DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 571
1 members and 570 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tech Questions

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Issue with CRG Shorty Levers on K9 GSXR 600
Unread
  (#1)
Don't call my name
 
KO Photos's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,024
Join Date: July 27, 2009
Location: South Riding
Issue with CRG Shorty Levers on K9 GSXR 600 - May 1, 2010, 06:09 PM

With the help of another rider, we managed to get CRG shorty levers installed on my bike. Everything looked good, we went to take it for a short test ride, and the bike wouldn't start. After fiddling with the clutch lever for a bit, we realized that if the clutch lever was set for the closest/shortest setting, the clutch sensor was not released enough to allow the bike to start. However, if the adjuster is set to 3 or higher (pushing the lever farther from the clip on), the bike will start. We've played with the clutch cable, loosening and tigthening, nothing seems to work.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

I'm also considering just leaving it as is, to throw off anyone who tries to mess with my bike and can't start it.


Occasional rider, occasional photographer

KnockOut Photography
https://www.facebook.com/KnockOutMotoPhotos
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
drop out
 
lowpro35's Avatar
 
Posts: 126
Join Date: March 12, 2009
Location: Leesburg, VA
May 1, 2010, 06:32 PM

  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
whoa preppy......
 
Scot's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,070
Join Date: May 19, 2005
Location: Fredericksburg, Va
May 1, 2010, 06:35 PM

Is the clutch sensor built into the perch or on the motor?


2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
Traction Control
 
Tecknojoe's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,969
Join Date: May 6, 2009
Location: The hell out of VA
May 1, 2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
With the help of another rider, we managed to get CRG shorty levers installed on my bike. Everything looked good, we went to take it for a short test ride, and the bike wouldn't start. After fiddling with the clutch lever for a bit, we realized that if the clutch lever was set for the closest/shortest setting, the clutch sensor was not released enough to allow the bike to start. However, if the adjuster is set to 3 or higher (pushing the lever farther from the clip on), the bike will start. We've played with the clutch cable, loosening and tigthening, nothing seems to work.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

I'm also considering just leaving it as is, to throw off anyone who tries to mess with my bike and can't start it.


KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
Don't call my name
 
KO Photos's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,024
Join Date: July 27, 2009
Location: South Riding
May 1, 2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
Is the clutch sensor built into the perch or on the motor?
On the perch. The lever has a small metal tab that presses in the sensor's actuator. Thus when the lever is pulled in, the actuator is able to come out, but apparently not far enough to activate the sensor.




I can post pics tomorrow. And I apologize if my descriptions are bad, I'm not too mechanically inclined.


Occasional rider, occasional photographer

KnockOut Photography
https://www.facebook.com/KnockOutMotoPhotos
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM
 
dodge131's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,567
Join Date: May 31, 2006
Location: NOVA
May 1, 2010, 07:31 PM

Are these real CRG'S? or fake ebay ones? Be careful with the brake also. If you feel like the brake is dragging stop and do not ride the bike. Sometimes you have to modify the levers or perch to get the right fit.


www.RnRcycles.com


Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
Don't call my name
 
KO Photos's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,024
Join Date: July 27, 2009
Location: South Riding
May 1, 2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post
Are these real CRG'S? or fake ebay ones? Be careful with the brake also. If you feel like the brake is dragging stop and do not ride the bike. Sometimes you have to modify the levers or perch to get the right fit.
Definitely should be real CRG. Ordered through Kyle Racing Engines. Came in the CRG black box, and had all the CRG tags/stickers etc.

Brake was perfectly fine.


Occasional rider, occasional photographer

KnockOut Photography
https://www.facebook.com/KnockOutMotoPhotos
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
Street Bonk Bum.....
 
JWZelibor's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,556
Join Date: February 15, 2006
Location: fairfax
May 3, 2010, 05:04 AM

have a shop do it


CCS AM # 204
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
Slappa Da Baseeee , Mon'
 
blushin's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,878
Join Date: November 15, 2008
Location: alexandria, va
May 3, 2010, 05:37 AM

they are real crg's, obviously you didnt install them right kt, they should not have to be modified at all, they are a direct bolt on.


-Phill-

2002 RC51-Ask and i will tell
1977 Harley-Davidson FLH (gettin a face lift)
2006 cbr1000rr-(sold)
2000 929- (sold)
2002 R1- (sold)

chumchum: my front is stiff and my rear is lose

#452-LE: I feel like jelly....... cauz jam dont shake like this!!

----------Alexandria, Va----------
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to blushin  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ
 
RacerX2050's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,957
Join Date: July 14, 2006
Location: i get around
May 3, 2010, 06:08 AM

soooooooo you get this working or what?


Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
noise
 
static's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,080
Join Date: October 2, 2002
Location: metro
May 3, 2010, 06:38 AM

I have a question... Is the actuator behind the lever a micro-switch of some sort to complete the circuit?

IF SO, use a single edge razor and shave off minute and I mean minute amounts of plastic off the tip.

Dink and I did this on my 6 for the brake lever side to actuate the light much sooner and without actually "braking" to flash it. 7 years later still great...


Just a thought.


"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#12)
Don't call my name
 
KO Photos's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,024
Join Date: July 27, 2009
Location: South Riding
May 3, 2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX2050 View Post
soooooooo you get this working or what?
Didn't have time yesterday to try it in various positions. But may try that this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by static View Post
I have a question... Is the actuator behind the lever a micro-switch of some sort to complete the circuit?

IF SO, use a single edge razor and shave off minute and I mean minute amounts of plastic off the tip.

Dink and I did this on my 6 for the brake lever side to actuate the light much sooner and without actually "braking" to flash it. 7 years later still great...


Just a thought.
Was considering something similar to this. Luckily the bike will start when the lever is in a higher setting. I've heard of a few other people having this issue as well and was curious to hear solutions.


Occasional rider, occasional photographer

KnockOut Photography
https://www.facebook.com/KnockOutMotoPhotos
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#13)
Traction Control
 
Tecknojoe's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,969
Join Date: May 6, 2009
Location: The hell out of VA
May 3, 2010, 07:57 AM

u probly already did, but check the gixxer squid forums


KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#14)
Parkin lot pimpin'
 
EndoSJ3's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,855
Join Date: September 26, 2008
Location: Fairfax
May 3, 2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blushin View Post
they are real crg's, obviously you didnt install them right kt, they should not have to be modified at all, they are a direct bolt on.
I've even looked at 'em phil...they were installed correctly


2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R - back at it again
2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) Lots o' Mods - SOLD


2013 Ford F-150 Ecoboost (Toy Haulin)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EndoSJ3  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#15)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов
 
vonstallin's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,825
Join Date: November 2, 2006
Location: Wash DC: (2 min from Adams Morgan)
May 3, 2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
Didn't have time yesterday to try it in various positions. But may try that this evening





The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.