DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 530
3 members and 527 guests
2blueyam, davidcycle, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Need Suzuki clutch tool to replace my clutch....
Unread
  (#1)
Signed up for Track Days!

Need Suzuki clutch tool to replace my clutch.... - June 10, 2010, 01:32 PM

Wanted to see if someone (hopefully near Baltimore/Frederick) might have a Suzuki clutch tool I might be able to borrow.

The one I need is for a 2006-7 GSXR-600, specifically this is the tool that holds the clutch basket still so you can take out all of the spring bolts, etc., I know that if I try to use something that isn't meant for this (ie Big screwdriver, etc.) I am gonna break something.

Dealer quoted me $230 for the tool....

So, if someone has one I can borrow, I would really appreciate it, payment for use of the tool can be cash, or perhaps beer?

Shoot me a PM if you can help me out...

If this fails I will be going to RNR to get it done... I got all the parts, just no tool to do it myself....

You don't always get slower as you get older
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
T.R.I.T.D.H

June 10, 2010, 01:53 PM

you can build your own...lots of post...if i wasn't chomping on pollo saltado now I'd find them for you....lol

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#3)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

June 10, 2010, 02:11 PM

If you have an impact gun you don't need the tool. Or you can get the motion pro tool which is a huge pair of vice grips.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#4)

June 10, 2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post
If you have an impact gun you don't need the tool. Or you can get the motion pro tool which is a huge pair of vice grips.
So I can just use the impact gun to get them off eh? How do I set the proper torque on the bolts (clutch springs, etc.) when I put it back together?

If the bike is in gear, will the basket stay in place while I torque them down? (only like 7 ft-lbs according to the manual)

Thanks for the info...

Unread
  (#5)
unapologetic

June 10, 2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrod68 View Post
So I can just use the impact gun to get them off eh? How do I set the proper torque on the bolts (clutch springs, etc.) when I put it back together?

If the bike is in gear, will the basket stay in place while I torque them down? (only like 7 ft-lbs according to the manual)

Thanks for the info...
yes. that's how Greg used to change out clutches all the time. Laid the bike right over and went to town.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bamalam on the clutches.jpg (302.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg bamalam on ANOTHER clutch.jpg (348.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Mike giving Bam the business about the stupid clutch.jpg (296.5 KB, 28 views)

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid
Unread
  (#6)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

June 10, 2010, 09:47 PM

The clutch spring torque is very light. Blue loctite and just past snug. As for the basket I thought that is way you need the tool. If you are just changing the plates you do not need the tool. To remove the nut for the basket what I do is leave all the plates in and put some force on them like a screwdriver. The force of the plates will hold the basket so you can impact the nut off. You can try a breaker bar but I never have. Always impact. As far as putting it back on I just impact it on until the basket turns and then peen it.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#7)

June 11, 2010, 07:37 AM

cool.. thanks guys... I don't plan on pulling the basket, just change the frictions and steels.... the manual was not too clear on this point... it lists using the tool anytime you do work on the clutch...

I haven't done one of these myself before, so just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.. I hate messing stuff up...