DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 549
3 members and 546 guests
davidcycle, Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
FZ1 powercommander pcv and setting/calibrating tps
Unread
  (#1)
just some dude

FZ1 powercommander pcv and setting/calibrating tps - January 15, 2010, 02:05 PM

does anyone have a pcv for their 2009+ late model bike? i'm wondering how the tps is supposed to be calibrated. supposedly, it can be calibrated with ignition on, engine off, but the only way i can get a readout on the pcv is if ignition and engine are both on.

2013 Toyota Prius C4, holding up traffic...
2009 FZ1 (R-77 carbon exhaust, PC V, BMC air filter, D-shaped 'flies, chopped airbox and AIS, FCE; SW-Motech toprack and quick-release siderack, E55 topcase, pair of V35 sidecase, Woodcraft frame sliders)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to novasquid Send a message via AIM to novasquid  
Unread
  (#2)
running on liquid crazy.

January 15, 2010, 02:20 PM

Talked to Rick- some bikes can and most bikes cannot- that's supposedly just a blanket statement that they put on the directions. That bike will definitely have be on and running. Give him a call if you want: 571-277-0892

the one and only...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
just some dude

January 15, 2010, 02:31 PM

ivan from ivan's performance shop has an fz1 and says it can be done with ignition on, engine off, but it definitely isn't working that way. the pcv instructions say bikes with fly-by-wire throttle should calibrate their tps on a dyno, i'm guessing because the engine has to be running.

i did it with engine running, and i got it all set. i did it twice to make sure, and got exact same readings each time.

2013 Toyota Prius C4, holding up traffic...
2009 FZ1 (R-77 carbon exhaust, PC V, BMC air filter, D-shaped 'flies, chopped airbox and AIS, FCE; SW-Motech toprack and quick-release siderack, E55 topcase, pair of V35 sidecase, Woodcraft frame sliders)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to novasquid Send a message via AIM to novasquid