DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 583
2 members and 581 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
And you think postage is high now?
Unread
  (#1)
Face Down @$$ UP

Talking And you think postage is high now? - June 1, 2007, 11:19 AM

BARTLETT, TN-
AP News

"We are all paying more for postage these days, but one Bartlett woman discovered she had been charged nearly 5 trillion dollars to send a UPSP priority package.
Kathy Poletti didn't have any plans to go out of town for the memorial day weekend, and says that's a good thing.

Monday she received an email from her bank stating her accounts had been frozen due to illegal check card activity.
"I glanced at it and thought I ought to check it out and see if I see anything unusual," said Poletti.

Poletti called her bank and listened to an automated recording of her pending transactions..
And that's when she heard something very unusual. The automated voice told her there had been a check card purchase for $5.25 cents from the U.S. Postal service along with a 4 trillion, 719 Billion, 449 million, 550,000, 662.000 purchase.

"I was a little floored 4 trillion dollars us postal office. I said excuse me and I kept hitting repeat.

Poletti showed us the receipt for her postal purchase ... just $5.25.
She isn't sure where the 4 trillion dollar figure came from and was afraid the mistake would clean out her account.

"My first thought was they are trying to balance the budget off the Poletti's>
Poletti spent much of the morning on the phone with her bank and was assured there was nothing wrong with her account.
In fact, they couldn't explain what had happened.

"I have no idea where that 4 trillion came from. I would like it deposited in my bank at least some of it," said Poletti.
To give you an idea how much 4 trillion dollars is. The U.S. national debt is just below nine trillion."

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#2)
Like a clown car on fire

June 1, 2007, 11:46 AM

It seems that my years of trying to drive my mailman slowly insane worked... why he took it out on this lady, I'll never know.

-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack