DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 508
1 members and 507 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
XBOX 360 nerds (Fall updates include Wii like dashboard)
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

XBOX 360 nerds (Fall updates include Wii like dashboard) - July 14, 2008, 03:16 PM

FYI,

new Wii like dashboard:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/14/m...new-dashboard/

Netflix integration:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/14/m...e-partnership/

Hard drive game installs so you dont have to wait for spinning up of content:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/14/m...-hard-drive-g/

http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/arch...htnltrnxe.aspx

Here is a look at some additional features you will find interesting:

• Play from hard drive. Copy your games from the game disc and play directly from the hard drive. Not only will the drive not spin, but load times are quicker, as well. Of course, you will still need the disc in the tray to prove you own the game.
  • Access Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web. Browse and purchase Marketplace content whenever you want from Xbox.com and it downloads automatically to your console. Purchase that new map, television episode, the latest Xbox LIVE Arcade game or set up a movie to watch when you get home from work.
  • Dashboard built into the new Xbox Guide. For everyone who loves the blades interface, its not going away; they are now built directly in to the new Xbox guide. Every feature and option is available right from the guide. You can even access your full games library at all times. No matter where you are (in dash or in game), immediately call up your games played list and directly launch a game.
  • LIVE Party system. Create a party of up to eight friends, and stay with them from one game to another, or watch a Netflix movie together, or share a slideshow of your personal photos. It works with all Xbox 360 titles, not just upcoming games. LIVE Party allows up to eight people to chat in the dashboard, so you can meet up before playing.
  • Xbox LIVE Primetime. This whole new category of games is going to give you more reasons to get online with your friends. Games will support everything youd expect, like Achievements and leader boards, but many of these games will include real prizes. You can invite your friends, and even set a reminder for an upcoming show. Each game is broadcast simultaneously, so everyone is answering the same questions. Many events will have a live host, calling the shots as they happen.
  • Avatars. Your online identity started as a Gamertag - it then grew into a personalized Gamercard. Now, it has evolved even further into avatars. You can express your style, check out new outfits and share this with the community. Avatars will also be integrated into Xbox LIVE Arcade games, LIVE Party, as well as retail games.
  • New display support. Because you asked for it, we are adding 16X10 over VGA or HDMI, and support for 1440x900 or 1680x1050.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury

Last edited by spud; July 14, 2008 at 03:19 PM..
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

July 14, 2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
FYI,

Hard drive game installs so you dont have to wait for spinning up of content:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/14/m...-hard-drive-g/
Awesome now hopefully i will be able to play with out getting the "disc unreadable errors".
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

July 14, 2008, 03:26 PM

Letting 8 people all watch a netflix movie seems interesting.

Do all people have to have a netflix account for it to work? Or just one person pays for netflix and shares it to watch w/ 7 other people..

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

July 14, 2008, 03:39 PM

I've been saying they should the hard drive thing for years. They should do it on PS3 too. It just makes sense.
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

July 14, 2008, 03:40 PM

Except are you going to have to pay for the download or are you going to be able to use the disk you already have?
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

July 14, 2008, 03:47 PM

You're going to use the disk you already have. You install it, and you have to have the disk to play. It just verifies you have the disk in the drive and then loads the game and lets you play of the HD if you don't mind using the HD space.
Unread
  (#7)
GP Racer

July 14, 2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter
You're going to use the disk you already have. You install it, and you have to have the disk to play. It just verifies you have the disk in the drive and then loads the game and lets you play of the HD if you don't mind using the HD space.
mm that was the issue i was having in the first place, at startup 80% of the time it doesn't see the disc..
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

July 14, 2008, 03:53 PM

What a PITA. You need a modded system like my old Xbox. Once it's on the HD that's all you need. But Modding is a PITA. I don't see them opening up that though because then people would just rent games, install them, and have them for life.
Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

July 14, 2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter
What a PITA. You need a modded system like my old Xbox. Once it's on the HD that's all you need. But Modding is a PITA. I don't see them opening up that though because then people would just rent games, install them, and have them for life.
I was going to mod it..still might - cheaper than buying a new xbox.
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

July 14, 2008, 04:10 PM

Cheaper than a new 360. But I just got an old modded Xbox for $70.
Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

July 14, 2008, 04:37 PM

i still have my old modded xbox i might sell.
Unread
  (#12)
Contributor

July 14, 2008, 06:05 PM

Looks cool Spud but aren't they still scanning xlive for modded boxes and banning them? I know lots of people mod the boxed but I heard from several of them that they opted not to mod the later series because of this. Overall the features look great I'll be interested in checking them out.

2006 Yamaha R6
2008 Zuma YW50

Semper Fi
MARRC Cornerworker
NESBA #707
CCS AM #991
www.marrc.org
www.cornerspeed.net
www.rnrcycles.com VA
www.trianglecycles.com NC/VA

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/27068503@N05/
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Lucky  
Unread
  (#13)
Site Owner

July 14, 2008, 06:33 PM

Nice. MS Rips off more of other companies innovations!

Now all they need to do is make it so their hardware doesn't overheat/fry and they are good to go!

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

July 15, 2008, 08:42 AM

^^

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#15)
Mr. Glass

July 15, 2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
New display support. Because you asked for it, we are adding 16X10 over VGA or HDMI, and support for 1440x900 or 1680x1050.
OMFG THAT IS AWESOME!!!

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman