DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 529
1 members and 528 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
My front fairing is lose. What could be causing this problem?
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

Question My front fairing is lose. What could be causing this problem? - January 6, 2008, 06:20 PM

Hi everyone and thanks for reading

After doing a oil change for the first time on my 04gsxr600 . I started to notice after a couple of hounder of miles that the front fairing was geting very lose and its been geting worse . Its been like that for the past 50 miles and keeps geting worse . I was looking at the bike today and noticed a screw what was missing on the T shaped metal that hold the front fairing. So I figured all I need to do is just replace it and it would fix the problem. But I am still having the same problem . Everytime I go over a little bump or whole on the road it does that and I heard a noice at times if I go over a very big bump.

Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated .
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
where the good spotz at ?

January 6, 2008, 06:24 PM

sounds like you lost both your upper fairing stay bolts........either that...or upper fairing stay is broken

DBR 4 Life
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to kidcycle Send a message via AIM to kidcycle  
Unread
  (#3)
running on liquid crazy.

Thumbs up January 6, 2008, 06:38 PM

Hey NinjaRider,

What are you doing riding a gixxer if you're a NinjaRider? \ Anyway, it's hard to say what's going on with your fairings. I would have thought it was the fairing stay, but if you're saying you've checked that, then I can't think what it would be. Tomorrow supposed to be B-E-A-utiful, so ride that thing up 28 and visit Rick at the shop www.rnrcycles.com. He should be able to take a look at it and figure it out right away. I'm sure it will be an easy fix...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Owner & Creator

January 6, 2008, 07:22 PM

Check the 2 bolts that hold the fairing stay or take it to Rick's at RNR.

Man I miss riding
Unread
  (#5)
Derpentine Dealer

January 7, 2008, 07:44 AM

If you're a DIY'er, look at the microfiche schematics for your bike on ronayers.com. You can see all the screws, bolts, etc. and where each goes. Then perhaps you should deconstruct your plastics in a methodical manner to find what you're missing by comparing to the schematic that you printed or kept onscreen. Then order what you're missing and put it back together. It's best to not run around with partially detatched fairings because you don't know when something may fly apart on you.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#6)
Naked...it's the only way

January 7, 2008, 08:44 AM

My professional diagnosis is "Streetfighter Envy".
Thanks Guys
Unread
  (#7)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

Thumbs up Thanks Guys - January 9, 2008, 09:01 PM

Thanks for the information guys
I went down to Fairfax Cycles that next morning since FLC and RNR were closed.

The problem was that missing bolt . The tech told me the reason it was still lose was because the screw that I had picked up from lowes was not a perfect size.

So I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who replyed to my posting and if this happends to you make sure you order a new screw from your bike manufacturer or get one from a motorcycle shop. Because you can do damage to the thread in the hole that the screw goes in.
Unread
  (#8)
GET SOME ! ! !

January 9, 2008, 09:26 PM

I think it wants to be naked....but i would check the fairing stay as noted, once you find it, loctite those things in place...
Unread
  (#9)
FASTER

January 9, 2008, 09:40 PM

My gsxr did the same thing. No other bike I have ever had has ever had the fairing stay bracket bolts back out or anybody else I know. Not saying it is a Suzuki thing. LOCTITE them bitches.
If you or anyone needs a replacement bolt or screw make sure you take another so you can buy the exact same. You have size, length and thread pitch. Just cause it is the same lenght and size doesn't mean the threads are the same. You could strip it out and cost you more.

Favorite thing on my bike: the miles I put on it

Last edited by JUSTGO; January 9, 2008 at 09:42 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JUSTGO