DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 486
2 members and 484 guests
beatle, Leoallafila
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
01 F4i flushmount question
Unread
  (#1)
Noob sauce

01 F4i flushmount question - April 4, 2009, 10:20 PM

Hi,

i am looking for some advise on installing my flush mounts. they are not the small nice looking ones. they are the kinda bulky ones. but the question is, there are only two wires coming off the flush mount. on the wires coming of the bike, there its a clip with multiple wires plugged into it.

how do i splice them to make it so the flush mounts will work. i dont have the original ones anymore.

the flushmounts are like these. but only have two wires i believe.
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sel...S027-Smoke.jpg

thanks.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to chumchum  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpentine Dealer

April 5, 2009, 05:25 AM

Honda adds running light function to the front turn signals of many of their bikes, hence the third wire. You have a hot wire for the running light, a hot wire for the signal, and a ground. Your custom signals will not support the running light function as indicated by the presence of only two wires. You're going to have to cut the plug off from the bike side and splice the bikes wires to the signal's wires, leaving the running light wire capped off. I recommend some weather resistant connectors, like the baby blue ones you can buy at any auto parts store (that restokes their shelves, that is). If you have a wiring diagram for your bike, then it's easy to figure out which wire is which based on color of insulation. If you do not, then you'll have to use a bit of judgement plus trial and error. Ground wires are often insulated with a neutral color coating like black, gray, or brown.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
done for now...

April 5, 2009, 09:22 AM

Don't put those on. I'll give you these:

I was going to use them but decided to get the greggs instead. Let me know.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Noob sauce

April 5, 2009, 02:12 PM

Thanks for the advise. and thanks for the offer. but i have two different sets of flush mounts. and i actually was about to order some that would better fit my upper fairing. the whole is cut out to fit a different kind of flush mount. not sure what kind. but i found some on ebay. the smoked lense signals that are kinda diamond shaped. they have a bolt that comes right out of the middle so i can put a big washer on the other side to hold it to the fairing. there are no screw holes for the ones with the screws. and i dont really want to drill anything more into the fairing.

i have found a few other forums about this too and they tell the wires to connect together. so i will just do some trial and error till its right.

thanks again! cant wait to see everyone on the 16th for the spot in herndon.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to chumchum