DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 543
1 members and 542 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Questions about Motorcycle Lift Tables....
Unread
  (#1)
Que se jodan!!

Questions about Motorcycle Lift Tables.... - February 7, 2008, 06:49 AM

HA! A motorcycle thread on .net! (GASP!!!)

Real quick - I'm entertaining the idea of purchasing a lift table for bike work and had these questions:

1. Is there anything I need to look for, or avoid in a prospective table?

2. Any specific model you would recommend?

Your experience is my gain....

Whisper
"Speak quietly and carry a big stick."
2014 BMW S1000RR
2006 GSXR 1000 - Street (Sold)
2005 GSXR 1000 - Track (Sold - I hate you, Paul)
2010 YZ250F -Motocross in Mexico (I still hate Yamahas)

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whisper  
Unread
  (#2)
noise

February 7, 2008, 07:19 AM

I wish I could be of more help but, at the Patriot Harley dealership there is a folding table that can be raised hydraulicly or compressed air... I can't seem to remember the manufacturer at the moment. It has a Baxley like chock to lock the front wheel in and a sliding oil tray/catch as well as a pull out tray for placing tools and parts... It was nice for around $499 for sportbikes to $599 for longer heavier cruisers. Like above it folds and rolls away much like an exercise bench, very compact! I did a search, thought it was made by the Baxley Co. but no luck...

EDIT: I remember now... http://www.kendonusa.com/
A reputable company.

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."

Last edited by static; February 7, 2008 at 07:39 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

February 7, 2008, 07:35 AM

How much are you willing to spend? I ask this cause there is a big difference from crappy to ok to awesome. I have worked on all three. The best is a Snap on brand for 4500.00.
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....dir=catalog%20

Here are 2 from K&L that are very nice but nowere as stable for heavy bikes like a BMW or Goldwing but should work real good for you bikes.
http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Engine.html
The worst cost under 600 bucks and are complete shit. Rememeber you get what you pay for.
Oh and make sure you can get a removable front wheel chock. I like the flat smooth surface instead of a diamond plate. Makes it easier to clean up fluids. Also a lip on the side is ok but can be a pain in the ass sometimes. You will most likely drill holes in it to put tie downs on the front, center and rear.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!

Last edited by dodge131; February 7, 2008 at 07:39 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Que se jodan!!

February 7, 2008, 09:54 AM

Thanks Dodge - I appreciate your taking the time to answer....

Whisper
"Speak quietly and carry a big stick."
2014 BMW S1000RR
2006 GSXR 1000 - Street (Sold)
2005 GSXR 1000 - Track (Sold - I hate you, Paul)
2010 YZ250F -Motocross in Mexico (I still hate Yamahas)

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whisper