DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 552
4 members and 548 guests
2blueyam, amit, GRN96WS6, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Oil Leak from hose!
Unread
  (#1)
Hey now.

Unhappy Oil Leak from hose! - December 20, 2009, 12:33 AM

HELP! I'm pulling my hair out.

I noticed a drip forming under my bike after turning on and warming up a couple days ago. After running it for about 5 min, I watched this very slow drip continue and then stop. Turned the bike off, put my finger in the spot and smelled. Oil! I don't know a lot, but I do know I should not be dripping oil. Removed fairing, saw oil spatter and cleaned it up, turned back on and located the drip. Just replace the hose right? Problem is, I have scoured the shop manual and can't find any mention of this piece other than this picture. I have also scoured various online parts references, i.e. and such and no such luck. Does anyone have any suggestions for this hose?

http://www.suzukipartshouse.net/page.../1/Suzuki.aspx

Attached Images
File Type: gif oilhose.gif (17.3 KB, 11 views)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Gravelabstudios  
Unread
  (#2)
TPG - screw face

December 20, 2009, 01:21 AM

it was my understanding that you may drip a lil oil when the bike is started in really cold temps - but it will stop when the bike warms up and shouldn't drip again unless you leave it in cold temps for a while again. Obviously I could be wrong.

you prolly don't need the hose - just the banjos and washer, unless it comes as a unit for your specific bike. edit* nevermind, i looked at the pic.

check out ronayers.com and try to find the part and part# on the microfiche - or just pick up the phone and call a shop.

Last edited by Oneway; December 20, 2009 at 01:29 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to