DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 532
0 members and 532 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
monster s4r stalling
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

monster s4r stalling - October 5, 2008, 11:09 AM

i was on my way home from a friends house last night, and on the way my bike lost power and then cut out. I then pulled over to the the side of the road and tried to restart the engine. The bike idled just fine but as soon as it was revved (no load) to about 2100 rpms the motor would cut out again. i then tried to rev it up again but this time slower and was able to reach about 2300 rpms before it stalled, when it stalled for the second time it was running crazy rich and shooting flames. the bike does have pc3 and i suspect that it could be related to the stalling issue, due to the fact that the cel is not on. I going to see if pulling the pc3 out will cure these issues. does anyone have any suggestions.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
tang ama ka !!!!!!!

October 5, 2008, 12:10 PM

check www.ducati.ms

Anthony
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to totnac  
Unread
  (#3)
Agitator

October 5, 2008, 12:16 PM

battery or voltage regulator is shot.

I had this problem on my 748 and on my s4r, what is actually happening is the ECU is losing power, and thus corrupting the RPM signal from the motor...so it thinks its at a bazillion rpm when its not, hence the flames (too much fuel) and the stalling (its "hitting the rev limiter" at a low rpm and thus killing the motor)...try putting the battery on a charger for a while and see if the problem goes away--ducs are really hard on batteries, especially the big ones. If that works...you are good, but keep an eye on it, the battery could be old and not charging properly. If a battery swap doesn't cure it, need a new regulator...check ebay, or I think I have one I'm not using.

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman