DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 522
0 members and 522 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
SOS HELP SOS. HESD ALONG WITH PGM-FI
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

SOS HELP SOS. HESD ALONG WITH PGM-FI - May 17, 2008, 09:42 AM

hey everyone, i been having a problem with my cbr1krr and any suggestion and tech helps will be gladly appreciated.

it started 3 nights ago. going 70 mph on the highway, suddenly hit a bump then goes the christmas lights(malfunction, HESD, FI lights) comes on all at once. i can tell that FI stops blowing gas for 1 or 2 seconds and at the same time the bike jerks off like it wanted to stall. then those lights go off and back to normal but hitting another bump makes it all happen again. today it has become real bad that i haven't even hit 30 mph or any bump then all 3 lights comes up and jerks the bike and it constantly comes up that i gave up riding and turn around after not even 1/4 mile away from my house.

guys, any feedback about this will be nice. i can't risk riding her anymore cos it's so scary when it jerks that i might crash and hurt myself.

but really, what does the hesd has to do with the fi?

i seriously need help about this. thanks y'll.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Signed up for Track Days!

May 17, 2008, 10:13 AM

Electrical problem... probably a bad connection or ground in the main harness at or near the ECU. Check your manual to find the ECU, unplug & replug them in to make sure they're seated right. Basic solution...
Unread
  (#3)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

May 17, 2008, 01:23 PM

damn cbr's i love it but electrical problems on it are just inevitable man. i've heard those comments bout electric problems on it but i never believed it. i thought it was just how the rider rides it.

i checked the ecu. plugged it out and plugged it back in and i thought that was it(got me fooled) then problem persist once again.