DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 204
4 members and 200 guests
nootherids, R6SP, RRonin, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Clutch Issues :(
Unread
  (#1)
Groping is a skill...

Clutch Issues :( - October 23, 2011, 12:05 AM

Well, the bike is a track only bike and only has about 13K miles on it. It has been down a couple of times as well (all at the track) as most of you already know. Last accident was by far the worse but I put the bike together and everything seems to be in good shape. It rides just fine and shifts ok but when I was testing out the bike today I put it through the ringer a bit and the clutch is slipping like a mofo. I think that the slippage is occurring at such low mileage due to rough usage but I don't want to overlook the accident and other possible issues. Anyone have any ideas before I order another stock clutch?

Also, maybe unrelated but the bike seems to be overheating a bit quickly. Today it got up to 230 even with the fan running so I shut it off immediately. I'm going to flush the system again to see what's going on.

Thanks in advance!

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Officially Addicted to Posting

October 23, 2011, 12:19 AM

might be the lever or master cylinder sticking slightly. Did you replace the controls after the wreck?

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

October 23, 2011, 12:31 AM

As for the clutch: Even if the controls check out ok I wouldn't order up a new clutch assembly until you take it apart and inspect it. Otherwise you're just spending money on parts you might not need.
Unread
  (#4)
Groping is a skill...

October 23, 2011, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
might be the lever or master cylinder sticking slightly. Did you replace the controls after the wreck?
Good call. I did replace the clutch lever since it was bent. I'm going to try to play with it and adjust it tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown View Post
As for the clutch: Even if the controls check out ok I wouldn't order up a new clutch assembly until you take it apart and inspect it. Otherwise you're just spending money on parts you might not need.
Good call as well. I never took apart a clutch before though. I do have the k7 manual but from experience does anyone know how hard it is to take apart the clutch?

2013 Victory Vision Tour

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#5)
Officially Addicted to Posting

October 23, 2011, 12:46 AM

taking a clutch apart is easy, just pay attention to the order of the plates.

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
Unread
  (#6)
Groping is a skill...

October 23, 2011, 12:53 AM

Good deal. I'm going to try adjusting it tomorrow, then if that doesn't work. Taking the bish apart

BTW, I noticed that since the accident whenever I click it into gear while its on the rear stand it spins way too much even if the clutch lever is pulled in all the way. I know this is normal when the bike is cold but usually when it warms up a bit the spinning is almost none existent until you rev the motor.

2013 Victory Vision Tour

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#7)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

October 23, 2011, 03:08 AM

Manual clutch lever should have 1/4 inch of play. It should not be tight just a little loose. kinda like your butthole. As for the over heating you might have an air bubble in the system some where. Manual should have a way to get it out.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!