DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 547
3 members and 544 guests
GRN96WS6, legendindisguise, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
track day number plates/track day prep made easier?
Unread
  (#1)
Knee Draggin!

track day number plates/track day prep made easier? - September 18, 2007, 08:14 PM

SuperbikePlanet.com-track day number plates

I'm the occasional track day rider (probably about 8-12 days next season) and have only one bike that pulls double duty. Currently when I do a track day I swap my dark tinted windscreen for the clear one that has 6" Home Depot type sticker numbers on it. I also remove the license plate and tail assembly. Then do the obvious painters tape over everything, remove mirrors and light fuses.

In my quest to make my life easier I was going to get an integrated rear light assembly so that I wouldn't have to keep cutting wires each time I pull off my rear turn signals. If I got this number kit also, I would just leave it on the bike. So the only two items I'd have to remove are my license plate and mirrors then tape over the few lights that aren't covered.

This would take my track day prep/unprep from about 30-45 minutes to less than 5 minutes. I know I can keep most of that stuff on but I like to have a cleaner look at the track with all the easier to remove stuff removed. My question is has anybody had any experience with these number kits and are they worth the money? Would it be better to order just the front or front and rear numbers (I have an OEM seat cowl)? The obvious down fall would be less light at night (and probably not legal) and the smart remarks I'm sure to receive riding around with numbers on (that I can care less about).

What are everybody’s opinions and thoughts about this?

Charlie
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
( * )|( * )

September 18, 2007, 08:20 PM

I'm curious...why do orgs run a trackday number? Do the record some sort of information? I thought orgs like TPM and Nesba had an account which stated what group you run such as beginner, intermediate, or advanced.

However, those kits look pretty nice!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#3)
Knee Draggin!

September 18, 2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6
I'm curious...why do orgs run a trackday number? Do the record some sort of information? I thought orgs like TPM and Nesba had an account which stated what group you run such as beginner, intermediate, or advanced.

However, those kits look pretty nice!
My guess would be to track an individual rider for various reasons (instructional, safety, ect...). Plus it makes it easier for the photographers to sort the photos

Charlie
Unread
  (#4)
Track Ho

September 18, 2007, 08:52 PM

so if you are blowin smoke they can page you after or if you cut someone off they can page you and bitch at you

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"