DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 556
3 members and 553 guests
2blueyam, amit, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Buying Plastic?
Unread
  (#1)
GOTTARIPANDRUNNOW

Buying Plastic? - September 22, 2009, 08:14 AM

As some of you have hear somebody elses bike took mine out and needless to say I'm off work for a while. (broken collar bone and 3 broken ribs and busted up chest) And bike! I'm thinking of buying some of the aftermarket fairing that comes from Hong Kong, something different from everybody else has. And would like to know if anybody knows if this stuff is any good (pros) and (cons). Good feedback would be appreciated. Here is the kit I'm thinking about buying http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUK...=p4506.c0.m245 thanks David.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...Q5fAccessories Here is the other kit I'm thinking about.

RIP AND RUN COMEON!!!!!2007GSXR1000 Ride your own you rookie!http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00000789219497

Last edited by macdad; September 22, 2009 at 09:02 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Toe Dragger

September 22, 2009, 09:05 AM

I have some of that stuff on my 996.. wanted something different. Anyway, Quality is not terrible on it, finish is pretty good, and the plastics all lined up pretty damn good, except for the tail which had no mounting provisions at all.. which could just be a Ducati thing.. All in all, was it worth it? I would say yes..

Chad
Sales Manager Duc Pond Motosports
I Make you Ducati Dreams Come True... LOL! Seriously! I do!

1999 Ducati 996 (sold)
1998 GSXR600 track bike (shamu) sold..
2008 Kwaki Versys sold...
2006 VFR800 Sold..
2001 Road King? Yep....
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

September 22, 2009, 09:15 AM

I have some still sitting in the box, mainly because i would need the tank painted. I've only pulled out one piece to look at it. seems to be good quality. You'll need to get or remove your old heat shield from the old plastics (it's abs plastic so it will melt without) and reuse the mounting hardware also.

Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050  
Unread
  (#4)
GOTTARIPANDRUNNOW

September 22, 2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX2050 View Post
I have some still sitting in the box, mainly because i would need the tank painted. I've only pulled out one piece to look at it. seems to be good quality. You'll need to get or remove your old heat shield from the old plastics (it's abs plastic so it will melt without) and reuse the mounting hardware also.
The kit comes w/ the heat shield. I'm leaning more towards the second site, being shipping willn't take as long. Thanks for input!

RIP AND RUN COMEON!!!!!2007GSXR1000 Ride your own you rookie!http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00000789219497
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

September 22, 2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdad View Post
The kit comes w/ the heat shield. I'm leaning more towards the second site, being shipping willn't take as long. Thanks for input!
Yeah looks like he already paid for them or he's having them dropped shipped. Mine took forever to get to me. I got them from auctmart1. They painted them when you ordered then. They were just getting started.

Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050  
Unread
  (#6)
GOTTARIPANDRUNNOW

September 22, 2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucDucGoose View Post
I have some of that stuff on my 996.. wanted something different. Anyway, Quality is not terrible on it, finish is pretty good, and the plastics all lined up pretty damn good, except for the tail which had no mounting provisions at all.. which could just be a Ducati thing.. All in all, was it worth it? I would say yes..
Thanks Chad The 2cd site that I added looks like maybe a little better you can at least see the mounting holes in plastic. I'm calling them later to ask info.

Unread
  (#7)
Meet your Maker

September 22, 2009, 10:07 AM

if your off for awhile I would say its worth it even if they take forever to get here cause OEM plastics will your wallet all day

Thats why I am painting mine. i thought about these kits as well. If you do get them post a review with some actual pics please. Heal up brotha

I am ready to meet my maker but is my maker ready for the ordeal of meeting me...
Looking for a Race Bike
------------------------------------------------
NESBA #199, Roger Lyle #199
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l...ut18/2-2-1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MikeyB  
Unread
  (#8)
GDMFSOB

September 22, 2009, 11:18 AM

The whole kit is the same price as what you would pay for 1 side of OEM. I had seen some that stated holes were not drilled, but these look good!
You probably already did, but the feedback from the 1st one is 100%, but from 5 people and not on bike stuff. The 2nd one has great FB on bike related stuff. Just my . Keep us posted!

#132 EX
Proudly representing: DC-MOTO, Amsoil, SHOEI, Woodcraft-CFM, MARRC

2015 MARRC Crash & Burn Award
2014 MARRC Sportsmanship Award
2013 MARRC Amateur of the Year
2012 MARRC Cornerworker of the Year
www.marrc.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!.
Unread
  (#9)
TPG

September 22, 2009, 11:48 AM

sometimes its better if the holes aren't drilled that way you can drill them in the correct spot instead of messing with holes that don't quite line up, the lucky strike ones are 1 billion times better than the orange flames
Unread
  (#10)
GOTTARIPANDRUNNOW

September 22, 2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrownw View Post
sometimes its better if the holes aren't drilled that way you can drill them in the correct spot instead of messing with holes that don't quite line up, the lucky strike ones are 1 billion times better than the orange flames
Thats what I'm thinking but that co. says that he can get the orange flame also. They would just need to paint them.

Unread
  (#11)
Meet your Maker

September 22, 2009, 02:48 PM

dont get flames

I am ready to meet my maker but is my maker ready for the ordeal of meeting me...
Looking for a Race Bike
------------------------------------------------
NESBA #199, Roger Lyle #199
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l...ut18/2-2-1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MikeyB  
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

September 22, 2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdad View Post
As some of you have hear somebody elses bike took mine out and needless to say I'm off work for a while. (broken collar bone and 3 broken ribs and busted up chest) And bike! I'm thinking of buying some of the aftermarket fairing that comes from Hong Kong, something different from everybody else has. And would like to know if anybody knows if this stuff is any good (pros) and (cons). Good feedback would be appreciated. Here is the kit I'm thinking about buying http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUK...=p4506.c0.m245 thanks David.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...Q5fAccessories Here is the other kit I'm thinking about.
STREET FIGHTER
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

September 22, 2009, 05:15 PM

Did not know you had a get off. Sorry to hear that.
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

September 22, 2009, 05:21 PM

Go to your bike specific forum and ask about it. Most of these plastics fit perfect and look great, and but for some bike models they are a huge pain to mount and there are some quality issues.