DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 487
0 members and 487 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Overflow routing
Unread
  (#1)
TNT
GP Champ

Overflow routing - September 22, 2013, 08:52 PM

2008 R6 - trying to figure out the routing for the overflow lines from the gas tank. I've been checking service manual and google, to no avail. I have heard it described a few different ways, and not knowing the ins and outs of all the terminology, I am hoping someone who has an R6 can snap a picture and MS Paint that stuff to make it overly obvious for me. Can anyone help? Otherwise the lines are going to sit across my rear shock spring like they are now, without a home.

Thanks!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Winnar!!

September 22, 2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
2008 R6 - trying to figure out the routing for the overflow lines from the gas tank. I've been checking service manual and google, to no avail. I have heard it described a few different ways, and not knowing the ins and outs of all the terminology, I am hoping someone who has an R6 can snap a picture and MS Paint that stuff to make it overly obvious for me. Can anyone help? Otherwise the lines are going to sit across my rear shock spring like they are now, without a home.

Thanks!
Straight down.... avoid the exhaust side.

Amigo del pussy wah wah!
Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer

September 22, 2013, 11:55 PM

On my 10r, the tank vent line and water line from the airbox both travel to the left side and end at the bottom of the engine. It doesn't really matter where you route them so long as they maintain a downhill slope.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#4)
TNT
GP Champ

September 25, 2013, 07:35 PM

Thanks, I'll endeavor not to get the tubing stuck in the shifter or the chain

I should have titled this thread "TNT's newbie questions."

So, I'm putting on new clip ons and grips - got woodcrafts and renthal medium grips. For the bars that come with woodcrafts, you can decide for the rounded bar end or the flat bar end on the outside. Which is preferable for the track? I'm thinking rounded, though I'm guessing the things will be toast anyways in a decent slide. Thoughts?
Unread
  (#5)
ELBOWZ

September 25, 2013, 07:43 PM

Put the rounded portion on the outside. At least I always have and have been happy.

I also route my overflow lines on te left side o the engine behind the case cover, in front of the front sprocket and down. I zipties them together so the are out of the way and never have had an issue. I have a 07 R6.

CCS #720 Expert
Michelin Tires www.sportbiketireservice.com
EvolveGT www.evolvegt.com
MRP Motorsports www.mrpmotorsports.com
MOTO-D Racing Tire Warmers www.motodracing.com
EVIL Powder Coating www.evilpowdercoating.com
AMSOIL www.dc-moto.net
Trackside Parts Club www.tracksidepartsclub.com
James
Unread
  (#6)
TNT
GP Champ

September 27, 2013, 10:07 PM

Awesome, thanks guys. I got 99 problems, but overflow routing...
So, onto the next thing in my now inaccurately titled post.

I'm putting on woodcraft clip ons (the two piece rings). I'm supposed to torque the bolts evenly, and there is just about no way to handle the front pair of bolts even with an L-allen wrench. I'm guessing that to get any clearance I need to do this with the triple off and the brake and throttle lines detached and out of the way? Anybody have any special tips for this one? Also been looking for torque specs rather unsuccessfully.

Thanks!