DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 563
1 members and 562 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Scrapping a bike....how?
Unread
  (#1)
Strongly Opinionated :)

Scrapping a bike....how? - July 25, 2011, 07:43 PM

The short question is, where do I scrap a likely engineless ZX11? Best case will be with an engine thats junk...see below if interested in the rest of the story...

I once again got hit with the numer 2 rod bearing issue....unfortunately, I just blamed myself the first time, the second time, I went looking for why it happened. Found out, fix is simple! Just keep the oil overfilled slightly, increases the pressure, and #2 isn't starved anymore. Excellent, order a rebuilt motor like I did before. I should have immediatly returned this thing after mounting it and adding fluids, and it wouldn't hold coolant OR oil. Instead, I figured, well, how bad is it to do a few seals....every last single seal later, I finally get it running...more oil leaks, keep topping it off, and fixing leaks. About 3 weeks ago, I went out to find where the latest leak would be, and it ran like crap, popping and struggling to climb to 2K rpm. I shut it down, last seal replaced was the pickup coil cover. Figure I'll let it cool, then check the pickup coil....well, I was pissed at it, so I didn't go back out there till tonight. Checked the pickup coil spacing (figured I might have loosened it somehow when I had the cover off before), nothings wrong with it. Decide to start it and see what happens. Like before, struggles to climb rpm. Exhaust pops once, and I let go of the throttle and it stops. Restarting is quite difficult, and when it finally does, the exhaust sounds completly different. No crisp pops making that familier sport bike sound, instead its more of a gurgle. Keep in mind this motor has only run for maybe a total of 15 minutes since being "rebuilt", and not gone over 5K rpm.

My take, this motor was *not* rebuilt, and the idiot I dealt with, Charlie from Cycles R Us sent me someone elses bad motor. Either way, I'm asking for a refund, not paying shipping to ship the dead thing back, he can do a residential pickup if he wants it back. If he doesn't, its small claims court, and will be in VA, not Chicago where he lives (thats how small claims works).
Either way, I'm looking to scrap the ZX11. I'm sick of working on a bike, and just want to ride!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Corry Send a message via Yahoo to Corry Send a message via AIM to Corry Send a message via MSN to Corry  
Unread
  (#2)
Site Owner

July 25, 2011, 07:44 PM

Send a PM to KidCycle. He works with salvage bikes all the time and knows whats up.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper