DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 518
1 members and 517 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
You Are
Unread
  (#1)
MSF Student

You Are - September 24, 2008, 09:05 AM

You are the guy that snubs his nose at me because of the ride I choose, You are the guy that looks down upon me as if you are better than I because I ride metric and not something American. You are the guy that thinks your long hair and tattoos scare me. You are the guy that gives me dirty looks because I say hello to a fellow rider. You are the guy that seems to think that your more American or more Patriotic than I because I ride Japanese. You are the guy who seems to pass judgement on me without speaking a word or knowing who I am.
I am the guy who has served this Nation with distinction for the last 23 years. I am the guy who sacrificed 10 years of my life while on foreign soil. I am the guy who has been to more countries than States. I am the guy who has seen more friends in caskets than I care to remember. I am the guy who appreciates people for what and who they are. I am the guy who likes all bikes no matter what the make. I am the guy who's quick to give a helping hand to a total stranger and expect nothing in return. I'm the guy who doesn't pass judgement without knowing someone as a whole....
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to areuriding  
Unread
  (#2)
Still here

September 24, 2008, 09:13 AM

Something you want to tell us about, Ken?

02 1100 VStar

I've got a bike and I ride it year round. Nuff said

.Net - Those that care, post.
Those that don't care, seem to post too.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Unread
  (#3)
I wanna Ride !

September 24, 2008, 10:03 AM

what's up Ken?
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Give me the Ban Button!

September 24, 2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by areuriding
You are the guy that snubs his nose at me because of the ride I choose, You are the guy that looks down upon me as if you are better than I because I ride metric and not something American. You are the guy that thinks your long hair and tattoos scare me. You are the guy that gives me dirty looks because I say hello to a fellow rider. You are the guy that seems to think that your more American or more Patriotic than I because I ride Japanese. You are the guy who seems to pass judgement on me without speaking a word or knowing who I am.
I am the guy who has served this Nation with distinction for the last 23 years. I am the guy who sacrificed 10 years of my life while on foreign soil. I am the guy who has been to more countries than States. I am the guy who has seen more friends in caskets than I care to remember. I am the guy who appreciates people for what and who they are. I am the guy who likes all bikes no matter what the make. I am the guy who's quick to give a helping hand to a total stranger and expect nothing in return. I'm the guy who doesn't pass judgement without knowing someone as a whole....

Correct me if I am wrong but you just past judgment on all American bike riders and guys with long hair and people with tattoos.

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#5)
Que se jodan!!

September 24, 2008, 11:17 AM

People with tattooes suck.

Whisper
"Speak quietly and carry a big stick."
2014 BMW S1000RR
2006 GSXR 1000 - Street (Sold)
2005 GSXR 1000 - Track (Sold - I hate you, Paul)
2010 YZ250F -Motocross in Mexico (I still hate Yamahas)

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whisper  
Unread
  (#6)
Groundhogs can play dead

September 24, 2008, 11:19 AM

I like it.

Nubbs! Always

Tanya
Unread
  (#7)
The last urrbendah

September 24, 2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper
People with tattooes suck.
So do old people on gixxers.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Give me the Ban Button!

September 24, 2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch
I like it.

Nubbs! Always
Im not stirring the pot. He just did what he said he didnt like people doing to him. Maybe just maybe that guy on the Harley had 30 years in the military and fought in 3 different wars and has a smug look on his face because of all the crap he has been through in his life. maybe he has long hair because for most of his life he has had to have it cut short and he can finally let it grow. How about that each of his tattoos signify a place he has been or a comrade he has buried.

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#9)
Groundhogs can play dead

September 24, 2008, 11:34 AM

Alright, alright. Good point.

Tanya
Unread
  (#10)
Still here

September 24, 2008, 11:34 AM

Uh oh...I'm going to say it...I agree with Nubbs!

02 1100 VStar

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Unread
  (#11)
Give me the Ban Button!

September 24, 2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstargidget
Uh oh...I'm going to say it...I agree with Nubbs!

Now that didnt hurt as bad as you thought it would did it.

back at you finch

Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

September 24, 2008, 12:11 PM

And I get flamed because of a confrontation with a complete and total douchebag?

And yes, I have met a FEW people like that in the Harley world I'm forced to work in -- but not most. Of course, I'm constantly defending my sportbike bretheran..

Talk nerdy to me

It's not how many times you get knocked down,
it's how many times you get back up!
Unread
  (#13)
MSF Student

September 24, 2008, 12:50 PM

I didn't pass judgement at all. I just made a description that only applied to people who think that way. I never said all, I said you are..meaning if you are the person that thinks like that it applies to you....Simple. The conclusion came after a long conversation with 3 guys I ran into on their bikes. I was in street clothes, when they saw me again in Uniform a couple days later the treatment changed...go figure. Oh and neither of them served.
Unread
  (#14)
Still here

September 24, 2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by areuriding
The conclusion came after a long conversation with 3 guys I ran into on their bikes. Oh and neither of them served.
Do you mean "none" of them served or two of them hadn't, but the 3rd guy had?

Sorry, but I wonder if their response didn't have something to do with your attitude or vice versa? I've met some a-hole bikers on both sides of the sportbike vs cruiser debate. There are just as many sportbikers who think you suck cause you ride a cruiser as their are cruiser riders who hate sportbikes, and/or American Iron riders who dislike you cause you ride a metric cruiser.

live and let live and get on with it.

"I am the guy who appreciates people for what and who they are."

You mean unless you have long hair, tattoos and give me a bit of what I consider an attitude. Puh-leez!

02 1100 VStar

Unread
  (#15)
MSF Student

September 24, 2008, 01:28 PM

none...Sorry for the bad grammar.....