DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 566
1 members and 565 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Silkolene Race Oil
Unread
  (#1)
Mojito Anyone?

Silkolene Race Oil - May 11, 2010, 03:38 PM

Has anyone ever used this? I've read a lot of good reviews about it and was thinking to test it out. It's expensive as shit but might be worth a try.

http://www.silkoleneusa.com/default.aspx
http://www.silkoleneoil.com/pdf/ProR0w20.pdf

Pro R 0W-20 Racing Oil
Special formulation, racing only 4-stroke engine oil using Electrosyntec Technology.
Silkolene Pro R 0W-20 Racing Oil is an entirely new concept in competition lubrication. Racing engines lose power and waste
fuel energy due to oil drag and friction. This maximum power 0W-20 is a unique low viscosity synthetic which cuts oil drag yet
maintains a tough low-wear film on highly stressed components. Specially researched friction modifier chemistry depends
upon Electrostatic Adhesion to attack friction at crucial points in valve and power train systems - two sources of hidden power
give that vital edge in acceleration and full throttle output.
Dynamometer tests on 0W-20 advanced development project racing engine oil have produced amazing results. The test
machine was an 1100cc Honda Blackbird motorcycle approximately 1 year old. Power curves were obtained using a 'Dynojet'
rolling-road dynamometer set up to record EEC horsepower. The results were as follows:-
􀂃 15W-50 Racing engine oil:- Max power: 127.9 BHP @ 9750 RPM. Max torque: 75.8 ft-lbs.@
7300 RPM
􀂃 5W-40 Racing engine oil:- Max power: 131.6 BHP @ 9750 RPM. Max torque: 77.7 ft-lbs.@
7400 RPM
􀂃 Pro R 0W-20 Racing Oil:- Max power: 134.4 BHP @ 9750 RPM. Max torque: 78.9 ft-lbs.@ 7400 RPM
These results were much better than expected. In restricted racing classes where modifications are strictly limited, power
increases in the region of 3 to 5% are potentially race-winning!
ELECTROSYNTEC TECHNOLOGY - RELEASES HIDDEN POWER!
Typical Technical Data Pro R
0W-20
Kinematic Viscosity @ 100 oC..cSt 8.91
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40 oC..cSt 45.78
Viscosity Index 179
SAE Rating 0W-20
Cold crank viscosity @-35 oC < 6200 cp
Pourpoint oC <-40
Colour Pale
Amber
Specific Gravity @ 15 oC 0.866
Flash Point, (Closed) oC 180
CAUTION: STRICTLY FOR PROFESSIONAL RACING AND TRACK USE ONLY. SOME OLDER ENGINES MAY HAVE INADEQUATE OIL PUMP CAPACITY
UNDER RACE CONDITIONS TO MAINTAIN FULL OIL PRESSURE WITH THIS LOW VISCOSITY PRODUCT.
The information contained herein is believed to be correct at the time of publication. No warranty, expressed or implied, is given concerning the accuracy of the information or
suitability of the products. Fuchs Silkolene reserves the right to modify and change its products and specifications without prior notice. Full Material Safety Data Sheets are available
on request from the Fuchs Lubricants (UK) Technical Services Department on FREEPHONE 0800 212542 or Tel No: +44 (0)1782 203085
Fuchs Lubricants (UK) PLC Century Street, Hanley, Stoke on Trent, ST1 5HU Tel No: +44 (0)8701 200400 Fax: +44 (0)1782 203775 www.silkolene.com

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#2)
Meh

May 11, 2010, 04:42 PM

Regardless of what they say, I would run any 20wt oil in my bike if it calls for 50wt.

When that stuff breaks down, it is probably the viscosity of water. Not good regardless of what they say about film strength.

I would like to see some non-sponsored dynographs of the oil comparison.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
unapologetic

May 11, 2010, 04:47 PM

onelow, what are you trying to accomplish by running this oil? Cooler temps? More power? Extra protection? Longer drain intervals?

asking seriously. It is a really expensive oil and there are a lot of less expensive options out there based on you response. Just because it says "racing" on it doesn't mean it's the best stuff for your bike, just keep that in mind.

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid
Unread
  (#4)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer

May 11, 2010, 05:49 PM

Stick with Amsoil

CCS #133 AM

For all of your oil and filtration needs go to www.dc-moto.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DC-MOTO Send a message via AIM to DC-MOTO  
Unread
  (#5)
The last urrbendah

May 11, 2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
onelow, what are you trying to accomplish by running this oil? Cooler temps? More power? Extra protection? Longer drain intervals?

asking seriously. It is a really expensive oil and there are a lot of less expensive options out there based on you response. Just because it says "racing" on it doesn't mean it's the best stuff for your bike, just keep that in mind.
Fuck that noise. Type R means everything in these streets.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#6)
Being nice :)

May 11, 2010, 06:10 PM

Fuchs? what the fuchs?
Rotella Synthetic ATW ! btw

You're Welcome...
Unread
  (#7)
Mojito Anyone?

May 12, 2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post

I think I just want to try a different oil for my bike to see the response that I get. I have tried numerous oils from rotella to repsol.. amsoil being the latest. I'm not necessarily looking for cooler temps or more power.. I know there won't be extra protection or longer drain intervals with this oil. I'm also smart enough to know that anything that says racing on it isn't always needed..

I was just reading around some kawi forums and a few people raved about this oil and how they had improved performance while using it.

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#8)
STAY ON THE BIKE.........

May 12, 2010, 10:39 AM

silkolene is really good oil...ive always ran it in my bikes and i love it...again it is a lil pricey but for what it is its great..i mean we spend thousands of dollars on our machines and aftermarket performance..why not spend the lil extra where it really matters!
Unread
  (#9)
Meh

May 13, 2010, 12:54 AM

Because that extra money does not necessarily buy your extra protection. Plenty of overpriced MC specific oils out there sold at shops that under deliver when compared to other oils.

I can run off the shelf Rotella, Mobil 15w-50, or AMSoil at about 6 bucks or less a quart and have a better oil that most so-called MC oils.

I see no data as to what base stocks they are using and unless you run very short intervals on a low viscosity oil like that, you are asking for problems.

I would prefer to have a safe motor than one that makes about 2 more HP and cost a sh*t ton more to run.
Unread
  (#10)
2 wheels for life

May 13, 2010, 08:42 AM

oiloiloiloiloilololololol

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
STAY ON THE BIKE.........

May 13, 2010, 10:58 AM

the silkolene pro comp 4 10w40 is the best stuff ive ever ran in my bike is all im saying..to each is own but i back silkolene 100%