DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 542
3 members and 539 guests
GRN96WS6, legendindisguise, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
f4i crash cage problem
Unread
  (#1)
is terrified of clowns

Angry f4i crash cage problem - August 24, 2007, 10:40 AM

i just bought a stunt*aid crash cage for my f4i. i thought it would be a 5 min install but i cant seem to get the bolts that bolt into front holes to tighten all the way? could it be the amount of washers? it said i need 10 washers between the head of the bold and the inside of the cage? im afraid to strip something but i havent really hit any resistance. also, the directions say on the right side there should be a 3.5 in bolt, but they sent me a 3in bolt. that one wont even catch a thread. then i looked at the bolts that came w/ the frame sliders i had on. they threads on the frame slider bolt are much coarser. they fit fine. should i use these or the ones that came w/ the cage???? its the same hole but the cage bolts have a much finer thread. what gives?? am i just a complete idiot? you would think they would know what bolts to send. shit.

'bad news, its open season on chumps, and i just got my permit'

The Graveyard
-2001 ZX6R: SOLD
The Garage
-2002 F4i streetfighter: it wins shit
-2007 REPSOL: pure giggity
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to saki-bomb  
Unread
  (#2)
is terrified of clowns

August 24, 2007, 05:22 PM

anyones? i think the cure might be a rubber mallet. all the agression release of a hammer w/ none of the negative outcome.

'bad news, its open season on chumps, and i just got my permit'

The Graveyard
-2001 ZX6R: SOLD
The Garage
-2002 F4i streetfighter: it wins shit
-2007 REPSOL: pure giggity
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to saki-bomb  
Unread
  (#3)
Chupathingy?

August 24, 2007, 05:27 PM

Bro, sounds like them may have shipped yu the wrong cage. What Manufactuer and stuff?

PM me if your in H'Town, MD.
"Can't we go faster?.... Even if we rub cheetah blood on the engines?" -Phillip J. Fry

Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Sith4Brains Send a message via Yahoo to Sith4Brains Send a message via AIM to Sith4Brains Send a message via Skype™ to Sith4Brains