DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 561
2 members and 559 guests
beatle, Leoallafila
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Headlight Option...VERTICA FAIRING HEADLIGHT
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

Headlight Option...VERTICA FAIRING HEADLIGHT - April 1, 2009, 07:52 PM

Im a new owner of a 05 SV650S and have been researching the idea of new headlights for my naked conversion.
I am hoping that this forum can provide some info on the headlight shown above..I found it here

http://www.flyncycle.com/ProductDeta...Code=HLUVERBLK

At $49.99 for the set up(i think its for the whole setup)...it sure beats the cost of the buell setup.....
says it comes "complete with mounting rubbers"....don't know if thats all i'll need to fit on the SV650S.

Anyone with advice or experience on this?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
TPG - screw face

April 1, 2009, 09:11 PM

pretty positive those aren't DOT approved (if that matters or not to you...it doesn't to me, i'm runnin some cheapo $20 fog lights for headlights now lol). The lights you mentioned don't shine that bright as they are only 20w bulbs (i think)....unless you do some kind of upgrade then you have to worry about melting the plastic (headlight housing) with a higher wattage bulb = more heat. Also, not being DOT approved means it's prolly some cheapo plastic which is why only a 20W bulb is used....trust me...there's more out there...keep searchin and g/l

if you haven't already...a check out http://www.acerbis.com/p001_frontpage/frontpage.html

i'm lookin for a headlight for my naked gsxr too

..besides...that's ugly as sin

Last edited by Oneway; April 1, 2009 at 09:16 PM..
Unread
  (#3)
TPG

April 1, 2009, 09:55 PM

http://www.flyncycle.com/Replacement.../hluragblk.htm

that's what I have on my bike, it comes with what you need to mount it, those rubber straps go around the forks and attach to those plastic brackets which bolt to the headlight itself, the mounts on the light itself are slotted to allow for adjustability so it's aimed correctly. I also reinforced with some zipties to make it extra secure. Mine has 4 bulbs instead of 2 but it's pretty decent at night, not as good as stock but certainly fine, I'm not sure I'd go with the 2 bulb one though. I know the acerbis ones are better but I couldn't see dropping a couple hundred bucks on one unfortunately. Good luck and oh since they ship from China don't expect to see it for a couple weeks.

Tags
headlight, sv650, sv650s, vertica