DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 550
3 members and 547 guests
beatle, davidcycle, legendindisguise
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Zimbabweans seeking refuge in U.S. Embassy - Discuss
Unread
  (#1)
Knee Draggin!

Zimbabweans seeking refuge in U.S. Embassy - Discuss - July 3, 2008, 05:51 PM

U.S. Ambassador James McGee said about 200 people are seeking refuge at the U.S. embassy in Harare.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25513294/

What I do in life will echo through eternity.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Banned!

July 6, 2008, 09:14 PM

If their life is in Danger.

WHAT EVER IT TAKES!

Let 2000 of them in if you can.
Unread
  (#3)
Meh

July 7, 2008, 12:06 AM

Don't we have over 6 million people that illegally entered this country for far less good reasons. These peoples lives are in danger and we should give them refuge.

Mugabe has ruined that country and will likely exact revenge on those that oppose him.
Unread
  (#4)
Fun Lover or lover of fun

July 7, 2008, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch
Don't we have over 6 million people that illegally entered this country for far less good reasons. These peoples lives are in danger and we should give them refuge.

Mugabe has ruined that country and will likely exact revenge on those that oppose him.
+10000000

R.I.P. Eric. You were truly like a younger brother to me. May you live on in all those you helped and reached out to help. You are truly missed!

tfinch: well, actually, if he did, that's fine cause it's in the pockets!
tfinch
: Mike, can you feel bubbles floating around in there?

tfinch: Bubbles! Yes! Gurgly bubbles!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Timultuous  
Unread
  (#5)
MD in a VA biased board

July 7, 2008, 09:01 AM

mugabe is a case of a guy who started off with good intentions but became corrupt and won't let go of his power

Blue '05 SV650S
Quote:
Newfoundland is like calling a place Untitled Document.
i bet its the default name for discovered land
and they just clicked Ok
now all other countries have to start out as Newfoundland 2
Unread
  (#6)
Railing!

July 7, 2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congos83
mugabe is a case of a guy who started off with good intentions but became corrupt and won't let go of his power
As a Political Science major I should remember the author of this famous quote, but I don't..."Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absulutely!" Mugabe appears to be a classic example.
Unread
  (#7)
Fun Lover or lover of fun

July 7, 2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitPig
As a Political Science major I should remember the author of this famous quote, but I don't..."Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absulutely!" Mugabe appears to be a classic example.
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
Meaning
Literal meaning.
Origin
This arose as a quotation by John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, first Baron Acton (18341902). The historian and moralist, who was otherwise known simply as Lord Acton, expressed this opinion in a letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton in 1887:
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."
Another English politician with no shortage of names - William Pitt the Younger, The Earl of Chatham and British Prime Minister from 1766 to 1778, is sometimes wrongly attributed as the source. He did say something similar, in a speech to the UK House of Lords in 1770:
"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it"

R.I.P. Eric. You were truly like a younger brother to me. May you live on in all those you helped and reached out to help. You are truly missed!

tfinch: well, actually, if he did, that's fine cause it's in the pockets!
tfinch
: Mike, can you feel bubbles floating around in there?

tfinch: Bubbles! Yes! Gurgly bubbles!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Timultuous  
Unread
  (#8)
need more knee down

July 7, 2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch

Its all for the same reason actually. A better life then where they are.........
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#9)
B
It goes to 11.

July 7, 2008, 12:10 PM

The problem is great revolutionaries are rarely goodleaders - not in the sense that they cannot lead, but in the sense that they don't necessarily lead rightly. Although being a revolutionary requires an aspect of leadership, it's nearly always tinged with a strong will and a tendency toward violence and force (an often necessary aspect of change). A revolutionary is a destroyer, a destroyer for right, wrong, or otherwise - in order to enact change.

It's a rare revolutionary that can see this in themselves, and relinquish the power after a revolution. (Please see George Washington for a great revolitionary AND a good leader).

Great men are rarely good men.

Give them assylum. The cost to us is so insignificant verses the cost to them.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.

Last edited by B; July 7, 2008 at 12:12 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B