv, it's a fad. But I like fads because now they are selling 50" Visios for $800 to make room for the 3D tvs.
Fanboy fail. For someone who has Samus Aran in his avatar, I am very disappointed in you.

I finished Metroid like 3 days after it came from Gamefly. If they come out with Metriod 15 when I'm 80 years old I'll be winning that sucker.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#14)
I got a need for Speed!_!

November 5, 2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onel0wcubn View Post
OMG This thing is fuckin beast. Picked it up today and have not stopped playing. Soccer, boxing, ping pong, track and field.. wall ball river rafting, bowling... shit..

you guys have to invest.. this will be the toy of this christmas..
Microsoft must agree they upped their estimate from 3 million to 5 million Kinect unit sales for Q4, I'll be surprised if they can move 5 million or even can produce that many. I've been waiting to order since I'll just buy a 2nd 360 for the kids to play Kinect, wanted to see the reviews 1st. Does some promising and fun for people who don't want to use a controller like many kids and non-gamer adults.
I don't think this replaces the Wii, PS3's Move replaces the Wii though, it's yet to be seen if Kinect can be used in conjunction with more typical fanboy type games!_!

TPM Red
AMA#629103
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to thespectralsorrows Send a message via AIM to thespectralsorrows  
Unread
  (#15)
Site ADMIN

November 5, 2010, 09:19 AM

Google is your friend. There are a billion articles dedicated to the technical of how this thing works...

So far the reviews say that the kinnect is racist. It apparently isnt working well for dark skinned people.. FAIL

Read engadget.. The reviews are sub par. They think it needs to grow past ver 1.0 in the software to be better...

*shrug

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud