DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 508
1 members and 507 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
For you softball players....
Unread
  (#1)
Repping WPNR is Tennessee

Location: GOOD OL' ROCKY TOP...ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE...GO VOLS!!!!!!!!
For you softball players.... - July 6, 2009, 09:56 AM

THIS IS WHAT I DO ON MY WEEKENDS>......I travel every weekend....

and this weekend July 10-11-12 is a good one....

The BIG BOYS of softball come out here every year and we get to play them.....these guys get paid to play softball (IM JEALOUS).....

Anyways, my team is in it again this year, but this is my first time playing them, since I was hurt during this last year......

Here is a breakdown of it....

It was 1969 and slow pitch softball was starting to get a foothold in the American summer sports scene. Whether or not slow pitch would become popular was dependent among many people doing everything they could to boost slow pitch. Frank Bradley more than did his part to help slow pitch become popular, at least in Blount County Tennessee. As the parks and recreation director, Bradley decided to hold a men’s tournament in Maryville, TN and call it the Smoky Mountain Classic.
Originally, it was regional in scope. The first Smoky was held in 1969 and Knoxville teams won the first couple of years. But in 1974, Howard’s Furniture of Denver, NC, one of the most successful men’s teams in slow pitch history, entered the Classic. “After they (Howard’s) entered, it (the Smoky) took off,” said Joe Huff, the Blount County –Maryville – Alcoa Parks and Recreation director and the tourney director of the Smoky for more than two decades.
Howard’s won the Classic four times (1974, 1976, 1977 and 1981) and each year more and more of the top teams penciled the Smoky in on their schedule. Besides getting the best men’s Super and Major slow pitch teams, the Smoky got the support of the local community and the financial backing of major sporting goods manufacturers, including Bike, Worth, Louisville Slugger, plus the local newspaper, The Knoxville NEWS-SENTINEL, helps sponsor the event and does an outstanding job in covering the Smoky.
Although there isn’t a lot of bleacher seating, the natural setting and the down-home atmosphere that has been created through the years makes this event the premier slow pitch invitational in the U.S.
“People enjoy coming to the Smoky,” said Huff. “They bring their blankets and lawn chairs. We’ve had as many as seven or eight thousand. (24,500 people in 1991). We even have face painting for the kids. It’s a country fair atmosphere.”
Source: The Inside Pitch - Vol. 7, No. 6 June 2004 www.ASAsoftball.com
Comparable to football’s Super Bowl, basketball’s Final Four, and baseball’s World Series, the Smoky Mountain Classic is the premiere event of its sport…slow pitch softball. Sponsored by Louisville Slugger, BlountToday and Boombah, the 41st Annual Smoky Mountain Classic promises to be the best ever. The Smoky Mountain Classic combines the elements of the finest quality competition with the support of large enthusiastic crowds. It is played in a friendly, hospitable, down-home country fair atmosphere at the doorstep of the beautiful Great Smoky Mountain National Park. The nation’s top teams are showcased at their best as they play for some of the most prestigious awards in the game

Anyways, we play the Number 5 team in the Nation in Mens Class-A.

The only division above them is Mens Class-MAJOR.......wish us luck guys

We are team Beef O'Bradys/Whitehead Automotive/Slo Motion
and we are playing T&R Stucco/Worth Friday afternoon at 4pm.

RIP...Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg WE MISS YOU BUDDY!!!

WulfPakRydaz- Strength in Numbers

Cause thats how we roll......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to PimpD  
Unread
  (#2)
opossum puncher

July 6, 2009, 11:08 AM

Ill be in the area, Ill see if we can stop in.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#3)
Repping WPNR is Tennessee

Location: GOOD OL' ROCKY TOP...ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE...GO VOLS!!!!!!!!
July 6, 2009, 11:11 AM

Nice.....hit me up on my cell Friday.....should be fun.....we will probably get stomped in the ground....but then again, you never know....gotta hit it to win!!!

RIP...Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg WE MISS YOU BUDDY!!!

WulfPakRydaz- Strength in Numbers

Cause thats how we roll......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to PimpD